EIWA Seed Guesses/Interactive Bracket

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Cornella loses to Chappell of Bucknell in quarters then MFF’s his next match 

Cornella blew out his injured knee in OT.  Two matches and scrupulously avoided ever being on bottom, and really couldn't do much in neutral.  Cornell could've had all ten guys in the semis if not for that injury (yeah, everyone gets injuries).

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

Cornella blew out his injured knee in OT.  Two matches and scrupulously avoided ever being on bottom, and really couldn't do much in neutral.  Cornell could've had all ten guys in the semis if not for that injury (yeah, everyone gets injuries).

Wait, for real? Is it known that he reinjured himself and wasn't pulled for precautionary reasons? Chappell got to his legs clean and he went down but I didn't realize he got hurt on the TD. Real pity. Cornella was in deep on Chappell repeatedly but couldn't keep from getting stalemated.

6 hours ago, ugarles said:

Wait, for real? Is it known that he reinjured himself and wasn't pulled for precautionary reasons? Chappell got to his legs clean and he went down but I didn't realize he got hurt on the TD. Real pity. Cornella was in deep on Chappell repeatedly but couldn't keep from getting stalemated.

Hard to tell what happened, but yeah, Chappell does appear to get in clean, but Cornella is in pain at the end

Edited by 1032004

35 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Maida 125 Amer will mff

Stout 197 Pri will med fft from Semis

Maida will be looking for an "At Large" bid.  6 available.  He should be hoping for mininal upsets in other Qualifiers.

Stout already qualified (Top 6).  MFF may slightly hurt his NCAA Seed.

LEHIGH still w/in reasonable striking distance... but they'll have to roll the dice perfectly and Cornell to stumble a bit, to score the EIWA title.

Cornell has to feel somewhat comfortable at this point... ( or not! Buuuwwwaaaahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! )

D3

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Where does Vito get seeded now?  Crookham better be 1, but I guess it’s possible Vito ends up on the same side

I think so - because Orine or Ragusin could be able to get the third seed - Vito could be 4th or 5th - and have another match with Crookham!  Fix actually benefits by being ranked 2nd if thats how it plays out.  

Just now, flyingcement said:

I think so - because Orine or Ragusin could be able to get the third seed - Vito could be 4th or 5th - and have another match with Crookham!  Fix actually benefits by being ranked 2nd if thats how it plays out.  

I guess it’s also possible Fix gets the 1, but Crookham and Vito better not be on the same side 

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

Crookham beats Vito again, GREAT match

I hated the way Vito wrestled that match. Waited beyond the last possible second to score in the second and seemed like he was setting up to win at the whistle in the third and Crookham took the initiative.