141: Jesse Mendez dec Sergio Lemley 6-3

149: Austin Gomez dec Dylan D'Emilio 6-6

157: Will Lewan dec Isaac Wilcox 9-6

165: Cam Amine dec Bryce Hepner 12-6

174: Rocco Welsh dec Shane Griffith 12-9

184: Jaden Bullock dec Seth Shumate 15-9

197: Luke Geog major Bobby Striggow 15-11

285: Lucas Davison dec Nick Feldman 18-11

Nice picks, should be a good one. 165 could be interesting with both guys coming off some horrible losses.

• Fire 1

36 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Methinks Davison is about to welcome Feldman to the B1G leagues

i thnik so, feldman hasn't shown what I thought he would so far, from what I've seen him and mullen would be competitive, which they weren't in high school....and Mullen just finished playing football....

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Yeah I thought Feldman would be higher up there at this point, but maybe that's my own fault.  He almost majored that guy from Hoftstra (who was top12ish) at a college open while still in high school, heck after that win he'd probably be ranked two years ago where he is now. 

Sounds like his redshirt year though was an injury, so maybe that set him back. 

• Fire 1

I think DeAuggie has just too much 'old' in him for McCrone to handle.  Not a very good style matchup for McCrone.  The score might seem close, but I think DeAuggie wins a controlled 8-3 or 8-6 Decision type match where he gets the RT, but gives up a late TD.

UofM 3-0

Man, oh man... I know Ragusin has that DAWG in him, but I don't like how he matches up with Bouzakis.  I think Bouzakis has the horsepower to make it a long night for Ragusin and so long as he avoids the big move I think he takes it.  I'll give Ragusin the opening takedown, but Bouzakis wins the TD battle 3-1 and comes out on top via Decision 11-5 with a takedown with about 30 seconds and a rideout to secure RT.

Tied 3-3

Another matchup that I am particularly concerned for the UofM gent.  I think Mendez picks him apart to a tune of a 13-2 or 16-3 Major.  Add a point for RT if you like.

tOSU 7-3

I think if D'Emilio can keep this close he might be able to chase him down in the 3rd.  I don't think he'll do it, though.  Gomez hits a bit 7 pointer in the first and goes in to the 2nd with a 10-1 lead and a cushy 45 second RT advantage.  It ends up being too much of a sprint for D-Emilio and while get gets two stalling points in the third, he drops a 12-9 Decision to Gomez.

tOSU 7-6

I think this ends up being a typical 4-1 Lewan match over Wilcox.  No explanation needed.

UofM 9-7 at the break.

Neither looked particularly good this last weekend.  Amine looked lethargic and I have a feeling we see Mantanona here.  I also think he comes out with a bang and beats Hepner.  Wrestlestat agrees to a Decision tune of 11-9.  Let's go with that.

UofM 12-7

I think Griffith knows the game a little better at this point and wins a 4-2 Decision with an early counter takedown off Welsh.  If It's Walker here, it'll be a similar score the other way.

UofM 15-7

This would be a good match for Rogotzke to shed his shirt, if that is the plan.  I don't think it is and I think we end up seeing Gavin Bell here (I believe the rumors are that Shumate and Hoffman are dinged up yeah?).  If Bell is too heavy (if he weighed in over 186.8 in his 197lb match last weekend he won't be able to wrestle 184 this weekend), it could be Carter Chase we see here.  I think Bullock gets a Major on Bell, though.  Will be worse against Chase.  16-6 Major.

UofM 19-7

I am hoping we see Rogers here again.  I am not sure he beats Geog, but it is a toss-up.  Wrestlestat calls it a one point match.  Sure.  5-4 Decision.  RT for Geog might happen, too.

UofM 19-10

I think Davison is just too much for Feldman right now and ends up taking the Takedown battle comfortably 4-0.  Add in riding time and it is 13-3/14-4 type match.  Just a bad matchup right now for Feldman.

UofM 23-10

Michigan wins.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Yeah I thought Feldman would be higher up there at this point, but maybe that's my own fault.  He almost majored that guy from Hoftstra (who was top12ish) at a college open while still in high school, heck after that win he'd probably be ranked two years ago where he is now. 

Sounds like his redshirt year though was an injury, so maybe that set him back. 

Feldman had to take almost an entire year off the mat.  This is basically his True Frosh season and he is doing it after a lengthy layoff.

• Fire 3

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think DeAuggie has just too much 'old' in him for McCrone to handle. 

How did that 'old' work for him against Penn St's 13 yr old?  Please tell me he shaved after that match.  🙂

• Haha 2

125: DeAugustino dec McCrone 3-0, Michigan

133: Ragusin dec Bouzakis 6-0 Michigan

141: Mendez major dec Lemley 6-4 Michigan

149: Gomez dec D'Emilio 9-4 Michigan

157: Lewan dec Wilcox 12-4 Michigan

165: Amine dec Hepner 15-4 Michigan

174: Griffith dec Welsh 18-4 Michigan

184: Bullock dec Shumate 21-4 Michigan

197: Geog dec Striggow 21-7 Michigan

285: Davison dec Feldman 24-7 Michigan

I'm a bit surprised I'm picking such wide of a margin on my first run through, giving 8/10 matches to Michigan. I guess I'm hedging and taking experience over youth and giving every match I would consider a toss-up to Michigan. 

