Creeps in the wrestling community - What can we do about it?

flyingcement

5 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

Willie spoke about this on his show, I think last summer.  Very creepy thumbnails with lots of crotch shots of kids.  They have cleaned it up somewhat after getting called out, but still very cringy.

That's just gross. My guess is the dude started posting high quality vids, realized what got the views, and ran with that for $$. 

His videos are higher quality than anything Flo or the like post, so ILLINI isn't wrong. 

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Looked up one of these creeps on YouTube. The comments on his videos are real ducking weird. I don't know if that's enough to condemn the guy but I do know that I felt a strange sense of discomfort (putting it mildly) that I never have before while reading comments on a wrestling video. It made me kinda sick to be honest

I did the same. I don't know that it would have stood out to me if I hadn't been looking.

Not sure what to make of all this...I'm too ignorant about all the accusations and haven't spent much time...but the kids in the videos did have pretty clear outlines. That's also Wrestling, so...IDK. 

I didn't read the comments though. 

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Real talk why hasn’t anyone just thrown these guys a beating? Especially parents who found pictures of their kids with perverts commenting on them and such , this isn’t a new thing I heard about these weirdos over a year ago and they live half a country away from me , I wouldn’t let these clowns anywhere near my kids and I would cause such an issue if this guy was reffing in my area that would have to get rid of him ..who gives a shit about the law when it comes to things like this ? 

• Fire 2
  • Clown 1

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Real talk why hasn’t anyone just thrown these guys a beating? Especially parents who found pictures of their kids with perverts commenting on them and such , this isn’t a new thing I heard about these weirdos over a year ago and they live half a country away from me , I wouldn’t let these clowns anywhere near my kids and I would cause such an issue if this guy was reffing in my area that would have to get rid of him ..who gives a shit about the law when it comes to things like this ? 

Thanks - I was thinking that myself but after a couple of recent conversations here on the board, it seems many folks only know how to be tough on the mat.  Whether an old fashioned beating, or some other creative way of screwing these guys over.  It's just not right.  Let's stand up for ourselves and our kids.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

Thanks - I was thinking that myself but after a couple of recent conversations here on the board, it seems many folks only know how to be tough on the mat.  Whether an old fashioned beating, or some other creative way of screwing these guys over.  It's just not right.  Let's stand up for ourselves and our kids.

Yea that’s absolutely crazy to me , I thought people in the Midwest had a little more back bone but apparently not bc if it took mrs .Schwab to really say something. I can promise where I grew up in a very Italian town in NJ these guys would’ve had bricks coming through their windows the first time this shit came out  and it would only gotten worse and more violent from there til the message was received ,no way they would’ve been able to do it as long as they have

• Clown 1

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea that’s absolutely crazy to me , I thought people in the Midwest had a little more back bone but apparently not bc if it took mrs .Schwab to really say something. I can promise where I grew up in a very Italian town in NJ these guys would’ve had bricks coming through their windows the first time this shit came out  and it would only gotten worse and more violent from there til the message was received ,no way they would’ve been able to do it as long as they have

same with me brother.  I don't get it.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Really?  There weren't these types of issues in Italian NJ towns from organizations like the Boy Scouts of America or The Catholic Church? What about that coach at Bergen Catholic in New Jersey who was defended even after extremely creepy text messages came out?

I have no clue what the solution to this problem is, but it's a huge problem and no community is immune from it.  Maybe there can be some type of civil legal taken that can be taken against these people if their actions are not considered criminal? If it's not currently a violation of civil law, maybe we can try to lobby states to pass laws limiting how video content of minors is shared?

• Fire 4

6 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Really?  There weren't these types of issues in Italian NJ towns from organizations like the Boy Scouts of America or The Catholic Church? What about that coach at Bergen Catholic in New Jersey who was defended even after extremely creepy text messages came out?

I have no clue what the solution to this problem is, but it's a huge problem and no community is immune from it.  Maybe there can be some type of civil legal taken that can be taken against these people if their actions are not considered criminal? If it's not currently a violation of civil law, maybe we can try to lobby states to pass laws limiting how video content of minors is shared?

So you use my very specific post about where I grew up to take a shot at the Boy Scouts, Catholic Church and Italians ? The Bergen coaches did nothing wrong , the kid who filed the complaint and his dad are psychos , the kid tried to injure his competition on the team multiple times, the father broke into the school and tried to rig the scale so his sons oppponent would miss weight for a wrestle off and the father almost lost his license to practice law because of all the BS in the lawsuit , how the hell does any of what you said correlate to the OP 

civil legal action ? Lobby states to pass laws? You mean lobby the same politicians who protect epsteins client list like it’s their daughters virtue ? Police and laws don’t ever stop weirdos like this ,  The whole point of what me and @flyingcement were saying is parents start throwing these guys beating then they’ll stop showing up to wrestling events , then if they stop showing up to wrestling events they can’t take creepy high def crotch shots of hs wrestlers and put them in the internet where literal perverts are commenting on the pics and sharing them to pedo websites 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

So you use my very specific post about where I grew up to take a shot at the Boy Scouts, Catholic Church and Italians ? The Bergen coaches did nothing wrong , the kid who filed the complaint and his dad are psychos , the kid tried to injure his competition on the team multiple times, the father broke into the school and tried to rig the scale so his sons oppponent would miss weight for a wrestle off and the father almost lost his license to practice law because of all the BS in the lawsuit , how the hell does any of what you said correlate to the OP 

civil legal action ? Lobby states to pass laws? You mean lobby the same politicians who protect epsteins client list like it’s their daughters virtue ? Police and laws don’t ever stop weirdos like this ,  The whole point of what me and @flyingcement were saying is parents start throwing these guys beating then they’ll stop showing up to wrestling events , then if they stop showing up to wrestling events they can’t take creepy high def crotch shots of hs wrestlers and put them in the internet where literal perverts are commenting on the pics and sharing them to pedo websites 

My point is that no community is immune from this behavior and people will defend those who do it in all those communities. It is a big problem that needs to be addressed. And yes, legal action is the best way.

