I am done with "Glory be to..."

9 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I haven’t seen this many ignorant posts in one thread since the Covid madness days on the old forum ,Brooks seems to be more at peace with life then 99 percent of the people you’ll ever meet and yet a bunch of grown ass men sitting around a wrestling forum anonymously hating on him and deciding what he should be permitted to say or what the approved topics are , like damn you are the ones that should be listening the closest to Aaron , if that ruffles your feathers maybe it’s time for a little self reflection.

what’s crazy is if any of you complainers confronted brooks and said what you re saying here to his face he probably wouldn’t even get upset , he would calmly explain his perspective and then pray for you , like literally with all his heart pray for you and yours and some of you jabronis would still be smug and walk away thinking you re opinion is superior 

As another person witnessed and said in this very thread, he will get upset and yell over you while saying "I WILL PRAY FOR YOU" over and over and over again. 

If anyone is saying they want to censor Brooks (they aren't) then that's one thing. People are saying he sounds like an insufferable preachy moron, which he does. His interviews are predictable, lame, and have nothing to do with wrestling. Bring back the Mark Hall flute concerts and Bo Nickal's "that's what we do", that's what gets viewers and is fun, not cramming some religion down people's throats as if you're the next messiah. 

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Is that your true belief, that it is personal? What if a wrestler says "I believe in the golden rule, I treat others how I would like to be treated". Is this expression acceptable to you?

Yes.

6 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

As another person witnessed and said in this very thread, he will get upset and yell over you while saying "I WILL PRAY FOR YOU" over and over and over again. 

If anyone is saying they want to censor Brooks (they aren't) then that's one thing. People are saying he sounds like an insufferable preachy moron, which he does. His interviews are predictable, lame, and have nothing to do with wrestling. Bring back the Mark Hall flute concerts and Bo Nickal's "that's what we do", that's what gets viewers and is fun, not cramming some religion down people's throats as if you're the next messiah. 

Yes, finally someone who gets it. This is not about free speech. Of course Brooks or anyone else can say what he wants and I don't have to listen. But the interviews should be about the sport. And I have stopped listening to Brook's interviews. I just had no idea that Greg Kerkvliet was going to launch into a Brooks-type interview. I will make it a point not to listen to his interviews in the future.

• Fire 2

17 hours ago, jackwebster said:

No doubt, that's not how they think about it. But, having been on the losing end of matches like theirs, it is how I would describe the feeling. Hardell Moore is a nice guy, but I didn't feel like a man after that.

I haven't felt like a man since I got married.

• Bob 1

17 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

This is the stance that humanity has taken at every single major scientific re-envisioning of the world and the physical structure of the universe as we conceptualize it.  

We know so little scientifically, that it is still entirely up to individual choice to construct beliefs and frames of reference on the bigger questions.  We have no idea how we got here, or where we all came from.  Nobody has any answers as to where "life" started, or where it goes, or how the entire fabric of the universe we inhabit got here in the first place.

So, really, insistence that something doesn't exist is just an insistence in your own belief...=D    

We absolutely do. Life on planet Earth evolved from our oceans over millions of years. 

16 hours ago, JuanMogen said:

I want an Aaron Brooks, Greg Kerkvliet podcast to follow. In the 6,000 years that this planet has been around, that’d be one of the greatest things man could possibly see. 

You could just listen to Baschmania. It's a religious podcast that interviews wrestlers about their faith.

• Bob 1

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I haven’t seen this many ignorant posts in one thread since the Covid madness days on the old forum ,Brooks seems to be more at peace with life then 99 percent of the people you’ll ever meet and yet a bunch of grown ass men sitting around a wrestling forum anonymously hating on him and deciding what he should be permitted to say or what the approved topics are , like damn you are the ones that should be listening the closest to Aaron , if that ruffles your feathers maybe it’s time for a little self reflection.

what’s crazy is if any of you complainers confronted brooks and said what you re saying here to his face he probably wouldn’t even get upset , he would calmly explain his perspective and then pray for you , like literally with all his heart pray for you and yours and some of you jabronis would still be smug and walk away thinking you re opinion is superior 

Sounds like you’re the one that’s triggered

13 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

You could just listen to Baschmania. It's a religious podcast that interviews wrestlers about their faith.