I don't have a ton of confidence that it goes this way in the end. OSU is at home and it's a rivalry. I can envision a scenario where Ohio State gets off to hot start, sweeps every match from 125 through 149 and wins the dual. 

24 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

125: DeAugustino dec McCrone 3-0, Michigan

133: Ragusin dec Bouzakis 6-0 Michigan

141: Mendez major dec Lemley 6-4 Michigan

149: Gomez dec D'Emilio 9-4 Michigan

157: Lewan dec Wilcox 12-4 Michigan

165: Amine dec Hepner 15-4 Michigan

174: Griffith dec Welsh 18-4 Michigan

184: Bullock dec Shumate 21-4 Michigan

197: Geog dec Striggow 21-7 Michigan

285: Davison dec Feldman 24-7 Michigan

I'm a bit surprised I'm picking such wide of a margin on my first run through, giving 8/10 matches to Michigan. I guess I'm hedging and taking experience over youth and giving every match I would consider a toss-up to Michigan. 

I don't have a ton of confidence that it goes this way in the end. OSU is at home and it's a rivalry. I can envision a scenario where Ohio State gets off to hot start, sweeps every match from 125 through 149 and wins the dual. 

i agree except mendez won't major Lemley

Bucks don't match up well with UM but they've had a habit all season of wrestling better than expected.  Still, I think this is one where the Wolverines settle down and control a majority of the matches.

Hepner did beat Amine last year at the CSU Open.  Does that matter?

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

@MPhillips and @Ohio Elite vs @nhs67

125: Michael DeAugustino dec Brendan McCrone 3-0

133: Nick Bouzakis dec Dylan Ragusin 3-3

141: Jesse Mendez dec Sergio Lemley 6-3

149: Austin Gomez dec Dylan D'Emilio 6-6

157: Will Lewan dec Isaac Wilcox 9-6

165: Cam Amine dec Bryce Hepner 12-6

174: Rocco Welsh dec Shane Griffith 12-9

184: Jaden Bullock dec Seth Shumate 15-9

197: Luke Geog major Bobby Striggow 15-11

285: Lucas Davison dec Nick Feldman 18-11

You only gave Geog 2 points for his win at 197.  Score would be 18 to 13 . I'm calling Feldman with the upset to give Ohio State the win 16 to 15. Either way this should be a great dual .

• Fire 2

11 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

You only gave Geog 2 points for his win at 197.  Score would be 18 to 13 . I'm calling Feldman with the upset to give Ohio State the win 16 to 15. Either way this should be a great dual .

Good point.  Maybe kicks over the scoring table and throws a haymaker at the ref after he wins and they take two team points 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i agree except mendez won't major Lemley

Lemley was one of the guys who impressed me against Penn State. I think he's a guy who has the potential to be a multi-time AA. As good as he is now and will be in the future, I don't think he's quite ready for this version of Jesse Mendez.

I know Lemley's close match with Bartlett opened some eyes and probably elevated him to a lot of folks, but Bartlett's style welcomes close matches while Mendez is trying to wreck everyone in front of him. 

Mendez has bonus points in 15/18 matches this year. He's majored Hardy, majored and teched Cornella, and has two wins over Jack (including a fall). He also beat Happel (who majored Lemley) in the dual with UNI. 

I'm not saying there's no chance for Lemley to keep it close, but it's going to take a pretty big effort, thus my guess of a major. 

Frankly, if Ohio State and Penn State were wrestling this week, I'd be tempted to take Mendez by major over the version of Bartlett we saw against Lemley. 

Edited by TylerDurden
  • Fire 4

Frankly,  all I really want to see is a many good matches as possible and as few backups go as possible.  I get that guys get banged up or catch a sickness (frankly, a common cold shouldn't really be enough to keep you out but nowadays it does) but a lot of these duals aren't as exciting as they should be because of guys not wrestling.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

if he beat him last year he'll tech the guy we saw last week.

He'll tech the guy who also showed very little effort on the weekend and just got dismantled by Hamiti?

I think it's more likely we see Mantanona for Michigan or Chase for the Ohio State before we see Amine and Hepner wrestle this weekend.  Something was off with one or both of them.

11 hours ago, ionel said:

How did that 'old' work for him against Penn St's 13 yr old?  Please tell me he shaved after that match.  🙂

Doesn't count.

Davis is a Michigander, too. 🤤

Edit: McCrone might be the only 'kid' who looks younger than Davis in the B1G...

Edited by nhs67

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He'll tech the guy who also showed very little effort on the weekend and just got dismantled by Hamiti?

I think it's more likely we see Mantanona for Michigan or Chase for the Ohio State before we see Amine and Hepner wrestle this weekend.  Something was off with one or both of them.

well that was hyperbole, just saying amine looked horrible. 

My picks. 

125- DeAug dec. McCrone 3-0

133- Ragusin dec. Bouzakis 6-0

141- Mendez maj. Lemley 6-4

149- Gomez dec. D'Emilio 9-4

157- Lewan dec. Wilcox 12-4

165- Amine dec. Hepner 15-4

174- Griffith dec. Welsh 18-4

184- Bullock dec. Shumate 21-4

197- Geog dec. Striggow 21-7

285- Davison dec. Feldman 24-7