Are we assuming Forrest and Bassett go to PSU?

4 hours ago, lisa morales said:

Wouldn't it be incredible if it turns out these two are actually intelligent and choose a decent major.  Engineering or Physics instead of Liesure Studies.

ftfy

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Be less than you can be and in the end quit?

I was leaning more towards one of the most dominant wrestlers ever and have a very good shot at making it to the Olympics as well as being a great ambassador for the sport despite having adults criticize him since he was a child. Simply a matter of perspective though.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

14 hours ago, lisa morales said:

Wouldn't it be incredible if it turns out these two are actually intelligent and choose a decent school for academics.  Lehigh, or Ivy League, instead of any state U.

If they were intelligent they would choose whatever school sets them up the best for whatever career path they choose in life....not the school lisa morales thinks they should go to. 

15 hours ago, lisa morales said:

Wouldn't it be incredible if it turns out these two are actually intelligent and choose a decent school for academics.  Lehigh, or Ivy League, instead of any state U.

19 hours ago, lisa morales said:

How is a high school sophomore already brainwashed with this religious nonsense?

Has there ever been a more blatant troll account?  At least try to be creative.  

• Bob 2

20 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Willie on HR said that Basset is probably not an Iowa get. Really sucks if true

Did how Spencer's career finished, end up hurting Iowa's image? 

They finished 5th this year, in large part due to the unforeseen and unique to them gambling suspensions, were runner up last year and Champs the year before.  Spencer had a great career just not what he wanted. 

My point is looking at the results they are a a top team and Basset style/aggressiveness has that Iowa Style look to it.   I guess I am just surprised he isn't considering them.  If Spencer went 6/1/1/1 and Iowa won it his last year, does Bo think differently of Iowa?

Bassett already released his list of schools. Unfortunately no theological schools were listed. I'm sure Aaron Brooks is praying for his heathen ass.

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

16 hours ago, BFosr1 said:

If anyone were able to lure these two together sold on a package deal (besides Penn State) then a sales pitch centering on these two being legends as the catalyst to ending Penn State’s reign, instead of doing a Kevin Garnett when he signed with the Warriors.

And there’s a lot of truth in that sales pitch, no matter which school they choose. There is a 50-60 point start between these the r linyear they step on campus and both will be multi national champs.

Say a school like Ohio State shocks the world again and signs this other monster class and lands both Bassett and Forrest. You add those two to Feldman and Rocco who would then be seniors, and after landing Davino they have a high chance of landing Marcus Blaze the year between Davino and these two super soph’s….. right there you have a Penn State ish 5 stars in your lineup. It’s a cool sales pitch to come and do something new and ending arguably the bidder dynasty now in the history of college wrestling.

I mean yea that’s a lot of ifs…but Bassett and Forrest HAVE TO discuss this type of stuff in the amount of time they spend together. And while we are greedy don’t stop there… make sure to finish things off it’s a Bishop McCort trifecta with freshman star Melvin Miller comes along too, whose nationally ranked already himself by Flo as just a freshman at a middle weight.

This is a good point.   Plus it seems like Mason Gibson could struggle getting into PSU’s lineup, and maybe there are some other guys on McCort’s team that aren’t Penn State good but might still be AA contenders (I really don’t know much about the other guys, just speculating).  

Still, while getting ~50 points from 2 guys will certainly give them a huge leg up for 2nd, they’re probably still going to need about 100 more in order to dethrone Penn State.

23 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

These two have the capability to elevate a school to the level that they could actually contend with Cael as a team in the next ten years. I doubt it happens, but if both were to end up at Oklahoma state, for example, they could actually push the likes of PJ Duke, Lilledahl, Sealey, Ryder, the Mirasola’s etc from a tournament perspective. Would be fun and good, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping duke decides to wrestle at u20's NHSCA's was not the toughest at his weight but it looked like he was drilling against the kids he was wrestling and the variety of attacks he has is absolutely insane. I think he could throw his name in with these seemingly generational type kids.

22 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I just posted about Dorian olivarez in the mma thread he won NHSCA juniors and earned the 1 spot in the country on matscouts. Hes also qualified for ADCC's essentially the olympics for BJJ so I would not be surprised to see him opt and skip his senior year of HS and not do college and go into mma training if those are his aspirations. The resources kids have now are just unreal.

That's pretty wild. I'm glad these kids have these opportunities and resources. For wrestling specifically, I am wondering if there are kids who might want to reclassify and start their college careers ASAP while NIL is still in its Wild West phase, and before the schools/states, the NCAA, or congress puts further regulations on deals.

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

That's pretty wild. I'm glad these kids have these opportunities and resources. For wrestling specifically, I am wondering if there are kids who might want to reclassify and start their college careers ASAP while NIL is still in its Wild West phase, and before the schools/states, the NCAA, or congress puts further regulations on deals.

