Bono NEEDS to go

2 hours ago, Tbadg said:

Is there anything we can do as fans to possibly speed the process up to get bono fired before there is no program at all?

What? Give him a chance to fulfill his commitment. You instant gratification youngsters need to be “schooled “ in patients!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Southend said:

And I think all this can be said, about all the programs coaches not in the top 5 nationally. Why single out Bono? He’s respectable. 

The lack of development is an issue, but a massive issue is that Bono hasn't been able to keep any of the top level WI recruits in the state. They are all leaving and going to many other programs, and not just 1 program.

1 hour ago, Southend said:

What? Give him a chance to fulfill his commitment. You instant gratification youngsters need to be “schooled “ in patients!

It has been 5 years and the program is worse than where he started. Also he has let numerous high level in state wrestlers leave and go somewhere else. Whether you blame Askren for them leaving or Bono it ultimately is Bono's problem because he needs them and they don't need him. The program also has 1 returning qualifier and I would bet my life's savings that he is not an All American level guy. It isn't about instant gratification. It is about the program being worse than when he started and his lack of recruiting ability.

7 hours ago, CalWrestler said:

That might be his only move left.  The well has run dry for Bono and three former AAs, Wick, Gomez and apparently Hamiti now have left Wisconsin early.   He might as well sign his Italian brethren to try to resurrect his program and hope they don't get themselves in trouble.  What does Bono have to lose at this point?  UW only returns one national qualifier and he wasn't even close to AAing.  He's going to fired if he does nothing.

They have Braxton Amos coming off redshirt

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

They have Braxton Amos coming off redshirt

Braxton has never AA'd and if he goes to heavyweight as rumored, I think he'll have a tougher go than at 197.  Also, Braxton might be a fifth year guy and there is talk he might also transfer.  Without a massive haul of quality transfers, UW will be lucky to score 5 points at NCAAs next year as Zargo is only returning qualifier and he contributed just 1.5 points.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CalWrestler said:

Braxton has never AA'd and if he goes to heavyweight as rumored, I think he'll have a tougher go than at 197.  Also, Braxton might be a fifth year guy and there is talk he might also transfer.  Without a massive haul of quality transfers, UW will be lucky to score 5 points at NCAAs next year as Zargo is only returning qualifier and he contributed just 1.5 points.

Interestingly enough, it seems that the vast majority of wrestlers who make the jump from 197 to heavyweight seem to have more success, not less. Wonder why that is. 

17 hours ago, Southend said:

And I think all this can be said, about all the programs coaches not in the top 5 nationally. Why single out Bono? He’s respectable. 

Answer: He's a turdbiscuit.

10 hours ago, Southend said:

Patients is a plural noun meaning individuals receiving medical attention. Patience is a noun meaning the ability to be patient.

I could see how it could be used either way, I just don't think you intended it in the form you said it in.

• Haha 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Answer: He's a turdbiscuit.

Why would Wisconsin hire a turd? To say “a turdbiscuit needs a job also?” Fair hiring practice. University there is fairly liberal to say the least. 

6 hours ago, CalWrestler said:

This was only his 3rd year in college , he has 2 left and I was told by the most reliable source you can have on the situation that Amos isn’t transferring. Now could that change if reader leaves I suppose but doubtful unless it happens soon

i also wouldn’t beat against Amos AAing he was dealing with inj his 1st two seasons and still had wins over a few AAs like Cardenas 

all that being said Bono sucks and Wisconsin should replace him 

• Bob 1

29 minutes ago, Southend said:

Why would Wisconsin hire a turd? To say “a turdbiscuit needs a job also?” Fair hiring practice. University there is fairly liberal to say the least. 

Bono is a turdbiscuit.

Facts are facts and has precisely nothing to do with politics, so you can shake your tail-feather elsewhere if you want to get political.  This is the wrestling portion of the forum.

18 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This was only his 3rd year in college , he has 2 left and I was told by the most reliable source you can have on the situation that Amos isn’t transferring. Now could that change if reader leaves I suppose but doubtful unless it happens soon

i also wouldn’t beat against Amos AAing he was dealing with inj his 1st two seasons and still had wins over a few AAs like Cardenas 

all that being said Bono sucks and Wisconsin should replace him 

Do you think he would follow Reader to CMU, head to West Virginia, or go elsewhere entirely?

Also, I believe this season is an Olympic shirt for him, so it doesn't count as a proper redshirt.  He could potentially still use that, right?

The best place for Braxton Amos would be a D1 school with a fellow Greco world team member around his weight and an outstanding Greco RTC. Can anyone think of one? I'll pop the Champaign if you find it.

• Bob 1

i am an idiot on the internet

12 hours ago, Southend said:

What? Give him a chance to fulfill his commitment. You instant gratification youngsters need to be “doctored“ in patients!

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Patients is a plural noun meaning individuals receiving medical attention.

fifh    🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Southend said:

What do you mean bye patients? The guy has had the job six full seasons now and every offseason he loses our best wrestler? How can you as a fan sit there and keep defending a coach like this. He doesn’t show and progress with our program he’s literally Barry Davis 2.0

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tbadg said:

What do you mean bye patients? The guy has had the job six full seasons now and every offseason he loses our best wrestler? How can you as a fan sit there and keep defending a coach like this. He doesn’t show and progress with our program he’s literally Barry Davis 2.0

This is the most relevant post up to now about Bono. Except for Barry. Nobody dises  my buddy Barry. 

9 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Bono is a turdbiscuit.

Facts are facts and has precisely nothing to do with politics, so you can shake your tail-feather elsewhere if you want to get political.  This is the wrestling portion of the forum.

Give me turdbiscuit facts. 

9 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

The best place for Braxton Amos would be a D1 school with a fellow Greco world team member around his weight and an outstanding Greco RTC. Can anyone think of one? I'll pop the Champaign if you find it.

NMU

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

New Mexico has wrestling?! That's awesome glad we added another program to the sport!

Northern Michigan, our MGR Mecca.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 1