Who is the single greatest wrestler from your school?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Most people would say that the best Oregon State wrestlers of all-time is Les Gutches (2x NCAA champ, 1996 Hodge winner, World Champion), however it is probably Robin Reed, whose career has a lot of myth and legend attached to it. Reed went undefeated from 1921-1924 and won 3 national championships. He pinned his way though the 1924 Olympics to win the gold medal.  He actually won the Pacific Northwest Olympic Trials in 4 different weights. It was said he could pin every wrestler on the olympic team including the heavyweight. Below is a link to his story.

https://nwhof.org/hall_of_fame/bio/29

http://oregonsportshall.org/timeline/robin-reed-wrestling/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Reed

• Fire 3

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

It would easy to say Bill Koll (UNI), but competition wasn't the same 70 years ago than it has been in the past 20 years, so it's an impossible thing to say.

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

16 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

It would easy to say Bill Koll (UNI), but competition wasn't the same 70 years ago than it has been in the past 20 years, so it's an impossible thing to say.

Or Bill Nelson, but, like Koll, it was over 70 years ago.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

Mine is Gable Steveson.  He may “only have 2 NCAA titles but he has the 2 Hodges and the Olympic gold.

He may very well be the best wrestler that I've seen period, regardless of school and medals.

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

from my elementary School - Jon Trenge

from my first high school: Bruce Kelly or Bobby Telford

from my second high school: zero D1 wrestlers 

Ah, that makes me think.  Did the OP mean our high school, or the college team that we root for?  I did go to graduate school at UNI, so I'd be covered with college.

• Fire 1

From my kids' high school: 1.) Tony Ramos, 2.) Austin Gomez, 3.) Abe Assad, 4.) Jered Cortez

You’re from Carol Stream? Small world. I went to Wheaton North. Wrestled Austin’s uncle Joe a long, long time ago. Went to prom at GN once and got the stink eye from a couple of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Le duke said:

You’re from Carol Stream? Small world. I went to Wheaton North. Wrestled Austin’s uncle Joe a long, long time ago. Went to prom at GN once and got the stink eye from a couple of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until recently the only town in America named after a living person. Small world.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge