Tom Brands quotes thread

Saw this tongue twister recently:

“He knew he was in trouble.  When you get in trouble, when you’re in trouble is when you don’t know you’re in trouble, and so when you get in trouble and if you know you’re in trouble then you always end up on top”

Edited by 1032004
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Saw this one recently:

He knew he was in trouble.  When you get in trouble, when you’re in trouble is when you don’t know you’re in trouble, and so when you get in trouble and if you know you’re in trouble then you always end up on top

Yogi Berra has some new competition.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

“He knew he was in trouble.  When you get in trouble, when you’re in trouble is when you don’t know you’re in trouble, and so when you get in trouble and if you know you’re in trouble then you always end up on top”

Is this the new hawkeye salad being served in Coralville?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, lightweight said:

Yogi Berra has some new competition.

But Yogi Berra was a Veteran. On D-day he piloted a landing craft at Normandy beach.

• Confused 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Reminds me of a remark by another former wrestler and also a piece of ______:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones"

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Quality stuff. Thank you.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

This explains a lot.

"Hey coach, I'm able to get to my opponents leg but have a tough time finishing when I motion and shoot left. Any advice?"

"Well ya see, you gotta scramble through, and when you scramble it's bad when you don't know it's a scramble, but you can also scramble and get into scrambles and know you're in a scramble and so then you scramble through and will always get the takedown."

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Did this man ever live in California? 

17 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

In Brands' defense his barnyard analogies make sense if you do a little work for him. In this case he meant something like "if you know and understand positions you win scrambles."

Major plus for "barnyard analogies". 

• Fire 1

“This world has a lot of work to do on social injustice issues and that work is important on our campus and that work is important in our athletic department. And it’s important in our wrestling program. And it’s important to me. Diligence is high.”

https://hawkfanatic.com/2022/02/09/tom-brands-issues-public-apology-to-wisconsin-wrestler-austin-gomez/

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.