iowa perdue

Just now, VakAttack said:

You're criticizing sports fans for being sports fans. They root for their teams and against their opponents. 

maybe you guys could agree that most wrestling fan bases are pretty morally equivalent? Cause I don't think vak is defending booing and the don't think 87 is saying the iowa fans are bad people.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

You're criticizing sports fans for being sports fans. They root for their teams and against their opponents. 

The lack of self awareness and gentle indignation is what makes this perfect.  What you are referring to as “sports fans behavior” is what the rest if the world recognizes as Iowa fan behavior.

Welcome to watching wrestling, where home fans call for stalling very quickly. 

Oh I get it. None of these responses would occur if you didn’t question the original comment about the fans. We’re all just trying to help like on any wrestling board.

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

maybe you guys could agree that most wrestling fan bases are pretty morally equivalent? Cause I don't think vak is defending booing and the don't think 87 is saying the iowa fans are bad people.

Most definitely not, Iowa fans are great people, they’re just the Pats fans of wrestling, so dedicated to a team that passion overpowers objectivity.  We all do it for something.

Just now, wrestle87 said:

The lack of self awareness and gentle indignation is what makes this perfect.  What you are referring to as “sports fans behavior” is what the rest if the world recognizes as Iowa fan behavior.

You've never watched any sports I take it? Not a big rugby, football (soccer), football (American), MMA fan?

3 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I've been to the NCAA tournament multiple times, and multiple events in different parts of the country.  It's every fan base.  Whatever your preferred team is, they're no better, there's just fewer of them. 

Edited by VakAttack

3 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Oh I get it. None of these responses would occur if you didn’t question the original comment about the fans. We’re all just trying to help like on any wrestling board.

Booing the perceived lack of action during a match is different than booing the athlete after the conclusion of the match, the fans are responding to different things. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Booing the perceived lack of action during a match is different than booing the athlete after the conclusion of the match, the fans are responding to different things. 

Dude come on.  I can agree with everything you are saying about "general sports fan bases," but you have to know that carver is amongst the most lopsidedly officiated environments of any sport.  

1 minute ago, headshuck said:

I wonder how close Ramos was to giving the double bird spits when some boo’d him after the match?

They didn't boo him after the match until he did the Gladiator "are you not entertained" pose.  He wanted it, he got it.

25 minutes ago, Le duke said:

It’s early, but this is a front runner for worst wrestling-related post of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually.  Why did brooks or cstar not go in this exchange?    Let me know please.  

7 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

You've never watched any sports I take it? Not a big rugby, football (soccer), football (American), MMA fan?

This is a wrestling board, so "rest of the world" here means the wrestling world.

And yes, I have watched three of those four sports, even soccer when times are desperate.  If you enjoy cross-sport allegories, Iowa wrestling in Carver is the Ohio State or Michigan of College football depending on the year, the tom brady patriots of the nfl, and the jon jones/anderson silva of the mma world.  

I hope Franek gets his offense figured out, he earned this NIL opportunity for himself with a killer year last year, regular performances like that always make me worry about an early exit in march, which would be lame.