OTT Finals Thread

4 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Undefeated means you never lose. That's not the same thing as having  the last laugh homie. But hey carry on with that room temp IQ.

1 minute ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

It's a friggin expression. The fact that it's gone completely over your head shows your lack of IQ.

Tweedle dork and tweedle pork, go to another thread

16 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

“Grabbing hands…butting heads…grabbing hands…doing a dance…grabbing hands…stand and push…I…wrestle…Greco!”

Greco wrestling used to have such beautiful rhythm. Not anymore 

Edited by Voice of the Quakers
  • Bob 1

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

5 minutes ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

Greco wrestling used to gave such beautiful rhythm. Not anymore 

I would be very curious to know where the level of Greco is globally right now.  Has all greco gotten bad/cheap the way freestyle did during the ball grab era? Or has US greco just…done what US greco does…no offense intended to the athletes whatsoever.

36 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Too much effing around with cows and smoothies. 

Too many cows = too much horsing around

Should have focused on horsepower because that's exactly what Brooks brought today. He ran the gamut, got lucky with a wild thumb from Zahid, walked a mile on the dreadmill, and put it on Taylor. Pretty decent 48 hours.

Edited by bnwtwg

i am an idiot on the internet

10 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I would be very curious to know where the level of Greco is globally right now.  Has all greco gotten bad/cheap the way freestyle did during the ball grab era? Or has US greco just…done what US greco does…no offense intended to the athletes whatsoever.

This is the style worldwide. Winners are determined in par terre. Officials are so desperate to award points we now have the 2 point “correct throw” and 8 point tech falls.

I’m not sure I have answers, but I would start by changing the match format to one five minute period and start action on the feet with some sort of chest to chest contact.

Edited by Voice of the Quakers
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

I hate correct throws and slips. All crap. You get it done or you don't so why does greco in particular give participation trophies?

At any rate, congrats to Rau on becoming another Illinois olympian. Hopefully Ellis can get it done in Turkey and join the crew.

• Fire 1

i remember my introduction to slip throw.

a guy who i know is going to hit it, tries, i counter it and put him down and begin to turn him a few times immediately

the ref stops us...i think i'm ahead.. and ask why no points on the board (this was in the 80's)

he says slip throw.

i just looked at him. what a bunch of horse hockey.

• Bob 2

Schultz needs to go on the Cassioppi plan and build back from a 50 pound cut. What an absolute waste of talent with his lack of discipline watching his tits flop when he was underneath. He should be the guy who breaks the drought but he can't put down the Banquet Beers.