Poll: Which fans are the worst?

Which fans are the worst?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which fans are the worst?

• Penn State
    • Iowa
    • Other (specify in comments)

Which fans are the worst? PSU fans got a bad reputation last night. Have they surpassed Iowa in ignobility? Is some other fan base sneakily worse than those two? Do share. 

13 hours ago, Ragu said:

If your fan base is blatantly racist you’re the worst ones in my eyes. For a long while

So you are characterizing an entire group of people based on the actions of a few? 🤔

13 hours ago, Ragu said:

If your fan base is blatantly racist you’re the worst ones in my eyes. For a long while

And what team would that be? Certainly not PSU. Did they not cheer for Roman, Carter, Aaron for four years each? So which team?

On 4/22/2024 at 7:19 AM, Ragu said:

I think he's referring to when Mark Hall said Iowa fans were yelling racial slurs at him before he wrestled Kemerer at CHA.

How about any fan that goes to any event in any sport that drinks too much and acts like a jackwagon.  If you shout anyone down for any reason, ride the officials, or get out of your seat to speak to the participants you are pretty much a crap fan and are embarrassing yourself and the sport.   

• Bob 3

33 minutes ago, Lordnelson said:

How about any fan that goes to any event in any sport that drinks too much and acts like a jackwagon.  If you shout anyone down for any reason, ride the officials, or get out of your seat to speak to the participants you are pretty much a crap fan and are embarrassing yourself and the sport.   

Haha I was going to say "perpetually online forumites that use the sport as an excuse to talk trash". Similar vein! 🙂

Pretty easy answer. PSU fans booed and insulted an American legend in a neutral tournament to represent the country. Iowa fans gave Gable Steveson a standing O after he beat their guy in a college match in their building. I don’t even have to bring up PSU history for this question, but they’re going to win a “who’s worse” competition against any fan base in the country.

Edited by skandar
  • Bob 4
  • Clown 2

1 hour ago, Lordnelson said:

I bet you're a joy to be around...

• Bob 1

The “worst” fans are the ones there are the most of. When you get a huge group of people together there’s always going to be some bad apples. Especially when they all have their homer glasses on, it’s going to come across obnoxious. That’s why it used to be Iowa fans that were most criticized and now it’s Penn state fans. It is a bit sad though that Penn state fans are doing the same thing they criticized Iowa fans for (ex. Booing sock pulls like the Iowa crowd called for stalling)

• Bob 1