OLY RS Loophole

Le duke

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

Who else took an Olympic RS without being qualified or trying to qualify for OTTs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant think of names currently but it's happened to stretch eligibility in the past I believe 

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Yes.

Plenty of state schools have extension campuses; I doubt many have them 1000+ miles from the state in question.

so are you cynical about the idea that he's going to attend iowa next year? thats why i was confused

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Back in Iowa City it looks like and still training in Iowa’s room in his underwear 

He strikes me as a bit like the Andrew Dice Clay of wrestling, full of bluster and malignant narcissism, except not as funny

• Fire 1

I would expect him and Anthony to travel around the country and do some MMA training while still living in Iowa. With many classes being online and summer classes credits won't be an issue 

10 minutes ago, Corby said:

I would expect him and Anthony to travel around the country and do some MMA training while still living in Iowa. With many classes being online and summer classes credits won't be an issue 

Thought they were Texas folk. 

Agree - Olympic Redshirt should only be reserved for those who qualified for OTT. If you try and fail, you lose the year. Tough but it's such a bad loophole in eligibility. A Cadet Medal should not get you an automatic redshirt junior year of college. It's especially bad in AJ's case since he's not wrestling because he acted like an idiot. 

Facundo (who is eligible through a Cadet Medal) would have earned it as he just qualified for OTT by Senior Nationals.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Back in Iowa City it looks like and still training in Iowa’s room in his underwear 

It's been kind of a slow season so I invested some time instead in re-reading the Zavoral book and the HBO documentary now owned by Flo regarding Gable's last season. 

It's kind of jarring, bordering on grotesque, seeing that video filmed in the same wrestling mecca where Jesse Whitmer trained to be a one time starter, one time champion; where Lincoln McIlravy overcame headaches to win a third title and finish 96-3; etc., etc. 

Maybe someone could do a wellness check on the Gable statue.  It's one thing to get thumped in a dual by the 13th ranked team; it's another allowing your room to be used for this crap.  The way to turn around the first part of that sentence is not by turning to the second part of that sentence.  

• Fire 2

14 hours ago, SocraTease said:

He strikes me as a bit like the Andrew Dice Clay of wrestling, full of bluster and malignant narcissism, except not as funny

Are you saying that AJ is actually playing a character and creating a commentary on the modern-day, self-absorbed, social media loving dumb jock?  Or that he just truly acts like the "Diceman" character?

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

Are you saying that AJ is actually playing a character and creating a commentary on the modern-day, self-absorbed, social media loving dumb jock?  Or that he just truly acts like the "Diceman" character?

AJ as real life allegory.

Didn’t think I’d read that one today.

• Fire 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:44 PM, 1032004 said:

i saw that but then today he posted another clip from a BJJ gym in florida, is he going back and forth or just stockpiling clips? The annoying thing about this is how dumb he is, makes him very difficult to predict

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."