Border Wars

Soo....what the people living on the boarder and the boarder control agents have to say means nothing, huh?  The boarder is a freaking mess!! 

Still have yet to hear how specifically the laws are so complicated that we can't keep people from overwhelming the boarder...I don't buy it just because one person says so...sorry Vak.  This is more than rhetoric...we could secure our boarders if we/congress/president truly wanted to.  Politics, and not "complicated laws" is the reason the boarder is a mess.  If it was shut down, a portion of our population (those like TPT and BB) would lose their freaking minds and that is what politicians are afraid of.  Add on top of that the stupid grandstanding of R's vs. D's.

How a secure boarder is this not a priority for some people and think it's better to just let people in versus shut it down until we come up with a better solution is beyond me.  The whole crap of the current boarder situation is best summed up by the illegal who attacked a cop and gets let out of jail right away and flips off the camera...

• Fire 1

Nope:
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/14/912060869/biden-pledges-to-dismantle-trumps-sweeping-immigration-changes-but-can-he-do-tha
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is pledging to dismantle the sweeping changes President Trump has made to the American immigration system, if he wins the White House in November.
mspart

You realize that Trump’s most lasting impact on immigration was on crippling LEGAL immigration to this country, right?

Even the CATO Institute disagrees with Trump on that. Just terrible, misguided policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some data:   https://cis.org/Report/Estimating-Illegal-Immigrant-Population-Using-Current-Population-Survey
image.png.00eb6f6363dd1d44f4212ffb09c5023e.png
Notice the time line;  From 2016 to Feb 2022 (almost 2 years ago).   Notice that the numbers declined per DHS figures.  And notice the massive drop that occurred just before Biden came into office Jan 2021.   Now notice the rise since Biden came into office.   Make your own conclusions.
mspart

My conclusion: illegal immigration is fueled by demand for low skilled workers.

7 minutes ago, Le duke said:

You realize that Trump’s most lasting impact on immigration was on crippling LEGAL immigration to this country, right?

Even the CATO Institute disagrees with Trump on that. Just terrible, misguided policy.

Oh I guess you gave it to me.   Ouch, I'm hurting now.    You got me where I live.   Ha!

What does that have to do with illegal immigration that is the topic of this discussion and is causing havoc in NT, MA, and IL, TX, FL, NM, AZ, CA and other states?   

Nobody has an issue with legal immigration per the law of the land.   It is illegal immigration against the laws of the land that have become a major issue.   And Biden does not appear to be moving committedly on it, he will close the border if it gets overwhelmed after a new bill passes.   The super secret triple dog dare meaning of that is he will not close the border.  

I don't care what Vak says, Biden could close the border now with the authority he has via present immigration law.   If that is too hard, he could allow Border Patrol to do their jobs and slow down the flow.   Neither of which he seems eager to even try.   He won't do anything without a proper immigration bill and once that passes will not do anything other than point to it and say See, we did something. 

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 1

How does one “close the border”?

What does that mean?

I keep on seeing this phrase and it’s so laughable a concept that I feel bad for anyone dumb enough to say it in a serious manner.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

What does that mean?

I keep on seeing this phrase and it’s so laughable a concept that I feel bad for anyone dumb enough to say it in a serious manner.

Ask Biden. He recently  said he could shut it down. I guess he’s dumb enough huh??????

Edited by JimmyBT

Just now, Le duke said:

It is laughable and I feel bad for someone dumb enough to say the flow cannot be decreased greatly or stopped entirely.   Either would be a better situation than doing nothing which is what someone on here appears dumb enough to say.

mspart

• Fire 3

It is laughable and I feel bad for someone dumb enough to say the flow cannot be decreased greatly or stopped entirely.   Either would be a better situation than doing nothing which is what someone on here appears dumb enough to say.
mspart

Explain how it should be done. As I asked in the post you quoted, but failed to actually address.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

I don't care what Vak says, Biden could close the border now with the authority he has via present immigration law.   If that is too hard, he could allow Border Patrol to do their jobs and slow down the flow.   Neither of which he seems eager to even try.   He won't do anything without a proper immigration bill and once that passes will not do anything other than point to it and say See, we did something. 

mspart

And therein lies the problem with most political discourse.  No information on the subject and dismissing opinions of others who do.

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

And therein lies the problem with most political discourse.  No information on the subject and dismissing opinions of others who do.

So Vak, tell us why Biden cannot staunch the flow to pre Biden levels.   Perhaps not zero, but reduce it substantially below the historic levels we now have.   I would be greatly surprised if there is nothing he can do.   I'm sure that is what you will say though.   It is apparent Biden doesn't want to do anything, or he would have done it by now.   As President who is duty bound to enact and administer the law, he is supposed to enforce the immigration laws.   He is choosing not to which is a dereliction of duty.   Here is what he could do with the powers he has now. 

- He could close the border entry points now.  Allow only passport holders or green card holders through.   Trucks could be searched for crashers.  

- He could leave up the razor wire TX has implemented.

- He could quit with the bogus asylum claims

- He could allow Border patrol to detain and expel border crossers.

- He could start rounding up illegals that have entered and take them back across the border.  

- Withhold federal funding of cities and states that refuse to comply with federal immigration law enforcement. 

- Deport illegals that commit crimes

Please state why he cannot do at least one of the above, if not all of the above. 

mspart

12 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Explain how it should be done. As I asked in the post you quoted, but failed to actually address.

Declare it, communicate it, fund it, enforce it.

Allocate the currently approved military funds to protect the border, build the wall, add technology, and add staff.

Advertise over social media and the news that "Illegal immigrants are not welcome here.  Illegals will be detained, fined, barred from reentry, and charged with a crime.  If you cannot prove your relationship to children with you at the border, you will be separated from them for their safety."  Continuously use the media propaganda engine against illegal immigration.

