Who is most likely to get "Carvered" this Friday?

Who is most likely to get Carvered this Friday?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most likely to get Carvered this Friday?

• Davis (by Ayala)
    • Nagao (by Schriever)
    • Bartlett (by Woods)
    • Kasak (by Rathjen)
    • Haines (by Franek)
    • Mesenbrink (by Calliendo)
    • Truax (by Arnold)
    • Kerk (by Keuter)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/2024 at 02:00 AM

Penn State faces Iowa this Friday at 9 pm ET.  Although Penn State is favored by Intermat rank at 9/10 weights we all know the power of Carver and the chants of "STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING" that will begin at the first whistle.

Who is most likely to get Carvered this Friday?

I am excluding Penn State locks like Stallroci and Brooks.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

• Jimmy Cinnabon changed the title to Who is most likely to get "Carvered" this Friday?
1 minute ago, Dogbone said:

To me, David/Ayala is a toss up and wouldn't count as "Carvered"  That is just me as I think it pertains to upsets, ala Mark Hall

Right, but according to rankings it's #2 Davis vs #7 Ayala. Davis is favored by rankings.

• Fire 1

Mesenbrink could get Carvered, but not in the way Jimmy is thinking. Mes is used to competing in high pressure environments, but CHA is CHA and it'll be his first time in that sort of atmosphere. He might get a little shell shocked and lose focus. Not that it happens to PSU kids often. The Carl vibe is strong.

3 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Carter.

Don't expect him to lose but I wouldn't be shocked to see a very competitive match where Carter wins by 1-2 points but is essentially in control throughout.

Maybe that doesn't count as a "Carvering"

If Starocci wins, it's a Cartering 🫤

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

Bartlett will definitely get "Carvered." He hasn't been generating a lot of offense against good wrestlers.  Woods, on the other hand (except for the Lemley match) runs up the scores both on his feet and on top with that tilt.  

I'm not sure I would count this as a Carvering...Bartlett is like 0-3 vs Woods lifetime.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Right, but according to rankings it's #2 Davis vs #7 Ayala. Davis is favored by rankings.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm not sure I would count this as a Carvering...Bartlett is like 0-3 vs Woods lifetime.

But Bartlett is favored by rankings....

Let's say Iowa wins no matches before the break (certainly could happen) and gets no takedowns, will Carver turn against their own team and start calling STALLING on the Hawkeyes?  Might Brands be Carvered

It will be interesting to see what weight Brands would want to start at.    Cael has always said start at 125.  Brands needs to get the crowd into it to have any chance of winning more than a match or two.  What weight does Iowa have the best shot?  

41 minutes ago, TheDFP said:

It will be interesting to see what weight Brands would want to start at.    Cael has always said start at 125.  Brands needs to get the crowd into it to have any chance of winning more than a match or two.  What weight does Iowa have the best shot?  

Iowa always starts at 125 as well so that is what I would expect.

46 minutes ago, TheDFP said:

Iowa's best chances at victory are from 125-165 so it makes sense to start at 125.

I am picking Nagao, not because I think he will lose but because he is the only one that really fits the definition of getting Carvered that has a greater than 1% chance of losing. Brooks or Kerk would fit the bill but I would be pretty shocked if they lost. 

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Gus said:

I am picking Nagao, not because I think he will lose but because he is the only one that really fits the definition of getting Carvered that has a greater than 1% chance of losing. Brooks or Kerk would fit the bill but I would be pretty shocked if they lost. 

Didn't Iowa also reportedly offer him more NIL money and he chose Penn State anyway?  

4 hours ago, TheDFP said:

Cael is wrong again start at 197. The last two weights generally suck. Let's start with the turds. 

I mean for all duels. Not this one specifically.

Edited by forkemaz