2024 OTT Day 1 Session 1 official thread

BB mckenna match is a perfect example of where folkstyle gets something right. The dominance points of holding a guy on his back for nearfall and the fact that mckenna was very nearly pinned make that match result leave a sour taste in my mouth.

• Bob 3
  • Brain 1

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Because free

Feet to back: 4.

TD + 2 exposure via a gut or lace: 4.

Secure a TD and get 45s of exposure? Yeah, that's 2pts, dawg.

Edited by Le duke
  • Haha 1
  • Ionel 1

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Feet to back: 4.

TD + 2 exposure via a gut or lace: 4.

Secure a TD and get 45s of exposure? Yeah, that's 2pts, dawg.

If you expose first before the TD (not feet to back), then spin behind you don't get the extra 2 for a TD.  

Just now, Dogbone said:

If you expose first before the TD (not feet to back), then spin behind you don't get the extra 2 for a TD.  

yeah; I think we all understand the scoring. the point is that this is a perfect example of where the current freestyle scoring system doesn't accurately reflect the dominance of the match

9 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I was out of the room; how did BB take McKenna to his back, and only get 2? 

A long, long time ago, a bunch of fat, old, bald, dumb ex-wrestlers came together to make the rules of wrestling. From their alcoholic perspectives, all of the rules make sense and are reasonable. They often wonder why the sport doesn't grow in popularity much like how they wonder why their hair doesn't grow but their disgusting, fat guts do.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

All semi medalist feeder matches are wrestled first thing tonight i.e. Yianni/Mendez and Hidlay/Marstellar

Edited by bnwtwg
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

All semi medalist feeder mathes are wrestled first thing tonight i.e. Yianni/Mendez and Hidlay/Marstellar

So am I correct in understand that all championship matches are done until 6:30pm ET tonight?

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

All semi medalist feeder mathes are wrestled first thing tonight i.e. Yianni/Mendez and Hidlay/Marstellar

That makes those unbalanced brackets even worse. I have no problem with the bye to the semis but it would tough even with plenty of rest. Whoever wins the Yianni / Mendez match is going to have a tough time with a fully rested Retherford 8 hours off the scale.

• Bob 2

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

So am I correct in understand that all championship matches are done until 6:30pm ET tonight?

Correct. Onto the backside for all three styles.

• Bob 2

i am an idiot on the internet

5 minutes ago, Red95 said:

That makes those unbalanced brackets even worse. I have no problem with the bye to the semis but it would tough even with plenty of rest. Whoever wins the Yianni / Mendez match is going to have a tough time with a fully rested Retherford 8 hours off the scale.

THIS!     Makes no sense

• Bob 1

11 minutes ago, Red95 said:

Yeah, this is a 2008 three 2-minute periods “pick the ball in the bag” for the overtime leg clinch level of dumb idea.

• Bob 1

14 minutes ago, Red95 said:

I’m okay with it. Winning a world medal should result in a big advantage. 

40 minutes ago, oldschool said:

BB mckenna match is a perfect example of where folkstyle gets something right. The dominance points of holding a guy on his back for nearfall and the fact that mckenna was very nearly pinned make that match result leave a sour taste in my mouth.

How is it different from folkstyle?  Had Rob Rohn held Josh Lambrecht on his back until the end of the period in that famous NCAA final, he still would have only received 5 pts (2TD + 3NF) and lost.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1