Border Wars

36 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Leave them in Mexico until their hearing date. Again pretty simple. 

Give them sleeping bags, a tent ,a bunch MRE's and several gallons of water.  Or go back home and wait.

Silly...  @Le duke, breathe in, hold 4, breathe out, hold 4s, repeat the box breathing, calm down, and reread the message.

Rather than 'controlling' (your words) the media, the government will legally pay for advertising as it already does.  And the media will freely promote the news regarding the government's war on illegal immigration.  Ratings = clicks = profit.  This message will inform the illegal immigrants the same way they learn about the open border (their network).

Rather than walking up to random American moms on the streets (your words), it will be performed during illegal immigrant encounters 'at the border.'  This is entirely legal and predates Trump!  See this and the trafficking victims protection reauthorization act.

Enforced law and the repercussions get the word out... 

Edited by jross
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

You realize that Trump’s most lasting impact on immigration was on crippling LEGAL immigration to this country, right?

And?  I support legal immigration.  Yet, zero legal immigrants is temporary tolerable if that means zero illegal immigrants.

Edited by jross
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

every day, another story

Truly an awful story.  He's also been deported 4 times previous to this most recent tragedy.  I'm not sure what you're going for with this story

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/01/17/broomfield-crash-rioradn-melissa-powell-dui-jose-menjivar-ice-immigration/

Not only that, but he was back in the country during the Trump presidency.  That's not an indictment of Trump, it's just emblematic of how difficult a problem this is to solve. 

https://nypost.com/2023/12/22/news/alleged-drunk-driver-with-3-dui-convictions-kills-mom-son/

The truth is, statistically, the crime rates among undocumented people is lower than the general US population.  That of course doesn't change the awful thing that happened to this family or that he has criminal history and is highly likely to be guilty of this most recent tragedy.  Nor does it mean that there shouldn't be border enforcement

https://www.ojp.gov/library/publications/comparing-crime-rates-between-undocumented-immigrants-legal-immigrants-and

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, mspart said:

So Vak, tell us why Biden cannot staunch the flow to pre Biden levels.   Perhaps not zero, but reduce it substantially below the historic levels we now have.   I would be greatly surprised if there is nothing he can do.   I'm sure that is what you will say though.   It is apparent Biden doesn't want to do anything, or he would have done it by now.   As President who is duty bound to enact and administer the law, he is supposed to enforce the immigration laws.   He is choosing not to which is a dereliction of duty.   Here is what he could do with the powers he has now. 

- He could close the border entry points now.  Allow only passport holders or green card holders through.   Trucks could be searched for crashers.  

- He could leave up the razor wire TX has implemented.

- He could quit with the bogus asylum claims

- He could allow Border patrol to detain and expel border crossers.

- He could start rounding up illegals that have entered and take them back across the border.  

- Withhold federal funding of cities and states that refuse to comply with federal immigration law enforcement. 

- Deport illegals that commit crimes

Please state why he cannot do at least one of the above, if not all of the above. 

mspart

The last guy, literally, tortured children(separating them from their parents and didn't take records well enough to reunite them with their families) to try to keep people from coming in and that did not stop them. They thought of the cruelest thing possible other than shooting them(which has been floated as an idea by people in Texas, YeeHaw! They reluctantly put up razor wire instead, sad face) and it still did not work. Has there been any negative consequences to that, I wonder?

What else could possibly be done to keep people from risking THAT to get here? Napalm? 

Idea: try to help the countries they are coming from, from being in the condition that would warrant taking such a risk. 

Answer: but we can't take care of our own people. 

Answer to the answer: We can, we also choose not to. 

Answer to the answer to the answer: well then why don't you open your house to a vet or a homeless person. Because I obviously don't want that in my back yard. 

Answer to the 4th power: that is why we can't fix the homeless issue, because of that response and the people who think its clever or helpful. You dunked on homeless people. Flex on, brudda! 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jross said:

Declare it, communicate it, fund it, enforce it.

Allocate the currently approved military funds to protect the border, build the wall, add technology, and add staff.

Advertise over social media and the news that "Illegal immigrants are not welcome here.  Illegals will be detained, fined, barred from reentry, and charged with a crime.  If you cannot prove your relationship to children with you at the border, you will be separated from them for their safety."  Continuously use the media propaganda engine against illegal immigration.

Create a public-facing page with photos and information for illegal immigrants who are deported, and highlight deported folks over media each week.  Create a page with the illegal immigrant encounters at the border.

Take the shackles off border control and supplement with the National Guard.

People seeking asylum are ALWAYS welcome here. 

43 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

The last guy, literally, tortured children(separating them from their parents and didn't take records well enough to reunite them with their families) to try to keep people from coming in and that did not stop them. They thought of the cruelest thing possible other than shooting them(which has been floated as an idea by people in Texas, YeeHaw! They reluctantly put up razor wire instead, sad face) and it still did not work. Has there been any negative consequences to that, I wonder?

What else could possibly be done to keep people from risking THAT to get here? Napalm? 

Idea: try to help the countries they are coming from, from being in the condition that would warrant taking such a risk. 

Answer to the answer to the answer: well then why don't you open your house to a vet or a homeless person. Because I obviously don't want that in my back yard. 

Answer to the 4th power: that is why we can't fix the homeless issue, because of that response and the people who think its clever or helpful. You dunked on homeless people. Flex on, brudda! 

38 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

People seeking asylum are ALWAYS welcome here. 

After their hearing and legal approval.  yep 

38 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Some of your responses man o man.

Did Trump 'literally' torture children?  LOL.

If we choose not to take care of our own people, why are you talking about caring for other's people?  Are you the guy asking for a raise and promotion right after your employer announces financial distress and layoffs?  Timing!

To expand the homeless conversation.  Have you read into and watched interviews with many homeless that share they are homeless by choice?  It's not always money, shelter, and rehab access.

• Fire 1

46 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Psycho Babble from the “say” gooder do nothing crowd 

• Fire 1

44 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

'I AM in favor of cutting off my nose to spite my face. What of it!?' 

Go ahead and lay out your criticism in detail and consider supporting it with data.  What would be the long-term impact of temporarily stopping legal immigration while eliminating illegal immigration?  

31 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Some of the best and most reliable pro-government institutions. No notes!

I can remember my naivety of being pro-government.  When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, jross said:

Go ahead and lay out your criticism in detail and consider supporting it with data.  What would be the long-term impact of temporarily stopping legal immigration while eliminating illegal immigration?  

Millions of students would be unable to get to and from school. Sports ball players would not be allowed in or out. Short term.

Long term. Countries would stop sending students here. schools need that money. More taxes would need to be taken from you to help offset those costs. 

But your bigotry is important to placate in the mean time. 

4 hours ago, jross said:

Some of your responses man o man.

Did Trump 'literally' torture children?  LOL.

If we choose not to take care of our own people, why are you talking about caring for other's people?  Are you the guy asking for a raise and promotion right after your employer announces financial distress and layoffs?  Timing!

To expand the homeless conversation.  Have you read into and watched interviews with many homeless that share they are homeless by choice?  It's not always money, shelter, and rehab access.

Yes. It is torture. You might only feel that waterboarding and electro shock is considered torture but psychological torture does exist and causes real damage. If you were unaware of that, it would be surprising but not shocking. 

Do you agree that separating children from their parents is torture? 

How about not having the decency to collect/retain info to reunite the children with their parents? Should that be taken up by congress as a potentially criminal act? I would love to see your answer, as to why or why not?