Hamiti to the portal.

36 minutes ago, MidwestMan said:

Gus, I think you've got something there and Okie State has some $$$$$ they can probably locate.  He would fit in, but would have to learn how to interpret Oklahoma dialect.  They talk funny down there, kinda like they talk in southern Missouri.

winters a little shorter and warmer - so maybe language barriers not too bad on a net basis!

46 minutes ago, Gus said:

OK State would make sense. 

From how John does things, Hamiti probably doesn't want to cut to 149 😀

• Bob 1
  • Haha 4
  • Potato 1
  • Ban Basketball 1

2 minutes ago, Elevator said:

winters a little shorter and warmer - so maybe language barriers not too bad on a net basis!

True that.  We head to Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas in the winter to escape frigid temps and ride our bikes.  Wisconsin is one of our summer destinations.  Hell, there is a big difference just between north and south Missouri.  He'd love the milder winters.  They get ice storms down there and tornadoes so it's not perfect.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Disappointed_Badger_Fan said:

I don't think that would happen because AWA would still be around. Ben coaches at 1 location I believe and they have numerous locations across southeastern WI

Plot twist: Ben stays at AWA and Max coaches at Wisconsin 😄

6 minutes ago, Disappointed_Badger_Fan said:

That would also be great. I was just suggesting Ben because that hire would get more attention, but Max would also be great

You hire Max and have Ben cut the ribbon for him, kiss some nuns, punch some babies, etc.

All will be well.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Holy cow, 2 days after NCAAs and he's already in the portal and as a "Do Not Contact"? Did he already make up his decision before the tourny/is this related to Bono potentially being on the out/or does this smell a little like tampering? 

Well after Burwikk we know Wisconsin guys won’t be missing that portal deadline anymore

In my delusional world, Hamiti goes to Rutgers and ends the plague that is their lack of a decent 165lber.  The reality seems to be Michigan.  But I'm left with 2 thoughts through all of this...

1. If Amos is leaving like some speculate, is he really a hot commodity?  I feel like his folk style career has not lived up to any expectations it had when he was leaving high school.

2. Does the recruitment of this many 1 year agents to Michigan deter top recruits from coming in?  The way I see it, you could be a highly coming in, redshirt and then when you're ready to go, your job is taken by some 6th year, multi-time AA.  Seems hard to sign up for, even with a loaded RTC and other perks.

4 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

2. Does the recruitment of this many 1 year agents to Michigan deter top recruits from coming in?  The way I see it, you could be a highly coming in, redshirt and then when you're ready to go, your job is taken by some 6th year, multi-time AA.  Seems hard to sign up for, even with a loaded RTC and other perks.

Seems to be working OK for Penn State

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

It will be Michigan, book it.

1. Open spot at 174

2. Close to Wisconsin

3. Deep NIL pockets

4. Precedent of taking on a lot of tranfers (Deaugustino, Cannon, Gomez, Griffith, Davison)

Mesenbrink is still a growing boy and will be moving up to 174 next year. That makes 165 open for Hamiti....

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Holy cow, 2 days after NCAAs and he's already in the portal and as a "Do Not Contact"? Did he already make up his decision before the tourny/is this related to Bono potentially being on the out/or does this smell a little like tampering? 

Or he doesn't want his phone blowing up with every DI coach.

He very well could have made the decision to transfer before the NCAA tournament, but that doesn't mean he's been talking to coaches at other schools. 

If you look at it from academics, I know how stupid is that, maybe hamiti is looking to lock up admission to great grad school and get the first year paid for. Griffith went from Stamford to Michigan. I have to believe some of that might have been academic.  

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, NM1965 said:

Mesenbrink is still a growing boy and will be moving up to 174 next year. That makes 165 open for Hamiti....

Will he though? Ben Askren was just on FRL saying he hopes Levi Haines and Mesenbrink swap spots because Mesenbrink is better suited for 157 lbs. I'd be very surprised if he goes 174. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, NM1965 said:

Is this true or even truthy?  Maybe he is going Dake and will wrestle 174, 184, and 197 in final year? 

3 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Is this true or even truthy?  Maybe he is going Dake and will wrestle 174, 184, and 197 in final year? 

Based on Askren's comments on FRL (and he's very close with Mesenbrink obviously), absolutely not true. 

• Bob 1