Border Wars

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Except illegals have been crossing that border in large numbers for many decades. Through both R and D administrations. And it has been illegal for them to do it the entire time.

None have been able to resolve the problem. None. Zero.

But you keep blaming whoever you want to use as the scapegoat.

Keep conveniently ignoring the fact that it is an incredibly complicated and difficult problem that nobody has been able to resolve. And don't bring up the fact that it was documented that Trump had many illegal immigrants working at his golf course in Florida. After that fact was revealed, they kept working there.

It's just one of those problems that nobody has been able to solve. Everything else is political grandstanding and BS.

It's also worth noting that there ARE Republicans trying to work on this issue.  James Lankford is among the most conservative members of either house of Congress by voting record, and he's out here explaining how these changes to law and policy are needed, but because Donald Trump has said he wants it to fail to enhance his campaign, many people of that political persuasion are perfectly comfortable with it.  Literally choosing party over country. 

• Fire 1

suck it, Vak.

Biden campaigned on open borders. then you voted for him. then he undid all the policies in place.

cry about it.

he gave you exactly what you asked for.

but hey, at least you finally admit there's a border problem.

five minutes ago y'all dems said it was a myth perpetuated by us crazy people on the right despite their being videos (and data) every single day.

i would say 'that's progress' but you're still making excuses for the scumbags in congress and will invariably voted D all the way down the ballot again. 

• Fire 3

TBD

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It's also worth noting that there ARE Republicans trying to work on this issue.  James Lankford is among the most conservative members of either house of Congress by voting record, and he's out here explaining how these changes to law and policy are needed, but because Donald Trump has said he wants it to fail to enhance his campaign, many people of that political persuasion are perfectly comfortable with it.  Literally choosing party over country. 

Like Biden has been doing for over three years.  Why did he wait until now???  

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

suck it, Vak.

No.  Flattered, but no thanks.

Biden campaigned on open borders.

He did not, this is just a talking point you're regurgitating without anything to back it up.

then you voted for him.

I did, for the first time in my entire life, vote for a Democrat for president in 2020.  I can't remember every vote ever, but I'm pretty sure it was my second vote ever for a major office that was a Democrat.

then he undid all the policies in place.

He did not.

cry about it.

he gave you exactly what you asked for.

How do you know what I asked for?

but hey, at least you finally admit there's a border problem.

You're just arguing about things for the sake of arguing.  Also, yes, there is clearly a problem on the border NOW.  That doesn't mean there has always been a problem on the border.

five minutes ago y'all dems said it was a myth perpetuated by us crazy people on the right despite their being videos (and data) every single day.

Captain Straw Man!

i would say 'that's progress' but you're still making excuses for the scumbags in congress and will invariably voted D all the way down the ballot again. 

Possibly, because I'm in Florida and all the Republicans here are insane.  All in all, you're arguing like a 5 year old on this topic.  It's akin to if, hypothetically, your house caught fire because your wife smoked and you refused to do anything about it because "it's her fault, and I told her not to smoke."  As has been mentioned previously, this a problem that goes back decades and all previous administrations had failed to find a solution.

Including under Trump, whose policies mostly curtailed LEGAL immigration and really didn't have much effect at all on ILLEGAL immigration.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-reduced-legal-immigration-he-did-not-reduce-illegal-immigration

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/03/02/how-border-apprehensions-ice-arrests-and-deportations-have-changed-under-trump/

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/the-facts-on-the-increase-in-illegal-immigration/

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-02-02/trump-didn-t-actually-accomplish-much-on-immigration?embedded-checkout=true

42 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Like Biden has been doing for over three years.  Why did he wait until now???  

This is just false.  I know you struggle with basic civics understanding and, like, object permanence, but when legislation starts appearing or being discussed, it didn't just happen yesterday.  It's typically the results of months or years of negotiating.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

No.  Flattered, but no thanks.

He did not, this is just a talking point you're regurgitating without anything to back it up.

I did, for the first time in my entire life, vote for a Democrat for president in 2020.  I can't remember every vote ever, but I'm pretty sure it was my second vote ever for a major office that was a Democrat.

He did not.

How do you know what I asked for?

You're just arguing about things for the sake of arguing.  Also, yes, there is clearly a problem on the border NOW.  That doesn't mean there has always been a problem on the border.

Captain Straw Man!

Possibly, because I'm in Florida and all the Republicans here are insane.  All in all, you're arguing like a 5 year old on this topic.  It's akin to if, hypothetically, your house caught fire because your wife smoked and you refused to do anything about it because "it's her fault, and I told her not to smoke."  As has been mentioned previously, this a problem that goes back decades and all previous administrations had failed to find a solution.

Including under Trump, whose policies mostly curtailed LEGAL immigration and really didn't have much effect at all on ILLEGAL immigration.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-reduced-legal-immigration-he-did-not-reduce-illegal-immigration

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/03/02/how-border-apprehensions-ice-arrests-and-deportations-have-changed-under-trump/

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/the-facts-on-the-increase-in-illegal-immigration/

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-02-02/trump-didn-t-actually-accomplish-much-on-immigration?embedded-checkout=true

This is just false.  I know you struggle with basic civics understanding and, like, object permanence, but when legislation starts appearing or being discussed, it didn't just happen yesterday.  It's typically the results of months or years of negotiating.

It’s far from false.  He doesn’t want to shut the border down. Biden could have Done in year one what’s he’s proposing now.  Funny how there’s an election coming up and he knows trump wants to run on that platform and bam he can all of a sudden get it done.  If there’s anyone that struggles with civics it’s you. 

