Transfer Portal

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

An interesting note to this is that LRA returns their starter at 149lbs from last year as well as another incoming transfer (from Northern Illinois) in Jaivon Jones.

All three likely thought they would have a starting spot this year, so there will be competition for this spot.

Jaivon is a senior and really came on towards the end of the season with some very tight matches against NQ/AA.  I imagine they try to make a spot for him, with him dropping to 141lbs, or perhaps having the Bianchi boys each go up in weight (165/174 rather than 157/165, which is already 2/3 weight classes above where they started out in LRA) and having either Jones or Williams go 157lbs.

I hope Jones can make 141.  That would make it easier.  Dutton hasn't really made the jump at the college level yet after being very impressive as a recruit.  Still hoping for him to get there.

weird observation about the Oklahoma roster and their student directory.  only four out of their projected starters are even listed in the student directory for this semester.  more change afoot or perhaps an administrative quirk of the way they are maximizing the eligibility of their wrestlers.  

• Bob 1

45 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I hope Jones can make 141.  That would make it easier.  Dutton hasn't really made the jump at the college level yet after being very impressive as a recruit.  Still hoping for him to get there.

Which forces Bailey to stay at 133 despite whispers of going up to 141. He was a huge 133. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

10 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

I think Swenson to 165 has been the plan since NCAA’s ended last year but I’m not 100% on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I heard as well, even still listed at 157. Here would be my projections

125-Tanner Jordan Super Sr

133-Derrick Cardinal Jr

141-Alek Martin Jr(couldn’t beat Carlson, better weight for him maybe) Another option is True Fr Logan Swenson if Martin is hurt

149-Cade Siebrecht So

157-Cobe Siebrecht Sr

165-Cael Swenson Jr

(IF Swenson is out they NEED to go get Patrick Kennedy)

174-Cade DeVos Super Sr

184-Bennett Berge So

197-Zach Glazier Super Sr(Quin Morgan redshirt, could be very good)

Hwt-Luke Rasmussen So

• Bob 1

15 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

OSU needs to go after Cannon now. This is stupid. He can AA at OSU and start for a year. I mean I just looked at the rankings and we should just pick him up

You would have to think he would have landed somewhere by now, which makes me wonder if there is still an injury concern. 

9 minutes ago, Idaho said:

You would have to think he would have landed somewhere by now, which makes me wonder if there is still an injury concern. 

I agree with you. He last went 1-2 at NCAAs in Tulsa (2023). Hasn’t AA’d since 2022. Didn’t wrestle a match in 2023-2024 season. Have to wonder if he’s the same guy he was over 2.5 years ago.

Edited by Winners Circle

Hasn’t he dealt with at least one season ending concussion? I could be misremembering, but if so, those don’t just go away. I’m inclined to believe there’s still injury concern.

18 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Hasn’t he dealt with at least one season ending concussion? I could be misremembering, but if so, those don’t just go away. I’m inclined to believe there’s still injury concern.

That sounds right. There could be a doctor release pending which is maybe why teams are holding off...just a guess. 

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

His season ended last year with a concussion. That is when they pulled Ragusin's redshirt. 

• Bob 1
  • Potato 1

@andegre, any thought on adding a column in the WrestleStat transfer portal titled "expected NIL Demands" which would be in dollar amounts.  And separately, showing the NIL details as they may be available on the site? I'd be happy to donate time or money to help make it happen.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

@andegre, any thought on adding a column in the WrestleStat transfer portal titled "expected NIL Demands" which would be in dollar amounts.  And separately, showing the NIL details as they may be available on the site? I'd be happy to donate time or money to help make it happen.

But where would the data come from?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But where would the data come from?

to further clarify - it wouldn't be a survey of wrestlers' specific expectation, but instead, would be algorithm driven like the ranking system of wrestlestat where based on certain factors, you could predict a likely range of expected compensation.  the volunteer scraping part comes into play for piecing together details of deals from past years

Edited by flyingcement

and by my count, jackrabbits have lost zero to the portal this year. having gained several - all from Iowa 🙃

... them pesky wabbits ...

• Haha 1
  • Potato 1

and by my count, jackrabbits have lost zero to the portal this year. having gained several - all from Iowa 🙃

More to come… stay tuned!

• Bob 1

So does anyone know if all these guys transferring that aren’t in the portal can wrestle at their new school in the first semester?  I saw Buchanan is on Iowa’s roster, but that doesn’t mean he’s actually eligible first semester

Northern Illinois got three incoming transfers from North Dakota State this summer.  197 Spencer Mooberry, 285 Devon Dawson, and 165 Landen Johnson.  

Poster on the NDSU board pointed out that Northern Illinois hired former Bison McGwire Midkiff this summer as an assistant coach.  

https://niuhuskies.com/news/2024/7/1/mcgwire-midkiff-joins-wrestling-coaching-staff.aspx

• Bob 1