Sounds like a wonderful way to supplement Sunday mass when my truck runs out of gas and I don’t have time to siphon any from the car parked furthest from the grocery store entrance. 

4 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Sounds like a wonderful way to supplement Sunday mass when my truck runs out of gas and I don’t have time to siphon any from the car parked furthest from the grocery store entrance. 

Siphoning gas is a highly underrated activity these days. 

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

like damn you are the ones that should be listening the closest to Aaron 

The ones who disagree with the way he gave that interview should be listening closest to him saying jesus is the only right god and all others are false prophets?

idgi

It does seem like Brooks has learned to be a little more subtle than he was after NCAA’s last year and in this interview he did at least acknowledge that there was a wrestling match. What did he say at the very end though? “_____ forever”?

Just wait until folks figure out NIL and product placement. I don't know why they haven't yet. But when they do, you'll wish they were thanking a higher being and not a beverage.  

"Excuse me while I take a sip of my Monster Energy Drink. **GULP** Ahhhh! It's cool and refreshing, and it will 'unleash the beast' in you. Shane, did you know that drinking a Monster Energy drink 10 to 60 minutes before you exercise improves overall athletic performance, including focus, alertness and endurance? **TURNS FROM SHANE TO CAMERA MAKING SURE LABEL FACES AUDIENCE** Thank you, Monster Energy Drink!"

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Sounds like you’re the one that’s triggered

Wow...weakest post of the year.  He comments on how a bunch of narrow minded judgmental idiots get their undies in a bunch over someone praising the Lord and you claim HE is triggered.  SMH...can't make this stuff up....

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Wow...weakest post of the year.  He comments on how a bunch of narrow minded judgmental idiots get their undies in a bunch over someone praising the Lord and you claim HE is triggered.  SMH...can't make this stuff up....

You sound triggered too

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

It does seem like Brooks has learned to be a little more subtle than he was after NCAA’s last year and in this interview he did at least acknowledge that there was a wrestling match. What did he say at the very end though? “_____ forever”?

I hope he’s just holding back so that he can drop the hammer on the mic after he decks Hidley. TSA is going to need a little extra funding in the coming months. 

21 hours ago, BaldAt23 said:

I don't like the hypocrisy. If the roles were reversed and a Muslim wrestler said Jesus was a false prophet, all the same people praising Brooks for speaking out would be up in arms and freaking out. They want to pretend it's the "woke" people trying to shut people up. In reality they just like it because it aligns with their beliefs, not because they believe in free speech.

Also, how big does your ego have to be to think that God is personally invested in your wrestling success? It's such a ludicrous thing to think. I find it unfathomable that people believe stuff like this. 

I've been thinking about this for a day, and it reminded me of something on the old board.  There was an article in some mainstream publication that usually doesn't cover wrestling  (Esquire?  GQ?).  It compared Saduleev and Snyder.  It was an interesting article but seemed to focus quite a bit on Snyder's religion, perhaps poking a bit at him for being a devout Christian.  Meanwhile, Saduleev was described like a matinee idol/boy band member.  Virtually no mention of his religion.

I mentioned that I found it odd and perhaps a bit biased that there is an article that (possibly) mocked Snyder for his religious beliefs, but there was virtually no mention of Saduleev's beliefs and Sad is prob just as devout as Snyder.

Well, I was angrily attacked as a Bible-thumper, just for making this observation.  While I do practice my religion, I don't go out and make open proclamations nor am I bringing it into any conversation with anyone outside my church.  Just a mention of this was enough to enrage former poster s_____n.  It was kind of crazy.

• Brain 1

5 hours ago, scribers said:

Lord praise be cult leader Carl. Send him all your money and glory be to kingdom come all of your winning and champions. 

Checking to see if you are Scribe's son...Scribers. 

• Clown 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