Gabe Arnold Spank

cangemi

no need. respect the sport and competition. Brand needs get that under control.  Now I am totally switching hope Sarroci kicks his ass.

such a dump ass move try punk the other wrestler.

I am put off by it as well for the reasons noted.  I guess with professional opportunities and NIL, this may be some kind of increased showmanship?  Is it part of a changing NCAA wrestling culture?   

Hoping not - but might be something that cannot be stopped.  

I missed this.  Did the official even call some type of unsportsmanlike penalty for his actions?   Not that it changes the end of match results much but if something is officially noted the book and pointed against the wrestler or team the NCAA would have documentation to push coaches/ADs more to make sure it’s wrangled in more. 

1 hour ago, cangemi said:

no need. respect the sport and competition. Brand needs get that under control.  Now I am totally switching hope Sarroci kicks his ass.

such a dump ass move try punk the other wrestler.

Snow Winter GIF by Ripon College

22 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Lol. "I didn't like this thing I perceived as arrogant, so I will now root for notoriously humble Csrter Starocci."

Arrogant?  He hit his opponent, flipped him off, and then double flipped the entire crowd.  I think that's a bit more than just being arrogant.

• Confused 1

Arrogant?  He hit his opponent, flipped him off, and then double flipped the entire crowd.  I think that's a bit more than just being arrogant.

Gabe Arnold is not AJ Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

This thread is about Gabe Arnold. You are talking about Ferrari.

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

Spanking, punching a future teammate and then doing the double bird splits, a high schooler beating a returning national finalist, gambling suspension tantrums, Ivies splitting, Steveson rumors... is this turning out to be the weirdest season ever? I can't wait for NCAAs.

The "I saw Gable do it" is not an excuse to pop your top.  Nor is the "I saw Bo spank the heiny" an excuse to go all dominatrix on your opponent like Arnold did.  We need to hold inappropriate antics accountable, not just by the refs, but also coaches, parents, and fans.

• Fire 3

6 hours ago, BAC said:

Link here:

https://iasportsco.smoothcomp.com/en/event/14853/bracket/871606

Go to Round of 16 match with Adam Thebeau, then to 9:18.

Ref not paying attention and dings Nebraska for a point when he retaliates.  😐

I'm sure Iowa is fine with it.

I don’t think the head ref could see it from his angle, but if you look at 9:16, the ref on the side had a perfect view and doesn’t do a thing. That’s a situation where he needs to step in and make sure the right guy is penalized 

4 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I’m all for showmanship/arrogance/ swagger whatever you want to call it, to a degree…. Spanking a grown man is just weird though. 

In this day and age why should it be considered any different than spanking a woman or slapping someone in the face?