Session 6 - Championship Finals Saturday March 23 2024

1 minute ago, forkemaz said:

Explain to me where I slighted you and then I can educate you on the history of your religion. I beleive in God. I love the story and message of Jesus. You being close minded means nothing to me. Most Christians today arnt really christian and I have no problem saying so. If you do you should take a look around. 

i quoted you once already. read it

100 point margin of victory is insane! Congrats to Penn State and it was cool watching a historic event. Now let’s hope for some more parity next year. I’d love to see a close team race with someone different winning next year!

• Fire 1

48 minutes ago, peanut said:

I love JB, but he's likely too old at this point. Wrestling is a young athlete's game, and JB's 35.

First time he's had to go through the challenge tournament in a long time.  I doubt he makes it to the semi-finals.

• Clown 1

3 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i quoted you once already. read it

You are not worth my time as you are not saying anything. Oh most christians understand the connection to Judaism? That's totally BS. I'm out on this. I was attempting to defend Brooks and am being wraked over to coals for being honest about the state of most modern Christians. I do not care. As you know. It's not my judgement you need to worry about.

3 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

First time he's had to go through the challenge tournament in a long time.  I doubt he makes it to the semi-finals.

Doesn’t he have a bye to the semi finals?

Edited by Eagle26

1 hour ago, SocraTease said:

Well, I wasn't thinking that, but now that you mention it ... there would be no riding time in freestyle and they would have been on their feet the whole match, which frankly would have favored Mesenbrink over time.

But of course you have to win within the rule set and Carr did that.   Mesenbrink should have known about RT but it was probably the first time it came into play against him all season.

All that I'm saying is that I think I would favor M. in a rematch at folkstyle (which won't happen because Carr graduates) and at freestyle

Carr scored the TDs on his feet until getting tired late.  He didn't really go out of bounds much.  He just circled and didn't engage.  In FS he would have been put on the shot clock first and probably scored on it.  Without RT, escapes, or stall points, I like his chances.

• Brain 1

1 minute ago, NM1965 said:

There are few things more pathetic than guys professing their belief that a deity granted them victory. Super pathetic, primitive, and DUMB. 

Agreed.  

Among the few things more pathetic is a guy on a forum insulting guys for professing their primitive belief.  

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

Agreed.  

Among the few things more pathetic is a guy on a forum insulting guys for professing their primitive belief.  

Even dumber is to sit around passively listening to morons and not mocking them for their dumb beliefs. They should offer their thanks to the sun, at least we can see the sun exists. 

3 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

There are few things more pathetic than guys professing their belief that a deity granted them victory. Super pathetic, primitive, and DUMB. 

Few things more pathetic than attacking someone for their religious beliefs anonymously on the internet 

• Bob 1

49 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

the finals would be so much better if all these people on this board didn't whine about what the wrestlers talk about.

sounds dumb doesn't it.

stop.

Everyone complains about it. I forced a few people to watch it with me, people that are catholic like me, and they immediately were like wtf is with all the religious bs talk? Weird interviews. Is this a cult? Etc. IT IS WEIRD AND DOES NOT DRIVE VIEWERSHIP 

Edited by pokemonster
  • Brain 1

After tonight, should the "Blood Round" moniker be assigned to the Finals?

I’m surprised “blood round” hasn’t taken the path of “sudden death” and become something more benign like “everyone is special.”

1 hour ago, pokemonster said:

Is this a joke by Bo Nickal or is he just stupid? 

image.thumb.png.5b0cd0d83dd5eb5eccc394e7c69c9661.png

I am as big of a PSU fan as there is but Bo Nickal really is just stupid. I’m gonna assume this is real but even it isn’t Nickal is still a moron, but this is something he would say. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

I am as big of a PSU fan as there is but Bo Nickal really is just stupid. I’m gonna assume this is real but even it isn’t Nickal is still a moron, but this is something he would say. 

It didn't stop there.  It got even better!  Personally post finals night wrestling social media and forums are our Xmas!!!

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

49 minutes ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

THIS is the right attitude when another team reaches a goal and breaks a record. It demonstrates a fan who is able to remove his homer glasses and recognize a great team and performance. I feel you on Kasak. The kid stepped up in a major way this year, filling in up a weight class for an injured SVN, wrestling an amazing season and then showing the heart to wrestle back for third after dropping his first match. Root for your wrestlers and your teams. 

Why would Hawk fans be rooting more for PSU not to break the (ancient) record than for their own team to perform well? Mr. PeanutButter, I salute you. 

Vak, can you give us some insight into your views on the importance of PSU NOT breaking the record? 

I didn't realize I was addressed here, since I wasn't tagged, but the answer to your questions are:

1.  I wasn't rooting more for Penn State to fail then my team to do better.  The two are not mutuall ly exclusive.

2. I think it's fairly obvious that most of my posts were in good fun (with a bit.of truth buried in there.)

3. But also, I wanted to avoid things like this:  https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/im-sorry-we-stole-your-binky.440225/

8 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

He's currently saying him and Carter would like to fight JB. 

image.thumb.png.71e64408c87dfda4d369634819c26f28.png