If Willy is our Dickie V is JB our Madden

Viratas

I consider JB our greatest ambassador right now.....articulate, great role model, has his "stuff" together and can express it so well..... Great to listen to!!  I don't think I would put him with those two.  He's special!!!  Another great announcer from past .....Keith Jackson, also I liked Jim McKay.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Not sure...JB is more our Jimmy Lennon Jr., IMO.

10 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

You're off.   JB is our Tony Romo.  

10 hours ago, ionel said:

There's only one Willy but which JB are we talking about?

First off, I was talking about Jordan Burroughs....greatest ambassador should have been a clue.  Second, I had to Google Jimmy Lennon Jr.....I watched boxing growing up/back in the day, but not anymore.....watch some MMA,  and lastly, I do like Tony Romo's announcing, I think he does a great job....still think Jordan B. is the best thing that's happened to our sports since Gable, back in the day and longer.

44 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

First off, I was talking about Jordan Burroughs....greatest ambassador should have been a clue.  Second, I had to Google Jimmy Lennon Jr.....I watched boxing growing up/back in the day, but not anymore.....watch some MMA,  and lastly, I do like Tony Romo's announcing, I think he does a great job....still think Jordan B. is the best thing that's happened to our sports since Gable, back in the day and longer.

Funny...I thought you were talking about Jason Borrelli!

59 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

I was talking Jordan Burroughs also.  And he does remind me of Tony Romo. His energy, enthusiasm, positive energy, likeability and they're both great at dissecting their respective sports

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

I was talking Jordan Burroughs also.  And he does remind me of Tony Romo. His energy, enthusiasm, positive energy, likeability and they're both great at dissecting their respective sports

Well said....I agree.....but in some of Jordan's interviews he even goes beyond the mat itself, talking about balancing family life with his training and there, he'll get into the training, including wt. management, competitive schedule, wt. training, technical stuff and more, not so much when he has the opportunity to announce but on Flo for example....loved his interview termed "Coffee With Jordan Burrough's", and then to be there the other day on television with his family at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as proof of what he talks about....great role model.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Fadzaev2 said:

29 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Well ... someone should break the news to @Jason Bryant.  😬  

Edited by ionel