Aside from 125, what current #1 ranked wrestler is most likely to NOT win NCAAs?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

We know 125 is a mess.  But which current #1 ranked wrestler is most vulnerable?

133 - Crooham

141 - Woods

149 - McLovett

157 - Haines

165 - O'Toole

174 - Stallroci

184 - Keck

197 - Brooks

Hwt - Kerk

For me to be able to properly answer your question- tell me which one you think is most likely to win...

2 minutes ago, charmon55 said:

Woods, Starocci, and Brooks have got to be the most likely to win it all out of the #1 guys 

I would throw Kerk in there as well. I haven’t seen a guy even close to him so far this season. He took apart the the number two guy at the NWCA All-Star bout. 

Unless Gable somehow wrestles Kerk is the HWT champ. 

Edited by JimmyCinnabon
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

I would throw Kerk in there as well. I haven’t seen a guy even close to him so far this season. He took apart the the number two guy at the NWCA All-Star bout. 

Unless Gable somehow wrestles Kerk is the HWT champ. 

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if Bastida beats Hendrickson at Big 12s. 

• Fire 2

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

We know 125 is a mess.  But which current #1 ranked wrestler is most vulnerable?

133 - Crooham

141 - Woods

149 - McLovett

157 - Haines

165 - O'Toole

174 - Stallroci

184 - Keck

197 - Brooks

Hwt - Kerk

In order:

Crookham

Haines

Lovett

Woods

Keck

O’Toole

Kerk

Brooks

Starocci

• Fire 3

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

133 - Crooham

141 - Woods

149 - McLovett

157 - Haines

165 - O'Toole

174 - Stallroci

184 - Keck

197 - Brooks

Hwt - Kerk

id go

133 (vito at his best is the best guy in the world and I think daton poses a very tricky stylistic matchup for crookham)

157 (Meyer has been my pick all year and after the mauller match I am feeling better about it wrting cklv off to the concussion although a tournament setting still scares me for him)

149 (I personally think henson and gomez are as good if not better than ridge)

165 (I think keegan may be the best wrestler in college right now besides brooks but this weight is absolutely insane)

141 (real is great but he leaves it within the margins sometimes could see someone like beau or mendez beating him or even a guy like happle when hes hot)

197 (Trent is wrestling absolutely unreal dont give him a high probability but a chance against brooks)

184 (keck beat plott in a tight but fairly convincing fashion and I think hes the second-best guy aside from potentially foca

285 (yonger and wyatt can make it interesting if healthy)

174 (weakest weight in the country + t3 p4p guy imo)

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, MLB9 said:

In order:

Crookham

Haines

Lovett

Woods

Keck

O’Toole

Kerk

Brooks

Starocci

I have nearly the same list. Nearly in that I had Crooham, Haines, Lovett, and Woods as my four most likely, but in no particular order. Everything else was the same order.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I have nearly the same list. Nearly in that I had Crooham, Haines, Lovett, and Woods as my four most likely, but in no particular order. Everything else was the same order.

To be associated with the wizardly wealth of statistical and wrestling knowledge that WKN possesses is one of my greatest achievements in life! Thought about putting Haines at the top, even though it pains me. Based on how he’s looked much of the year, I’m not sure he’ll even make the semis. It’ll get corrected 

37 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

id go

133 (vito at his best is the best guy in the world and I think daton poses a very tricky stylistic matchup for crookham)

157 (Meyer has been my pick all year and after the mauller match I am feeling better about it wrting cklv off to the concussion although a tournament setting still scares me for him)

149 (I personally think henson and gomez are as good if not better than ridge)

165 (I think keegan may be the best wrestler in college right now besides brooks but this weight is absolutely insane)

141 (real is great but he leaves it within the margins sometimes could see someone like beau or mendez beating him or even a guy like happle when hes hot)

197 (Trent is wrestling absolutely unreal dont give him a high probability but a chance against brooks)

184 (keck beat plott in a tight but fairly convincing fashion and I think hes the second-best guy aside from potentially foca

285 (yonger and wyatt can make it interesting if healthy)

174 (weakest weight in the country + t3 p4p guy imo)

O’toole needed 2 comeback victories this past weekend , Peyton Hall really had him dead to rights and let it slip away , meanwhile Starocci is out here burying Mekhi Lewis alive

174 has 3 national champs in it ,Starocci just seems to have lapped the field but you can’t say a weight with 3 champs is the weakest 

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

O’toole needed 2 comeback victories this past weekend , Peyton Hall really had him dead to rights and let it slip away , meanwhile Starocci is out here burying Mekhi Lewis alive

174 has 3 national champs in it ,Starocci just seems to have lapped the field but you can’t say a weight with 3 champs is the weakest 

Shane lost to a true freshman and was competitive with another true freshman and a backup 157lber hes not that guy anymore and mehki has long since been the guy that was a b2b finalist and national champ imo. the weight itself only has 4 AA's. The hall match is somewhat of a concern but hes always wrestled Keegan well and is having a great year Julian took the lead on Keegan but ended up getting blown out. Im not trying to take away from Carter hes outstanding and has definitely distanced himself from everyone but foca and plott moving up to 184 whitlake and kharchla getting hurt brands suspension and labs graduating definitely thinned this weight out a ton from last year.

44 minutes ago, MLB9 said:

To be associated with the wizardly wealth of statistical and wrestling knowledge that WKN possesses is one of my greatest achievements in life! Thought about putting Haines at the top, even though it pains me. Based on how he’s looked much of the year, I’m not sure he’ll even make the semis. It’ll get corrected 

I am just a guy who takes off his shoes and socks when he needs to count past 12. We need to work on getting you some better achievements.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

133 - Crooham

141 - Woods

149 - McLovett

157 - Haines

165 - O'Toole

174 - Stallroci

184 - Keck

197 - Brooks

Hwt - Kerk

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I fly guarantee you Crooham will not win and ill even go further to say he won't even sniff AA or r12.  You guys are a pair so ill let Wkn set the odds a JC the bet amount/terms.

What say ye?  

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

No one says it’s the weakest.  Starocci is just a lot better than everyone else

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Price Is Right GIF

While waiting on Jimmy (I'm sure he's counting his CinniBucks)  the two of us could have a side bet:

If Crooham AAs I'll change my username to pinfall wizard for one year.

If Crooham fails to AA you can't use the term pinfall in any posts for an entire year.  

?

43 minutes ago, ionel said:

I fly guarantee you Crooham will not win and ill even go further to say he won't even sniff AA or r12.  You guys are a pair so ill let Wkn set the odds a JC the bet amount/terms.

What say ye?  

Will he qualify?

1 hour ago, ionel said:

While waiting on Jimmy (I'm sure he's counting his CinniBucks)  the two of us could have a side bet:

If Crooham AAs I'll change my username to pinfall wizard for one year.

If Crooham fails to AA you can't use the term pinfall in any posts for an entire year.  

?

JC DMed me to say he wants all that action.