I think even high schoolers have NIL deals so I could see kids potentially forgoing college in the future if it gets relegated heavily and going straight into training at RTC's or going the mma route which would be terrible. Fortunately, I don't think there is enough money in the sport for that to seem like a lucrative path but who knows.

20 hours ago, lisa morales said:

yea because all state schools are trash academically 🙄

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Cowboy08 said:

yea because all state schools are trash academically 🙄

always amusing to see trolling/high brow posts about academic superiority on a wrestling board!   

• Fire 1

Listened to Jax  statement after LCQ.  He said:  "I'm excited about wrestling in the Bryce at 17",  Perhaps he was thinkin his debut would be in a couple years. 

I like the cut of your jib.

• Stalling 1

5 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I think even high schoolers have NIL deals so I could see kids potentially forgoing college in the future if it gets relegated heavily and going straight into training at RTC's or going the mma route which would be terrible. Fortunately, I don't think there is enough money in the sport for that to seem like a lucrative path but who knows.

I don’t think it will be.  I believe Bassett has a legitimate NIL deal with Rudis, but it seems like the real money comes with being affiliated with a school (which of course is the opposite of what NIL is supposed to be…)

On 4/8/2024 at 11:09 AM, poorwrestler said:

These two have the capability to elevate a school to the level that they could actually contend with Cael as a team in the next ten years. I doubt it happens, but if both were to end up at Oklahoma state, for example, they could actually push the likes of PJ Duke, Lilledahl, Sealey, Ryder, the Mirasola’s etc from a tournament perspective. Would be fun and good, imo.

There are two sides to me on this one. One of me just wants to see PSU with like...3 guys per weight who could win a NC just to see PSU be the first team to one-up Minnesota with 10 in the Finals(no more than 8 champs though). 

And then there's the other side of me that thinks this is already ridiculous and it'd be much cooler if these kids would just Wrestle for another team like Ohio State who could actually push them or Iowa, ISU...I don't care. Okie State? 

But yeah, they'll probably be at PSU because...why wouldn't they.

23 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

There are two sides to me on this one. One of me just wants to see PSU with like...3 guys per weight who could win a NC just to see PSU be the first team to one-up Minnesota with 10 in the Finals(no more than 8 champs though). 

Could we please just see 10 champs and get it over with please!  🙄

On 4/8/2024 at 5:44 PM, lisa morales said:

So...the antithesis of you?

16 minutes ago, ionel said:

Could we please just see 10 champs and get it over with please!  🙄

They're just building...

I would pay to see a College version of the Dapper Dan, but just PSU. PSU vs the rest of the Country.

It's ridiculous that you could do that and not only would it be closer, I don't think anyone would be shocked if PSU won.

And then there's the other side of me that thinks this is already ridiculous and it'd be much cooler if these kids would just Wrestle for another team like Ohio State who could actually push them or Iowa, ISU...I don't care. Okie State? 

But yeah, they'll probably be at PSU because...why wouldn't they.

It’s past ridiculous to me. I’m ready for real team competition. That’s when the NCAA tournament and the season as a whole is most fun to watch. Doesn’t even have to be my team as the ones contending, though that helps haha

• Bob 1

14 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

It’s past ridiculous to me. I’m ready for real team competition. That’s when the NCAA tournament and the season as a whole is most fun to watch. Doesn’t even have to be my team as the ones contending, though that helps haha

Yeah...but I genuinely think it's actually getting worse. Penn State's "holes," in their lineup last year were the 125 who was a Freshmen, who was the #1 seed, their 133 who took a 5th last year and...184, the 3X AA who took a 5th this year?

I think they have more PREP talent coming in this year and the next two than any 3 year period since Cael has been there(or maybe more accomplished prep talent). That talent does not always translate to the next level, but it's pretty insane. Obviously doesn't mean that these guys will be a the trios they've had, DT, Ruth, Q or Zain, Nolf, Nickal, or Starocci, Brooks and RBY.

I can't see anyone pushing them but Ohio State in the near future. But with these kids teching former National Champs, who knows. 

1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

Yeah...but I genuinely think it's actually getting worse. Penn State's "holes," in their lineup last year were the 125 who was a Freshmen, who was the #1 seed, their 133 who took a 5th last year and...184, the 3X AA who took a 5th this year?

I think they have more PREP talent coming in this year and the next two than any 3 year period since Cael has been there(or maybe more accomplished prep talent). That talent does not always translate to the next level, but it's pretty insane. Obviously doesn't mean that these guys will be a the trios they've had, DT, Ruth, Q or Zain, Nolf, Nickal, or Starocci, Brooks and RBY.

I can't see anyone pushing them but Ohio State in the near future. But with these kids teching former National Champs, who knows. 

very impressive - but a freestyle tech (10) is not quite the same as folkstyle and it seemed to be there was a little luck involved in these particular matches   

On 4/8/2024 at 5:44 PM, lisa morales said:

I know so little about them but my gut feel has been cornell for some reason. 

Edited by FanOfPurdueWrestling