Create a public-facing page with photos and information for illegal immigrants who are deported, and highlight deported folks over media each week.  Create a page with the illegal immigrant encounters at the border.

Take the shackles off border control and supplement with the National Guard.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, jross said:

Declare it, communicate it, fund it, enforce it.

Allocate the currently approved military funds to protect the border, build the wall, add technology, and add staff.

Advertise over social media and the news that "Illegal immigrants are not welcome here.  Illegals will be detained, fined, barred from reentry, and charged with a crime.  If you cannot prove your relationship to children with you at the border, you will be separated from them for their safety."  Continuously use the media propaganda engine against illegal immigration.

Create a public-facing page with photos and information for illegal immigrants who are deported, and highlight deported folks over media each week.  Create a page with the illegal immigrant encounters at the border.

Take the shackles off border control and supplement with the National Guard.

Do you realize how many illegal things you advocated for here?

Like, you realize that the government can't control the media, right? This isn't China. 

There are very specific things that the NG can be used for, by law. You might want to look into that. DSCA has very specific limitations. As does DSCLE.

Also, if you walked up to a random American mom and her kids on the street, how would she provide proof that she is their mother, right then and there?

2 hours ago, mspart said:

So Vak, tell us why Biden cannot staunch the flow to pre Biden levels.   Perhaps not zero, but reduce it substantially below the historic levels we now have.   I would be greatly surprised if there is nothing he can do.   I'm sure that is what you will say though.   It is apparent Biden doesn't want to do anything, or he would have done it by now.   As President who is duty bound to enact and administer the law, he is supposed to enforce the immigration laws.   He is choosing not to which is a dereliction of duty.   Here is what he could do with the powers he has now. 

- He could close the border entry points now.  Allow only passport holders or green card holders through.   Trucks could be searched for crashers.  

- He could leave up the razor wire TX has implemented.

- He could quit with the bogus asylum claims

- He could allow Border patrol to detain and expel border crossers.

- He could start rounding up illegals that have entered and take them back across the border.  

- Withhold federal funding of cities and states that refuse to comply with federal immigration law enforcement. 

- Deport illegals that commit crimes

Please state why he cannot do at least one of the above, if not all of the above. 

mspart

1) That's exactly what happens right now at PoEs.

2) When a Border Control agent gets caught in it and dies, that's going to be a big problem.

3) You can't determine that someone has a "bogus asylum claim" unless you actually have an asylum hearing. So, they have to be inside the US in order to have that hearing, before a qualified judge. 

4) Border control detains and deports border crossers in the hundreds, every single day.

5) Illegal immigrants are still detained, processed and deported, by the hundreds or thousands, every single day.

6) Illegal immigrants that commit crimes are deported, every single day.

7) Texas refuses to round up the 1,600,000 illegal immigrants in the state. Florida isn't removing the 900,000 within its state lines. What would the mechanism to deny them funding be, exactly? I'd love to know.

Edited by Le duke

Your media assertion is a joke.   The government can say whatever they want on social media, can take out whatever ad space they want in print and digital media to get those messages out.   No need to do it illegally.   That is a straw rabbit  you have there.    I don't have time to critique your other absurd assertions.   Because they are absurd. 

Andrew Spratt on X: "Siege engine 'Rabbit' in Monty Python's Holy Grail  (Doune Castle) . 'Sow' siege attacking Dunbar Castle in 1338 that Black  Agnes smashed with boulders and siege of Roxburgh

mspart 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

Your media assertion is a joke.   The government can say whatever they want on social media, can take out whatever ad space they want in print and digital media to get those messages out.   No need to do it illegally.   That is a straw rabbit  you have there.    I don't have time to critique your other absurd assertions.   Because they are absurd. 

Andrew Spratt on X: "Siege engine 'Rabbit' in Monty Python's Holy Grail  (Doune Castle) . 'Sow' siege attacking Dunbar Castle in 1338 that Black  Agnes smashed with boulders and siege of Roxburgh

mspart 

And if Facebook, NYT, Google, YouTube refuse to run those ads? 

55 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Do you realize how many illegal things you advocated for here?

Like, you realize that the government can't control the media, right? This isn't China. 

There are very specific things that the NG can be used for, by law. You might want to look into that. DSCA has very specific limitations. As does DSCLE.

Also, if you walked up to a random American mom and her kids on the street, how would she provide proof that she is their mother, right then and there?

1) That's exactly what happens right now at PoEs.

2) When a Border Control agent gets caught in it and dies, that's going to be a big problem.

3) You can't determine that someone has a "bogus asylum claim" unless you actually have an asylum hearing. So, they have to be inside the US in order to have that hearing, before a qualified judge. 

4) Border control detains and deports border crossers in the hundreds, every single day.

5) Illegal immigrants are still detained, processed and deported, by the hundreds or thousands, every single day.

6) Illegal immigrants that commit crimes are deported, every single day.

7) Texas refuses to round up the 1,600,000 illegal immigrants in the state. Florida isn't removing the 900,000 within its state lines. What would the mechanism to deny them funding be, exactly? I'd love to know.

Leave them in Mexico until their hearing date. Again pretty simple. 

• Fire 1

Then you put it on the ones that will.  

So, websites that the vast majority of illegal immigrants are never going to see?

How would that be effective? Advertising on OAN or Drudge isn’t going to reach the target audience.

29 minutes ago, Le duke said:

So, websites that the vast majority of illegal immigrants are never going to see?

How would that be effective? Advertising on OAN or Drudge isn’t going to reach the target audience.

Twitter, Fox, NY Post 

• Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Le duke said:

If Biden says it it will get out there just like it does now when he invites them 

• Fire 1