2024-2025 Lineups

VAtoSC

Teemer deserves a medical for last year as much as anyone does.

Also hoping Loew for Cornell gets one as well.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

What is Iowa State up to for next year?  Echemendia said he was going up and he didn't know how many weight classes.  They have a serious logjam in the 149/157 area, then.

125 - Terukina

133 - Frost

141 - Frost

149 - Swiderski/Johnson/Echemendia

157 - Chittum

165 -

174 - Gaitan

184 - Broderson

197 -

285 - Bastida

Does Chittum go up?  Does Johnson go 165?  Echemendia 157?  Chittum redshirt?  Swiderski redshirt?  Swiderski to 165?  I would have to think they are in the running for a transfer (or two) as well in the 165-197 range.

29 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Guessing he will get a medical shirt for last year. 7th year in college lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if he does come back, have somebody tell him that the championship bout for 157 has started. He may not have gotten the message yet. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It’s crazy that Teemer and Schultz can both come back for another year , guys literally wrestle forever at ASU 

At least Tanner Hall's grandchildren got to see him wrestle in college. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, feet2back said:

RUTGERS

Just a guess..I think we'll see a Transfer or 2 soon

125- Peterson/ NQ

133- Shawver/ AA

141- Olivieri/ NQ

149- Cetta...2 wins @ NCAA

157- Harer (True frosh)  or Desantis/transfer

165- White/ NQ or transfer

174- Turley/ AA

184- Soldano/ NQ

197- Poznaski/  AA

285- Slavikowski./ AA

Absolutely the most generous Rutgers predictions I think I will see for next season, even as we are in the thick of it.  I imagine that Andrew Clark will come back from injury & possibly take over that 57/65 spot.  The other spot could possibly be filled with a transfer.  I would just love a viable 65lber. for once...

15 hours ago, SunDevil said:

197. Cardenas

why is everyone assuming Cardenas is going to ASU? has there been any talk of this or just wishful thinking? I haven't heard anything but then again I'm not in the loop. As an ASU fan I'd love it. 

15 hours ago, SunDevil said:

I’d like to see

125. Figs

133. Yas

141. Vasquez

149. Parco

157. Larkin

165. Teemer

174. Ruiz

184. Valencia

197. Cardenas

Hwt. Schultz

woukdnt be upset to see Valencia lose his spot to a transfer either. 

are Parco and Teemer confirmed returning?

1 hour ago, Tripnsweep said:

At least Tanner Hall's grandchildren got to see him wrestle in college. 

one of my all time best message board posts was a few years ago, "Tanner Hall trains cardio by playing with his grandkids." 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

OSU   
125- Spratley
133- Fix
141- Smith
149- Williams
157- Gomez
165- Hamiti
174- Starocci 
184- Plott
197- Brooks 
HWT- Carroll

Where’s Daton?

14 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

why is everyone assuming Cardenas is going to ASU? has there been any talk of this or just wishful thinking? I haven't heard anything but then again I'm not in the loop. As an ASU fan I'd love it. 

The rumblings of him to ASU have been out there since he entered the portal earlier this year (Foca and Fernandes also did at the same time, I believe?).

I think ASU is likely still the favorite, but they aren't the ones with the more lucrative options.

2 hours ago, BloodRound said:

Absolutely the most generous Rutgers predictions I think I will see for next season, even as we are in the thick of it.  I imagine that Andrew Clark will come back from injury & possibly take over that 57/65 spot.  The other spot could possibly be filled with a transfer.  I would just love a viable 65lber. for once...

There not Predictions...All those guys were NQ-NCAA Tournament or AA-All Americans during their career...Posted possible line up 

Edited by feet2back
  • Fire 2

32 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The rumblings of him to ASU have been out there since he entered the portal earlier this year (Foca and Fernandes also did at the same time, I believe?).

I think ASU is likely still the favorite, but they aren't the ones with the more lucrative options.

Neither Foca nor Fernandes ever entered the portal, nor did they ever have any intention to do so.  People can hope and wish for these guys to wrestle next year somewhere other than Cornell, but it isn't going to happen.

Cardenas has a degree from the Architecture, Art, & Planning college, and is interested in urban planning.  ASU has a masters degree therein, so that might be an option.

(BTW, in his post-third place interview, Shapiro said that going to Cornell was the best decision he's ever made.  There's a reason transfers out of Cornell are very rare)

39 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Neither Foca nor Fernandes ever entered the portal, nor did they ever have any intention to do so.  People can hope and wish for these guys to wrestle next year somewhere other than Cornell, but it isn't going to happen.

Cardenas has a degree from the Architecture, Art, & Planning college, and is interested in urban planning.  ASU has a masters degree therein, so that might be an option.

(BTW, in his post-third place interview, Shapiro said that going to Cornell was the best decision he's ever made.  There's a reason transfers out of Cornell are very rare)

We'll see. 😀

5 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Where’s Daton?

4 hours ago, ionel said:

but surprised no one seemed to notice who slipped into the lineup. 

2 hours ago, ionel said:

but surprised no one seemed to notice who slipped into the lineup. 

I actually meant to make my post on the other OK State projection.  It goes without saying that Daton is a FIXture in the Cowboys' lineup.

22 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

I actually meant to make my post on the other OK State projection.  It goes without saying that Daton is a FIXture in the Cowboys' lineup.

still not it

On 3/25/2024 at 11:35 AM, poorwrestler said:

Yeah you’re probably right and I’m getting overzealous in pushing my agenda in hopes to somehow keep him for another year at 174 lol

No question Salazar would be better at 174 if he can maintain his energy levels.  He's built like a brick sh*thouse, but he's also a solid head shorter than a lot of the guys he wrestles.  It's only so useful to be yoked if you don't have the limb length to apply it at the angles you need to win positions.  But Salazar is also gigantic.  The 174/184 divide is one that very few wrestlers cross back and forth between, two distinctly different sizes of human being occupy those weightclasses, the gap is almost as big as the difference between 184 and 197.  Just immense differences in horsepower (on average).  

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

Michigan, mind you this is without any 'new' transfers in.

125 - Cannon
133 - Ragusin
141 - Lemley
149 - Gilcher
157 - Mantanona/Mattin
165 - Mantanona
174 - Amine/Walker
184 - Bullock/Rogers
197 - Waters/Rogers
285 - Jenkins

Wish list:
- Gilcher (Indiana), 157
- Hamiti (Wisconsin), 165/174
- Cardenas (Cornell), 197
- Pindrickson (Air Force), 285

I think 125 ends up not being Cannon (or Ragusin) and Ragusin ends up using a redshirt or him/Cannon got 133/141 and Lemley uses a redshirt.  One of them at 125lbs is wishful thinking.  It'll be Horvath or Wertanen by committee.