Marcus Blaze

11 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Takes out fellow high schoolers Jax and Luke.  Very strong tourney.  Hoping folks can add more color — his background and prospects. 

Google "Marcus Blaze wrestling"

• Stalling 1

2 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Takes out fellow high schoolers Jax and Luke.  Very strong tourney.  Hoping folks can add more color — his background and prospects. 

beat Knox two matches to zero to make u17 team last year won gold

2-1 against Jax in High school 

2-0 against Lilledahl beat him in iron man finals 2 years ago

beat Nico at the trials

beat Ramos at clarion open

apparently trains with Jesse a lot at Ohio State 

2 high school losses one off a fleeing the mat call to deluca at iron man in OT that he avenged for 3/4 and to davino in rideouts this year at ironman

I think he is the best p4p wrestler in high school right now as far as recruiting goes you have him,jax,knox all sorta around the same weight for now although I think blaze and Jax end up in the 141-149 range so I would have him as the #2 recruit for 2025 behind duke simply because of separation from guys around your weight. I hope he goes to Ohio State he seems to train there a lot and with Jesse and Feldman having at least two more years welsh having three and him and davino coming in I think they could push PSU potentially.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

9 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Damn.  Kids is incredible.  Yet you still have him #2 behind PJ Duke?  Seems like a clear #1 in his recruiting class.  What am I missing?

Purely because there is so much separation from duke and the other guys around his weigh in the class of 2025. Where as while Blaze I think is better than Knox and Deluca they are both relatively comparable to his skill level. Bouzakis may be the closest comp to duke and Duke beat him 21-8 last time they wrestled. 

After writing that I checked what class ladarion Lockett is and hes also 2025 and I would have him and duke near a coin flip so Im good with blaze at #1

i currently have it

1 - Duke

2 - Lockett

3 - Blaze

but I'm updating after Vegas.

i wouldn't argue with anyone who ordered those three in another fashion.

you get in to nitpicking - but Duke is the most prolific scorer of the bunch. I guess you could argue Blaze had more matches against elite guys than Duke, but Blaze is typically lower/closer scores.

of course i'm splitting hairs. 

• Bob 1

TBD

9 minutes ago, Ragu said:

I think PJ ends up with at least 2 nattys. But i also predicted Jacori would have 3 😅

I once predicted that Brooks, Beard, and Nevills would have six at Penn State.

Had I just committed to the weight class of the years they were eligible I would have been correct (Dean instead of Beard one year and Kerk this year).

My take was still well off, though.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

12 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Lockett, who smoked Shapiro, is a junior?  Holy crap that class is stacked.

While setting up in neutral, Methenbrink pushed his ass into Lockett no less than three times while laughing. That’ll knock you down a few pegs. Not even talking about how he teched him. 

21 minutes ago, Ragu said:

I think PJ ends up with at least 2 nattys. But i also predicted Jacori would have 3 😅

PJ is registered for U20s this week at 70 KG.  As is Webster of Illinois, Michigan recruit Cooper Hilton, Aiden Davis (Braeden's cousin(?)), Dylan Gilcher (Michigan), and a slew of others.  We'll see his mettle tested.

19 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

PJ is registered for U20s this week at 70 KG.  As is Webster of Illinois, Michigan recruit Cooper Hilton, Aiden Davis (Braeden's cousin(?)), Dylan Gilcher (Michigan), and a slew of others.  We'll see his mettle tested.

Any idea how to watch this? 

28 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Any idea how to watch this? 

Flo has an exclusive contract with USAW, I believe.

53 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also, check out Landon Robideau, a Jr from Minnesota up at this weight. His last national appearance was at 138 at Super 32 (2nd place).  He is looking very physical with the weight bump.

• Fire 1

20 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

i know Iowa is on Blaze big time. not revolutionary insight but its all i got.

• Bob 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

6 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Blaze was really impressive as were all of the high school wrestlers. When is the last time we had a high schooler on the national team for men’s freestyle?

Jimmy Carr made Olympic team in freestyle and wrestled in the Olympics. He was 17 and a junior in high school (Pa.) 1972. I am sure there are others who were top 3 and considered to be on the Olympic team. Kyle Snyder is our youngest World Gold medalist (19) and youngest Olympic Gold medalist (20).

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i know Iowa is on Blaze big time. not revolutionary insight but its all i got.

I hope he goes to Ohio State . That way his mom only has a 2-hour drive to watch him wrestle. Iowa is just too far away. 

• Bob 2

26 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Blaze was really impressive as were all of the high school wrestlers. When is the last time we had a high schooler on the national team for men’s freestyle?

Possibly not since "high schooler" (age 19) Henry Cejudo was the 55kg runner-up at the 2006 World Team trials, losing the best-of-three finals to Sammie Henson (who later won World bronze).

• Bob 1