2024 NCAA Brackets

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Starocci has wins this season over the #6, 10, and 13 seeds.

The #5 seed’s best wins are over the #7, 10, and 11 seeds, and he also did not do very well at the conference tournament.

If there was ever a time for committee intervention, Carter Starocci was it.

What were the two RPIs? 

2 hours ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

Everyone be sure to tune into Flo to get Pyle’s earth shattering takes!

I don’t understand the hate. It’s decent commentary. Much more in depth than what you get in the NCAA reveal. 

• Bob 1

Feldman at the 9 and Davison at the 10 is the ultimate “punished for beating your opponent” in these brackets that I can see.

Feldman’s going to have a lot of work to do in the bloodround, and Davison has as much of a chance against Bastida as anybody in the bottom half of that bracket.

• Bob 1

38 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Maybe.  So who do you think Fix loses to in the finals this year?

I'm going out on a limb and say Fix gets beat in the 2nd round by Bouzakis by a pin. You heard here 1st.

• Jagger 1
  • Poopy 1

1 minute ago, wrestle87 said:

Feldman at the 9 and Davison at the 10 is the ultimate “punished for beating your opponent” in these brackets that I can see.

Feldman’s going to have a lot of work to do in the bloodround, and Davison has as much of a chance against Bastida as anybody in the bottom half of that bracket.

I was hoping Feldman would get a 6th or 7th seed. He is wrestling really well. I'm hoping for top 5 for him.

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Really dislike Fix over Crookham for number 1. Crookham wrestles and beats the returning NCAA and World champ twice and Fix ducks Crookham in the dual and is rewarded with the #1 seed. 

I'll be cheering against Fix

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, gromit said:

Crookham is also superb at finishing when he gets to a leg.

My original link was incorrect.  Edited to show Crookham's first TD v Vito in the EIWA final.

1 hour ago, jmoney said:

With Bailey-Nagao and Arujau-Orine in your path to finals?

He's beaten both Nagao and Vito (x2).  I prefer the bottom to the top, which includes Fix and Ragusin.

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I don't think you understand the gravity of what just happened.  Mekhi got f*cked.  End of story

Mekhi should have the advantage over a one-legged Starocci.  

Only problem is Mekhi will have to actually take a shot.  The counter-offense crap from neutral isn't gonna cut it at NCAAs, if Starocci doesn't shoot w a gimpy wheel.  Starocci will likely be content to go scoreless in the first period and take the match to the mat.

Edited by lu_alum

12 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I feel like a lot of that talk died down after seeing Mesenbrink/Hamiti, because people knew Mesenbrink deserved the 2.  And with Carr losing to Ramírez it’s kinda tough to argue putting him at 3.

To that point, the overall takeaway to me is that sitting out duals pays off.  Fix and Ramírez being the biggest beneficiaries.   As a result of the Carr/Ramírez situation I feel like we could see less guys enter CKLV because they don’t want to take an early season loss that they may not be able to avenge until NCAA’s.

The reality is that for most guys a good seed at the tournament can be the difference between being an AA or not. Or making the finals or not. For the elite guys it simply doesn't matter where they are seeded. The truly elite guys will win it all no matter who they wrestle and when. Guys like Fix aren't concerned with seeds anyway. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

The reality is that for most guys a good seed at the tournament can be the difference between being an AA or not. Or making the finals or not. For the elite guys it simply doesn't matter where they are seeded. The truly elite guys will win it all no matter who they wrestle and when. Guys like Fix aren't concerned with seeds anyway. 

Yup.  PSU won’t go to CKLV because they get enough top level competition in their room.  And more teams/guys may not in order to protect their seed