On day 1 of taking over the Oval Office Uncle Joe began the voyage of implementing a record number of Executive Orders.  He doesn’t need the senate to invoke one on the border.  Pretty simple fix if he really wants to close it. 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

It’s far from false.  He doesn’t want to shut the border down. Biden could have Done in year one what’s he’s proposing now.  Funny how there’s an election coming up and he knows trump wants to run on that platform and bam he can all of a sudden get it done.  If there’s anyone that struggles with civics it’s you. 

Just a fundamental lack of understanding of how our government is designed.  If Biden could do it, so could Trump.  Why didn't he?  Because it's not as simple as you say it is.

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Just a fundamental lack of understanding of how our government is designed.  If Biden could do it, so could Trump.  Why didn't he?  Because it's not as simple as you say it is.

Nice rebuttal with the but but but Trump didn’t do it.  Bahahahahahahah. The situation wasn’t nearly as bad as what it is now. Biden basically invited immigrants to come here (I love the videos of them thanking him and wearing his t-shirts upon arrival).  Face it the border crisis was by design.  He could use an executive order today if he wanted to. 

Edited by JimmyBT

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

Nice rebuttal with the but but but Trump didn’t do it.  Bahahahahahahah. The situation wasn’t nearly as bad as what it is now. Biden basically invited immigrants to come here (I love the videos of them thanking him and wearing his t-shirts upon arrival).  Face it the border crisis was by design.  He could use an executive order today if he wanted to. 

Which would then be challenged dozens times and be enjoined from happening, which is why EOs shouldn't be used for extremely complicated issues and why Republicans have wanted the things being discussed to be done but, now that they're getting it, lots of them don't want it because they perceive it might help Biden politically or hurt Trump's election chances.  Thank you for perfectly illustrating both your own ignorance and the point.

• Fire 1

Just now, VakAttack said:

Which would then be challenged dozens times and be enjoined from happening, which is why EOs shouldn't be used for extremely complicated issues and why Republicans have wanted the things being discussed to be done but, now that they're getting it, lots of them don't want it because they perceive it might help Biden politically or hurt Trump's election chances.  Thank you for perfectly illustrating both your own ignorance and the point.

Actually would be a good move politically for Biden and his sheeples  that are too stupid to realize why he waited until now . 🤦‍♂️ 

• Fire 1

Again...why is this so complicated as some point out?  Enforce the freaking laws...period!!  Can go back and forth on the R's are blocking progress or the D's are blocking progress, but just enforce the laws.  The biggest difference I see in terms of the R's vs. D's is that Trump wanted to shut down the boarder and was blocked over and over, but Biden has done nothing, and it has gotten worse...until now he wants to do something because it is finally acknowledged by him and his administration...because of the election.  So ridiculous.

To me it all goes back to our congress seem to never be able to work together...wish there was an easier way to get people out when they refuse to do their job.  I personally would rather see something done even if it isn't a complete fix to the problem versus doing nothing because of D vs. R crap.

And yes our boarders should and need to be secure.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Again...why is this so complicated as some point out?  Enforce the freaking laws...period!!  Can go back and forth on the R's are blocking progress or the D's are blocking progress, but just enforce the laws.  The biggest difference I see in terms of the R's vs. D's is that Trump wanted to shut down the boarder and was blocked over and over, but Biden has done nothing, and it has gotten worse...until now he wants to do something because it is finally acknowledged by him and his administration...because of the election.  So ridiculous.

To me it all goes back to our congress seem to never be able to work together...wish there was an easier way to get people out when they refuse to do their job.  I personally would rather see something done even if it isn't a complete fix to the problem versus doing nothing because of D vs. R crap.

And yes our boarders should and need to be secure.

Because the law in the area of immigration are incredibly complex, and often contradictory, due to administrations going back and forth.  Part of this current bipartisan negotiation involves (according to the negotiators) streamlining the system.

50 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Biden set a record for the number of executive orders written. But but but don’t use it now.  Hahahhahahahahhahaha

Great.  And EOs in this area are extremely ineffective, as Trump found out.  The law is too complex, contradictory, and ripe for multiple different challenges, which means nothing happens and the problem just sits there and worsens.  Something passed by Congress and signed into law is MUCH more effective in general and especially in a circumstance like this.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Because the law in the area of immigration are incredibly complex

how can it be soooo complex and yet so unprecedented? 

just stop. you're simply an apologist for what was a clear plan by biden that has incalculable damage. 

• Fire 1

TBD

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

This is just false.  I know you struggle with basic civics understanding 

yeah, i'm the one struggling

image.png

• Fire 1

TBD

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

how can it be soooo complex and yet so unprecedented? 

just stop. you're simply an apologist for what was a clear plan by biden that has incalculable damage. 

I promise you can find information for yourself.

https://www.bushcenter.org/catalyst/immigration/hollifield-immigration-reform

https://www.sir.advancedleadership.harvard.edu/articles/immigration-reform-yes-its-complicated-but-we-can-change-it-if-we-dont-look-away

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2023/10/16/heres-why-legal-immigration-is-so-difficult/71203821007/

duh. i knew you were going to miss the ***ducking** mark there.

he promised to. that article is an immigration group pleading for him to do more.

he campaigned on it Vak. you're either lying, unaware, or disingenuous. 

TBD

Just now, Husker_Du said:

duh. i knew you were going to miss the ***ducking** mark there.

he promised to. that article is an immigration group pleading for him to do more.

So you're argument is that he ran on open borders, but didn't do it, and his lack of opening the borders is destroying the border security?  Or that the article you're citing is lying, and he did open the borders, but also we should take their representations about his campaign at face value despite their lies?

• Fire 1