Trump and the Race for Cash

11 hours ago, ionel said:

The AG is probably just going to end up screwing New York, not that anythings wrong with that.  

She'll do that but she'll screw over Trump as well.   She will be sure to take the lowest bidder because that is what government contracts require.   I hope all investment in NY goes away fast.   It probably won't but the precedent will have been set and they will go after other supposed enemies.   Then they will be hosed. 

mspart

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, red viking said:

He'll find a way to raise the cash. There are plenty of idiots in this country that will give him $. 

That don't have anymore, gave it all to Biden.  😉

Posted (edited)

Voting on a deal is step one. A very important step one. This was always going to get approved given where DWACs price was.

Now they have to close the deal, and waive portions of the lockup agreement in order for Trump to use his shares as collateral. Then they need to negotiate with a surety company over accepting the shares. After all, we are talking about a meme stock with little meaningful trading history. If you have to liquidate ~$600 million of stock in a hurry, you will not be getting $600 million for it. And that you may have to wait six months to do so will not help the negotiating process.

Getting that done by tomorrow is a tall order, but not impossible. Could be a tough weekend for some investment banking analysts, lawyers, partners, etc.

I would not be surprised to see Trump's legal team asking for an extension to work on all of that.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Posted (edited)

Trump does not have the shares today. DWAC is still trading. When DJT starts trading, he will officially have the shares.

It will be interesting to see what restrictions the shares have. Unless they alter the merger agreement, he still will not be able to use them as collateral for 6 months. But why wouldn't they alter that agreement? 

edit: the court just ruled that he only needs to put up $175 million and he gets an extra 10 days.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Bob 1

Poor Letitia - she's reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy disappointed.   The idiots on MSNBC are beside themselves. 

I have said all along that the Judge Engoran had it in for Trump from the beginning and that was apparent in his ruling and the appeals court blew the whistle on that foul.   They did not absolve him of the bond, but reduced it by a lot, thus not agreeing with Engoran's judgement.   There is no question this is the case.   I have heard that the appeals court cited due process grounds for their ruling but I cannot find that.  I cannot find any article that discusses the decision in detail anywhere but on NYT which I do not pay for. 

Now the appeal can proceed and I believe that it will succeed as this was a travesty in the first place. 

mspart

• Fire 1

So who bought shares of DJT?

Based on Friday's close the company was worth ~$8 billion and had a revenue multiple of a mere 2,070.4x

The good news is the multiple is down to 1,637x today after reporting larger than expected losses that included their auditors saying their finances "raise substantial doubt about it ability to continue as a going concern." (a concern that was likely solved in the near term by the $300 million in cash injected as part of the merger).

To illustrate what a bargain the stock is, Reddit just went public at a multiple of 9.8x. Meta trades at 9.2x, Pintrest at 7.7x, Snap at 4.1x, and ByteDance at 1.9x.

Now if Twitter can just go public at 2,000x Elon Musk might own the entire world.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Based on Friday's close the company was worth ~$8 billion and had a revenue multiple of a mere 2,070.4x

The good news is the multiple is down to 1,637x today after reporting larger than expected losses that included their auditors saying their finances "raise substantial doubt about it ability to continue as a going concern." (a concern that was likely solved in the near term by the $300 million in cash injected as part of the merger).

To illustrate what a bargain the stock is, Reddit just went public at a multiple of 9.8x. Meta trades at 9.2x, Pintrest at 7.7x, Snap at 4.1x, and ByteDance at 1.9x.

Now if Twitter can just go public at 2,000x Elon Musk might own the entire world.

Yeah, but that initial headline....

52 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Buying shares of DJT is way too risky for me. Of course if I don't get some, I'll be kicking myself in the ass down the road. But if I did buy some, I'd be kicking my ass again. Catch 22.  

I bought shares of Tesla right before Elon bought twitter. Still waiting to get my money back on that one. Horrible timing I know 😪

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah, but that initial headline....

And yet, if you think Trump wins the election, you should buy DJT.

• It certainly does not trade based on any sophisticated fundamental analysis of the business designed to project future cash flows and discount them to the present. It is a Trump sentiment and popularity indicator, and if he wins the election it will definitely trade higher. Why would you want to miss out on that?

And if you want Trump to win the election, you should also buy DJT.

• DJT is a way to give money to Trump. Any and all Trump supporters should be on board with that. A lot of people want to be associated with Trump, and a lot of people want to make him richer, with DJT you can do both in one neat package.

And it went on sale today.

• Think of the price slide as a discount. The future just went on sale today at 20% off. If you liked the stock at 2,000x revenue, you will love it at 1,600x. 

Be sure to post your receipts here.

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And yet, if you think Trump wins the election, you should buy DJT.

• It certainly does not trade based on any sophisticated fundamental analysis of the business designed to project future cash flows and discount them to the present. It is a Trump sentiment and popularity indicator, and if he wins the election it will definitely trade higher. Why would you want to miss out on that?

And if you want Trump to win the election, you should also buy DJT.

• DJT is a way to give money to Trump. Any and all Trump supporters should be on board with that. A lot of people want to be associated with Trump, and a lot of people want to make him richer, with DJT you can do both in one neat package.

And it went on sale today.

• Think of the price slide as a discount. The future just went on sale today at 20% off. If you liked the stock at 2,000x revenue, you will love it at 1,600x. 

Be sure to post your receipts here.

This feels kind've like TSLA, was never sure whether to short it or go long but once in new I wanted to take my profit and get out.  However, you missed an additional perk of DJT that wan't available with TSLA.  If you buy enough you might get to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.  🛌 💤 

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

This feels kind've like TSLA, was never sure whether to short it or go long but once in new I wanted to take my profit and get out.  However, you missed an additional perk of DJT that wan't available with TSLA.  If you buy enough you might get to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.  🛌 💤 

And possibly (?) circumvent campaign finance laws?

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

And possibly (?) circumvent campaign finance laws?

Its been done before, I wouldn't worry about it, no chance any would take legal action against Trump.  😉

• Haha 1