2024 NCAA Championships - Session 3

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Are you in favor of allowing all MMA submission holds? There’s a huge difference between moves that cause pain and moves that cause injury. Arm bars, power halves, etc. are painful as are all good pinning combinations. I’m all for that. Most people don’t know the technique on the move Plott did but it is a move that is not really painful… just takes your knee to a position where it all of a sudden pops. I’d have to do a breakdown on the technique (which I’m not taking the time right now) but if you see it, I bet you’d agree it’s quite dangerous. 

Your posts regarding this are thoghtful.  looking forward to additional breakdown - it's hard to cut though the what-about-ism, biases and the chronic brain-worm damaged to examine the actual event in the middle of a tournament.   It's a difficult balance for the rules and refs to negotiate.  

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

This time I am getting out..... nope. 

On the coaches... Everyone knows OSU guys don't get out on bottom, let alone against a guy who's best position is top. Paid the price by getting locked in a cradle, then injured while trying to stop from going over. He's lucky he wasn't pinned. 

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

well to be fair, it could have been all mom's cash.... and home can be loosely defined if you live in Portland, Seattle or SF. Just trying to keep a fair perspective for the d shizzle fo shizzle 05 snoop dog poster with 37 posts. 

Nah. Those markets are far too expensive. I live in PA. So you're a sai wielding potato bandit? That's cute...

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

You must have me confused with someone else lol. I’m not a Penn State fan. I’ve been critical of them many times and yes, I was critical of it when RBY did it to Desanto. I’m just an unbiased wrestling fan so I will call it out whether I like the team of the injured guy or not

You had me in the first half, but the second half is IMPOSSIBLE. Nice try. 

• Haha 1

Since there is a long break right now...I believe this is where big 10 teams are visiting in a secret location with kids who are not yet in the portal in hopes of swaying them to come to their school. 

spacer.png

• Brain 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

Since there is a long break right now...I believe this is where big 10 teams are visiting in a secret location with kids who are not yet in the portal in hopes of swaying them to come to their school. 

spacer.png

Since when was Princess Diana a game show suitcase flipper?

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

spacer.png

2.3k posts have led up to this moment. Well done....

• Potato 1

25 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Anyone know why they didn't give Mendez any backs here? Is that the right call by the rules?

image.png.250e28b781c80cb600b1e9aca9b1a492.png

Just quoting you so everybody scrolling down through this thread sees this picture twice.

40 minutes ago, Idaho said:

spacer.png

I'm not familiar with this show, but I have to say that, although she is quite good looking, that price seems pretty steep.  

(with apologies to Groucho Marx)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Anyone know why they didn't give Mendez any backs here? Is that the right call by the rules?

image.png.250e28b781c80cb600b1e9aca9b1a492.png

I saw the ref counting . Did he forget to give the 4 points. He gave the 1 point for riding time. I think the Ohio State coaching staff may not be aware of ref not giving the 4 points. I think the coaching staff should look into it. It would give Mendez a major an award Ohio State 1 team point. Which believe or not could make a difference in team placement.

25 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Just quoting you so everybody scrolling down through this thread sees this picture twice.

I need an animated gif of that sequence. Hardy rolled his eyes when he got caught and had this hilarious look on his face, like "ah, fml". Totally slayed me.

6 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I saw the ref counting . Did he forget to give the 4 points. He gave the 1 point for riding time. I think the Ohio State coaching staff may not be aware of ref not giving the 4 points. I think the coaching staff should look into it. It would give Mendez a major an award Ohio State 1 team point. Which believe or not could make a difference in team placement.

Maybe Mendez didn't clear his body out from under Hardy's back & shoulders. Kind of like the Caldwell-Metcalf match where Brent was spladled but sort of resting atop Caldwell

3 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Maybe Mendez didn't clear his body out from under Hardy's back & shoulders. Kind of like the Caldwell-Metcalf match where Brent was spladled but sort of resting atop Caldwell

I replayed the match .You can see the ref counting swipes and the announcer talking about it

16 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

The ref gave one swipe

Why is Mendez so smug?  He just gets more unlikeable the more he opens his mouth.  He has a big win over Hardy to make the semi's and all he can say is that he hasn't hit a spladle since his first year wrestling.  Really?!  Who learns a spladle the first year they wrestle?  I'm calling BS and rooting for Echemendia.

18 minutes ago, Nittany said:

Why is Mendez so smug?  He just gets more unlikeable the more he opens his mouth.  He has a big win over Hardy to make the semi's and all he can say is that he hasn't hit a spladle since his first year wrestling.  Really?!  Who learns a spladle the first year they wrestle?  I'm calling BS and rooting for Echemendia.

Who doesn't learn a spladle right away?

46 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Accept Caldwell got the pin called, didn't he?

3 hours ago, D3UC157 said:
3 hours ago, Packard said:

How demoralizing is it to be a Penn State wrestler in the wrestle backs? Did Kasak even have a coach in the corner or did they all go back to the hotel?

Does Carl even know wrestle-backs exist?

Not that you numb nuts really care, but if you look at the instagram post of Kasak’s last wrestle-back, you will clearly see Cael sitting in his corner. 

• Brain 1

36 minutes ago, Richferg said:

Not that you numb nuts really care, but if you look at the instagram post of Kasak’s last wrestle-back, you will clearly see Cael sitting in his corner. 

“Oh brother.. this guy STINKS!”