DT better be ready...

58 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Does he name drop our lord and savior? I feel like i havent heard him play that card.

I think because AB does it 4-5 times per sentence that it makes it seem like everyone else doesn't, ever - at all.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I think because AB does it 4-5 times per sentence that it makes it seem like everyone else doesn't, ever - at all.

i only back the guys who take on muhammad directly.

• Bob 1
  • Pirate 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

13 hours ago, JuanMogen said:

Brooks in two. Won’t even be close. Amen. 

The guy who has dominated everyone on the entire planet 79.1-86 KG for the last 5+ years is going to suddenly be dominated?

You going to bet the house on that one?

Edited by nhs67

On 3/28/2024 at 9:29 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

taylor, who has made a circuitous but interesting argument that he is the best wrestler ever,

Penn State Homeboy, anyone?

Try John Smith in the USA.

Or a half dozen Russians

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

45 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

You're dumb enough to think I'm a PSU homeboy....

Aye that is a big oof on their part.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

The guy who has dominated everyone on the entire planet 79.1-86 KG for the last 5+ years is going to suddenly be dominated?

You going to bet the house on that one?

Taylor has beaten everyone on this planet, but what about those beings in the heavens above? Brooks by tech x 2. 

54 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

David Taylor is such a bully that one time he wrestled the Easter Bunny and stole all his eggs

I seent it!  I seent it with my own eyes!

I think if David wins this olympics he's the goat simply because if David Taylor never existed Hassan Yazdani would almost certainly be the goat, and DT is 5-1 against him. you can definitely argue given how long it took him to make the team that dings him but I don't think anyone has had a better 5-6 year stretch than David from 2018 to present day.

I almost posted this and then remembered satiev, I am willing to go with a tie for first.

Edited by Truzzcat

How could Brooks beat Taylor? He isn't gonna bully him with an underhook, he's not a better hand fighter, they both take outside steps sometimes but Brooks doesn't have any leg attack as nasty as taylors knee pull cross  pick thing...he's not as good in par terre....

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

25 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I think if David wins this olympics he's the goat simply because if David Taylor never existed Hassan Yazdani would almost certainly be the goat, and DT is 5-1 against him. you can definitely argue given how long it took him to make the team that dings him but I don't think anyone has had a better 5-6 year stretch than David from 2018 to present day.

I almost posted this and then remembered satiev, I am willing to go with a tie for first.

How can he be the best when he couldn't beat a seven time champ?

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

How can he be the best when he couldn't beat a seven time champ?

I feel confident in saying DT was not in his prime when he was wrestling JB and he also was far too big for 163.4. Yazdani has lost 8 times in his career 5 of those are to David and those are his only 5 losses since 2016. It's a pretty fair argument to say Yazdani would be a 7 time world champ and 2 time olympic champ if DT was not walking this earth.

6 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I feel confident in saying DT was not in his prime when he was wrestling JB and he also was far too big for 163.4. Yazdani has lost 8 times in his career 5 of those are to David and those are his only 5 losses since 2016. It's a pretty fair argument to say Yazdani would be a 7 time world champ and 2 time olympic champ if DT was not walking this earth.

Ok by your 2016 math it's pretty fair to say that Taylor is behind Dake and Cox since he lost to them both when he was in his athletic prime after Burroughs ran Dake and Taylor out of 74.

23 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Ok by your 2016 math it's pretty fair to say that Taylor is behind Dake and Cox since he lost to them both when he was in his athletic prime after Burroughs ran Dake and Taylor out of 74.

perhaps I'm looking at his career in too short of a time frame but I truly think what he's done from 2018 to now has been relatively unparalleled in both dominance and consistency. 

40 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

perhaps I'm looking at his career in too short of a time frame but I truly think what he's done from 2018 to now has been relatively unparalleled in both dominance and consistency. 

You can't be the Greatest Of All Time if you're only the best of a short time period

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

So 2 Olympic gold and 4 World gold since 2018? 

Edited by ionel

1 minute ago, ionel said:

So 2 Olympic gold and 4 World gold since 2018? 

yessir assuming he makes the team this year given how hes wrestle Yazdani the last 2 times I think making the team will be harder than winning worlds to him unless another Tazudinhov like guy comes out of nowhere.

2 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

People actually believe Taylor saying he was too big for 74kg? 

• Bob 1

12 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

People actually believe Taylor saying he was too big for 74kg? 

The gymnastics involved with "I was too big for 74" combined with "I had to grow into 86" certainly is something...