Monday night on BTN...Rutgers @ PSU

feet2back

4 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

...and 5 other all-americans.

The conversation is about his current regular season record compared to last year.  The post season is irrelevant to this discussion

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'm definitely putting my reputation on the line to bet on Pinto 🙂

I have this feeling Traux is going be spending some time on his back this Sunday.  District 11 Baby!

• Fire 2

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

I'm just spitballiing here but have you guys considered that Nagao is wrestling a tougher schedule..... I'm just messing with you guys....

Actually I would say he was really unknown to a lot of guys last year and caught them by surprise.  Not a real high end recruit, not much buzz around him until he started giving guys real tough matches and even then it wasn't really until the big tens that people really noticed how much of a match up problem he was.  You also have to consider that real hard top guys, especially leg riders benefit from the wear and tear that comes in tournaments. 

I'm going to be very contrarian and say Truax beats Pinto something like 5-2 or 7-2.  Pinto has precisely one move that he can hit semi-reliably, it's his goofy muscle right underhook with the back hand blocking behind his opponent's left leg.  It's like he watched a trent hidlay highlight an just said "yeah, I'll give it a shot".

Nagao, also overranked this whole year.  He has super flexible hips laterally, and could throw in some mean boots and sit the corner.  These, however, are not exactly new techniques, and he's pretty easy to scout.

I'd also guess he's experiencing a weird transition right now, kinda like what snyder went through when he first moved to Happy Valley, he legit got worse for about a year as he was working on new principals and techniques.  He also likely wasn't able to hit what used to work for him in the room, which took away his practice an confidence in his old moves, at a time when he also had minimal confidence or ability to execute his new ones.  

I think Nagao is going through this same transition right now.  He's probably being told to try different things on the mat, aka leave his old game behind in favor of something that may fit his frame better long term, but that means he's less confident in his skillset overall right now.

8 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I have this feeling Traux is going be spending some time on his back this Sunday.  District 11 Baby!

District 11 certainly has been banging out one stud after the other over the years.