I am done with "Glory be to..."

Great interview here (I know a little different since it’s longer than the B10 ones which were just short post match interviews):

Thanks God, but acknowledges that God doesn’t care if he wins or loses.

• Brain 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Great interview here (I know a little different since it’s longer than the B10 ones which were just short post match interviews):

all glory to Kaden   🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

When they say "All glory to God" what they mean is "hey everyone - look how humble and pious I am! Isn't that great?"

I legitimately don’t know the answer here, but Cael brings the Utah brand of “glory to god” into the room.  Is there any sort of requirement within Mormonism that says, for example, in interviews or similar situations athletes are required to include a statement like that?  Like are they actually coached into saying that?

2 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I legitimately don’t know the answer here, but Cael brings the Utah brand of “glory to god” into the room.  Is there any sort of requirement within Mormonism that says, for example, in interviews or similar situations athletes are required to include a statement like that?  Like are they actually coached into saying that?

If that's true Bo Nickal never got the memo

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 minutes ago, Perry said:

Piss off. Their moment of glory, their moment to represent themselves. They owe you nothing. Release the grip on your pearls.

No kidding, I thought we were here to watch wrestling? Not the interviews. Some people need to get their priorities straight.

Bowling might be better for some.

• Bob 1

I'm willing to bet the people that are chafed at those on here for expressing their opinion that they don't like how Brooks espouses his views on religion during interviews are the same people that got angry over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem which is quite the paradox...

Edited by Doublehalf
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Now THIS is a good interview. Isn't preachy, isn't acting holier than thou, isn't denigrating other religions, and actually talks wrestling. This is how you do it, not how Brooks does. 

Just now, pokemonster said:

Now THIS is a good interview. Isn't preachy, isn't acting holier than thou, isn't denigrating other religions, and actually talks wrestling. This is how you do it, not how Brooks does. 

He does talk a little bit about wrestling and family in this actually, but kinda funny that it starts with him saying “spread the word of God” so guessing they may have cut out some of his preaching

10 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Agreed that Crookham had a great interview and as much as I love Vito- this kid is impossible not to like. Total class act in my opinion. 

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

If that's true Bo Nickal never got the memo

Very true, I don't think Mark or Cenzo did either, but that was a bit before their collective times.  Penn State, and the sport more broadly hasn't always been quite this big on spreading the word of the good book, it kinda goes in waves, or hops sport to sport.  Back in the day football used to be (still is, just not as vocally on TV at least), real big on "god family football."

I don't remember DT, Ed Ruth, or Retherford ever doing any of that.  Cassar was one of the first movers.

4 minutes ago, lisa morales said:

A.J. was raised to love the Lord.  His family are devout Catholics.  

This is actually true.  They practice a form of Catholicism that dates back to the Middle Ages called Indulgence 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 hours ago, Doublehalf said:

I'm willing to bet the people that are chafed at those on here for expressing their opinion that they don't like how Brooks espouses his views on religion during interviews are the same people that got angry over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem which is quite the paradox...

I bet the same people pissed off that a college kid expressed his beliefs were cheering on the NFL players kneeling which is quite the paradox. 

• Fire 2

18 minutes ago, NormMacDonald said:

I bet the same people pissed off that a college kid expressed his beliefs were cheering on the NFL players kneeling which is quite the paradox. 

I was just typing the same thing. I see the people who have a problem with Brooks and Fix et.al. for professing their faith are the same people that applaud Kaepernick and Rapinoe. 

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, NormMacDonald said:

I think the point you might be missing isn't that he expressed his beliefs, it's that when he did, he also went out of his way to say that his god was the only true god. Most people speaking in good faith could probably agree that is an incendiary and unnecessary comment to make and probably crosses a line. I do think if he was Muslim touting similar sentiments it would not be well received which is where the hypocrisy lies...

Which brings us to athletes kneeling, someone demonstrating their right to protest is a very American thing to do. Those that were kneeling werent also speaking into the camera saying that the only right thing to do is kneel and if you don't you're essentially wrong. 

I think it's anyone's right to express their beliefs, I just don't think anyone wants to hear that someone else's beliefs are wrong if they don't accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior... Devil is always in the details my friend.

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Bo Nickal definitely talks about his strong faith when he is interviewed these days.

Again, if true, this is so strange. He beats people up for a living. I see no way to square this with the teachings of Christ. (Not that he is under any obligation to justify himself ... to me or anybody else.)

1 hour ago, NormMacDonald said:

1 hour ago, Threadkilla said:

I was just typing the same thing. I see the people who have a problem with Brooks and Fix et.al. for professing their faith are the same people that applaud Kaepernick and Rapinoe. 

So did you two have a problem with the kneeling?

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Great interview! I agree that’s a great perspective and if others shared their views in the same manner, it would be received better. However, I know that giving interviews is hard especially after a match when adrenaline is kicking and emotions are a whirlwind. And college students just generally don’t have the life perspective yet to give a great speech off the top of their head. So I tend to extend grace for interviews that aren’t the best. 

• Bob 1