I am done with "Glory be to..."

1 minute ago, Rassling said:

H82 - I wouldn’t recommend either but I would suggest just blocking the Godless. It may get a little lonely here but you’ll be ok. 

He'll still have a friend in Jesus! 

6 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

I’m buying front row tickets next year just to talk to Aaron. See if I can get him to sign my Jesus bobblehead. 

Oh, he would sign it, but he would also probably write a message about Jesus on Jesus!

I think you ought to try to get Edmond Ruth to sign it to see what kinda smiley face thing he puts on it (reference to his post-semi interview)

In the beginning, Coach Cael Sanderson created the foundation of a wrestling dynasty at Penn State. The program was without form and void, and darkness was over the surface of the mat. 

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be technique," and there was technique. Coach saw that the technique was good, and he separated the high-percentage moves from the low-percentage ones. He called the high-percentage moves "effective" and the low-percentage ones he did not use. And there was practice, and there was recovery—the first day.

Then Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be a culture in the midst of the team, and let it separate wrestlers with a growth mindset from those without." So Coach made the culture and separated the wrestlers who learned from every match from those who did not. And it was so. And there was drilling, and there was conditioning—the second day.

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let the wrestlers under the team bring forth victories, accolades, and champions after their kind." And it was so. The mat brought forth wrestlers like Aaron Brooks, who dominated with skill and heart, and the team saw that it was good. And there was scouting, and there was strategizing—the third day.

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be stars in the sky of the Bryce Jordan Center to give light to the fans." And he set Casey Cunningham in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the mat, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the spirit of victory from defeat. And Coach saw that it was good. And there was anticipation, and there was triumph—the fourth day.

Thus, the mat and the heavens and all their array were completed. And on the seventh day, Coach Sanderson finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. Coach Sanderson blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

This is the account of the heavens and the mat when they were created, in the day that Coach Cael Sanderson and his team of wrestlers made them.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Oh, he would sign it, but he would also probably write a message about Jesus on Jesus!

I think you ought to try to get Edmond Ruth to sign it to see what kinda smiley face thing he puts on it (reference to his post-semi interview)

I’ll see if Ruth will draw a pot leaf on it. 

16 hours ago, KennyEBHS said:

I am a PSU fan, but I am done with the PSU athletes trying to tell us about religion. And when they say that "none of this matters," then why are we watching?

I will let them know that you are tired of it, Kenny. Imagine the audacity of a young man getting his 2 minutes of TV time and thanking God. 

• Bob 2
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Being upset about someone praising God says a lot more about you then it does about the person who praised God.

What about when Aaron Brooks said Mohammad was a false prophet on national TV last year?

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

What about when Aaron Brooks said Mohammad was a false prophet on national TV last year?

You can be upset about that, sure, but is it really that surprising? Christians are taught to have no false idols and to espouse the gospel.

Quit letting Brooks live rent free in your head. Looks like you're just trying to find a reason to be mad.

Edited by tiger-style
  • Fire 2

4 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

It’s a free country where free speech sets us apart from other nations. Why hate, celebrate!

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, tiger-style said:

You can be upset about that sure, but is it really that surprising? Christians are taught to have no false idols and to espouse the gospel.

Quit letting Brooks live rent free in your head. Looks like you're just trying to find a reason to be mad.

I don't like the hypocrisy. If the roles were reversed and a Muslim wrestler said Jesus was a false prophet, all the same people praising Brooks for speaking out would be up in arms and freaking out. They want to pretend it's the "woke" people trying to shut people up. In reality they just like it because it aligns with their beliefs, not because they believe in free speech.

Also, how big does your ego have to be to think that God is personally invested in your wrestling success? It's such a ludicrous thing to think. I find it unfathomable that people believe stuff like this. 

Edited by BaldAt23
  • Bob 2
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

He was right. Of course the fact he apparently doesn't realize ALL the "prophets" are false is a bit of an issue. 

• Brain 1

32 minutes ago, tiger-style said:

You can be upset about that, sure, but is it really that surprising? Christians are taught to have no false idols and to espouse the gospel.

If only they practiced this.

The second part, the Bible specifically says to not proselytize in public, but rather to pray behind closed doors.

Edited by JimmyCinnabon
  • Bob 1

8 hours ago, jackwebster said:

Tell us more bc I'm not following. This seems relevatory.

Lol, it was a combination of my ever child-like brain fusing the Mormon belief that Jesus has or will show up again with the fact that Jeff Bridges in the big lebowski looks like a chilled out fat surfer version of Jesus.

The idea that the Big Lebowski was in fact the second coming of Jesus really hit my funny bone. 

3 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Lol, it was a combination of my ever child-like brain fusing the Mormon belief that Jesus has or will show up again with the fact that Jeff Bridges in the big lebowski looks like a chilled out fat surfer version of Jesus.

The idea that the Big Lebowski was in fact the second coming of Jesus really hit my funny bone. 

You're out of your element, Donnie.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

If only they practiced this.

The second part, the Bible specifically says to not proselytize in public, but rather to pray behind closed doors.

That is not what the context of what that verse is dealing with. Christ was rebuking the pharisee hypocrites that were making a spectacle of their public prayer. 

• Bob 1

Just now, Gus said:

That is not what the context of what that verse is dealing with. Christ was rebuking the pharisee hypocrites that were making a spectacle of their public prayer. 

One man's spectacle is another man's wrestling interview, I guess. 

36 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Dude-Christ's theme song

Aaron Brooks is insufferable on the mic each and every time, he makes himself look like a complete dumbass and anyone who isn't thumping their own Bible at the time knows it. The stuff he said after his last championship was ridic and the fact the NCAA deleted his interview from their tweets immediately due to backlash proves it. If he wasn't talking about God or Jesus, he'd probably be preaching about how the earth is flat. 

Doesn't make wrestlers relatable or fun to the masses when every time they get a mic in their face on National TV they use it to preach to the audience. Shut up and promote the sport. 

I don't get this "ergg, don't matter. nothing matters when you think about it" approach either. Let's hear some good ole fashioned wrestling talk about how the wrestler gritted it out and whatnot. 

Edited by pokemonster