Trent Hidlay hodge

Truzzcat

51 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Jason Nolf was jobbed so bad. He was a generational NCAA wrestler who had the awful luck of being "only" the second most dominating wrestler his sophomore (Zain), junior (Spencer), and senior (Bo's Helping Hand) seasons. If there was ever a season that a Hodge should have legitimately had co-winners it should have been his senior season.

He should’ve won it his sophomore year , he had a better year then Zain but they almost had to give it to Zain bc they gave it to ringer the year before when it was clearly Zain who should won it 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He should’ve won it his sophomore year , he had a better year then Zain but they almost had to give it to Zain bc they gave it to ringer the year before when it was clearly Zain who should won it 

Yeah Ringer is the one that started the whole lifetime accomplishment award and Retherford got hosed that year. I don't think they were calculating any of the domination points yet, but if I remember (and I could be very wrong) that according to unofficial napkin math Nolf had more regular season domination points but then tore his MCL and Zain went nuts through the postseason to nab that not-yet-created title.

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

58 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

w/o the continuing abnormal growth spurt, someone wouldn't even be the topic of conversation. test em

wtf are you even talking about. Hidlay of all people? The kid won't even drink a beer.

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Yeah Ringer is the one that started the whole lifetime accomplishment award and Retherford got hosed that year. I don't think they were calculating any of the domination points yet, but if I remember (and I could be very wrong) that according to unofficial napkin math Nolf had more regular season domination points but then tore his MCL and Zain went nuts through the postseason to nab that not-yet-created title.

You are mixing up your seasons a bit. Dieringer edged out Retherford in 2016. Nolf was fourth in Hodge voting behind Retherford, Cox, and Snyder in 2017. He was injured in 2018 and was not listed as a Hodge finalist (probably due to the injury loss).

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Nolf tore his MCL his junior year , if that doesn’t happen I’m pretty confident he would’ve got his hodge that season ..I consider Nolfs junior year the most impressive ncaa tournament Ive seen, he had one leg and completely changed his style and just started crushing people from top instead of on his feet .. he beat Kem, Micah Jordan and Hidley in a row at ncaas , all of them 4x AAs and Ncaa finliasts ..Nolf bonus rates were 88.89 his freshman year , then 92.59, 80 % his junior year ( was around 95% before torn mcl, only non bonus win was 6-4 over pantleo), and 87% his sr year ( only 3 non bonus wins, Pantleo 2x and The Hidley match everyone likes to bring up) only 2 true Ls in his entire career both as a freshman , also the first person to beat Imar just when people were thinking Imar was going to be an undefeated 4xer , 16-0 vs guys who were/ended up ncaa finalists with 9 bonus wins …probably the best guy to never win the hodge , definitely in my lifetime 

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You are mixing up your seasons a bit. Dieringer edged out Retherford in 2016. Nolf was fourth in Hodge voting behind Retherford, Cox, and Snyder in 2017. He was injured in 2018 and was not listed as a Hodge finalist (probably due to the injury loss).

Not possible. This is the internet and I'm not about to let pesky little things like "facts" get in my way. Why should I stand corrected when I can double down and stand tall against the Main Stream Forumedia.

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Not possible. This is the internet and I'm not about to let pesky little things like "facts" get in my way. Why should I stand corrected when I can double down and stand tall against the Main Stream Forumedia.

Amen, brother.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I once knew a guy named Trent Hidey Hodge. He'd always frantically run past me,  correcting me by saying,  "Hidley!"

Ah dunno...

• Stalling 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 2/19/2024 at 9:26 PM, Le duke said:

The only World/Olympic 86kg silver medalist in the last 5 years is Deepak Punia, DT or Yazdani.

2019 W Punia
2021 O Yazdani, W Taylor
2022 W Yazdani
2023 W Yazdani

Then I realized you meant Kentchadze, who is a 74kg guy, who took 2nd at 74kg in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro tries to discredit anyone not PSU/NLWC.  Embarrassing.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, Daddy Dave said:

w/o the continuing abnormal growth spurt, someone wouldn't even be the topic of conversation. test em

OK, but what about the other guy who is ranked #1 who had a similar growth spurt?

Not to mention, Hidlay made weight at 197 for a dual and then went 86 kg the next day (Farrell).  Can't be too much of a "growth spurt."

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 1

On 2/19/2024 at 9:32 PM, Truzzcat said:

he lost 6-7 to Sidakov this year and beat mark hall at the same tournament that Trent beat him and then Trent went on to beat Dieringer im not sure if you were trying to discredit what beating kentchadze means 86 is not his optimal weight ill give you that but hes still damn good regardless. Trent also did it in the middle of the folkstyle season.

edit: Dieringer being the guy that beat Starocci last year that probably means more to you than anything given your posting history.

Not to mention Hidlay's FS win over Amine in 2021.

• Fire 1

Bro tries to discredit anyone not PSU/NLWC.  Embarrassing.

Apparently you missed the post where I said that modern 184s like Amine, Hidlay and Brooks would stomp the 1982 finalists at 177, Ed Banach and Mark Schultz. I think that’s pretty complimentary.

I think Amine and Hidlay are great. I think Hidlay will give Brooks his hardest match of the year, by far. But I’m not going to pretend that a win over a guy who will likely be competing at 74kg in Paris this summer is as impressive as it would be if he beat Georgia’s actual 86kg rep.

12 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Apparently you missed the post where I said that modern 184s like Amine, Hidlay and Brooks would stomp the 1982 finalists at 177, Ed Banach and Mark Schultz. I think that’s pretty complimentary.

Random unfalsifiable statements dont make for very robust compliments.

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."