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Fire 3

49 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

My point is that no community is immune from this behavior and people will defend those who do it in all those communities. It is a big problem that needs to be addressed. And yes, legal action is the best way.

Legal action is literally never the best way to deal with predators especially ones that target children, law enforcement knows about these guys and have done nothing , and hell nothing will happen if law enforcement makes a move , a teacher in my town was arrested for being a serial predator for years , even posing as a 12 yr old victims father and forcing her to get an abortion and this career predator who was tied to ruining the lives of 8 different little girls got 4 years in prison , served a little over 2 and half and got out , meanwhile same town 19 year old kid with no record hits an illegal alien riding a bicycle the wrong way with no lights on the highway and because he blew a .06 he got 10 years and had to serve 7 and half ..and these kind of people know the law isn’t against them 

What makes this behavior hard to control in a legal sense is the US Constitution, specifically the 1st Amendment, which guarantees the right to free press. 

That’s why it is important to make the behavior known within the wrestling community, just like what Schwab’s wife and Willie have done.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Legal action is literally never the best way to deal with predators especially ones that target children, law enforcement knows about these guys and have done nothing , and hell nothing will happen if law enforcement makes a move , a teacher in my town was arrested for being a serial predator for years , even posing as a 12 yr old victims father and forcing her to get an abortion and this career predator who was tied to ruining the lives of 8 different little girls got 4 years in prison , served a little over 2 and half and got out , meanwhile same town 19 year old kid with no record hits an illegal alien riding a bicycle the wrong way with no lights on the highway and because he blew a .06 he got 10 years and had to serve 7 and half ..and these kind of people know the law isn’t against them 

WTF bring up that the victim was an illegall alien? 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

What makes this behavior hard to control in a legal sense is the US Constitution, specifically the 1st Amendment, which guarantees the right to free press. 

That’s why it is important to make the behavior known within the wrestling community, just like what Schwab’s wife and Willie have done.

Makes sense.  I saw Pyles saying one of the guys threatened legal action against them, would that be the likely argument?

22 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

Nothing about this topic is about the quality of the video.

Not true. You must know that! Do you think that anybody would watch the exact same videos if they were 240p or 360p?

Flo videos are frequently 360p or worse. 

It sucks that they are being used in a way that is harmful to children. As a community, what do we do?

1. We can demand better quality from the trusted businesses. (That might keep the suspicious individuals from doing it).

2. We can inform the children and their parents and coaches to hire a lawyer, write to YouTube, call their Member of Congress.

3. We can ask for a bill in Congress to require that videotaping of minors in wrestling (and any similar sport like gymnastics or swimming) be at 360 pixels or less.

4. Other ideas?

4 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Not true. You must know that! Do you think that anybody would watch the exact same videos if they were 240p or 360p?

It sucks that they are being used in a way that is harmful to children. As a community, what do we do?

1. We can demand better quality from the trusted businesses. (That might keep the suspicious individuals from doing it).

2. We can inform the children and their parents and coaches to hire a lawyer, write to YouTube, call their Member of Congress.

3. We can ask for a bill in Congress to require that videotaping of minors in wrestling (and any similar sport like gymnastics or swimming) be at 360 pixels or less.

4. Other ideas?

Good ideas. This is only going to be stopped by updating the laws (both criminal and civil). You don’t need congress-do this at the local level too.

The video quality is definitely part of the problem. YouTube has been around for 20 years. 

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

I’m surprised if one of the guys is an official.  There is no constitutional right to be an official.   When I was an official schools could say they don’t want certain guys officiating at their school, so I don’t see why they couldn’t all do that for this guy

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

4. Other ideas?

Homeboy, 

The video quality isn't in the crux of the matter. It's that, this particular creep, frames and crops his thumbnails in such a manner as to bring attention to certain body parts. The situation becomes significantly worse by virtue of the aggressive editing he does on the thumbnails - cranking up the contrast and sharpness to the max, making certain outlines and contours stand out visibly. His thumbnails in a lot of his more recent videos seem innocuous enough but the VAST majority of his most viewed videos feature nothing but crotch and butt shots. I want to believe it's a coincidence but they are so numerous and flagrant that that bridge is too far for me to cross. 

The other component to the fishiness is the views to comment ratio: they just don't make sense. I think it's pretty obvious he is embedding his videos on other sites. What type of sites are these I wonder? The language of the comments is also really strange, they don't read like what a typical YouTube comment would. There is also a disconcerting number of comments using suggestive language that just doesn't sit right with me, not to mention how often the physique of these boys (some of them quite young) is brought up. And on at least 3 different videos I saw comments with timestamps that went to parts of the videos where certain body parts were brought into sharp focus. There was one video where, during a break in the action, the camera seemed to focus intently on the wrestlers mid section as he was walking back and forth. It was weird. Everything about this experience was creepy. I feel sick and regret doing the deep dive that I did but I'm convinced that there are shenanigans going on. For my part, I reported the account on x and YouTube. Not sure what other action I should be taking