Ramaswamy on election integrity

headshuck

4 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I have quite a few problems with V's take... but the one that struck me right away was:

"Here's the way forward on election integrity:"

Not "a" way forward, not "one of the ways forward", not "some recommendations"...

but "the way" as if there is only one in existence and it happens to be his.

That's the kind of hubris we really don't need. I'd prefer a little more humility in a potential leader.

You don't get elected by being wishy washy.  Ya gotta be like Carl and have a plan.  I don't think he has a chance but coming out and saying "here are 10 ideas that might work" won't get you elected.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ionel said:

You don't get elected by being wishy washy.  Ya gotta be like Carl and have a plan.  I don't think he has a chance but coming out and saying "here are 10 ideas that might work" won't get you elected.  

We agree - I like plans. I dislike being wishy washy. I appreciate confidence. I wouldn't want him to say "...10 ideas that might work" either. That would be dumb.

A lot of options (some I already posted) that are confident and inspiring without sounding like a self-important tool. Maybe even something as simple as "I have a great plan for moving forward..." Again, so many better options.

I dislike him claiming that he has come up with "THE WAY" ... there is such a thing as overconfidence. 

Cael is confident, yet humble. Like most uber successful wrestlers. If I remember correctly from my catechism classes, Jesus was humble too.

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I have quite a few problems with V's take... but the one that struck me right away was:

"Here's the way forward on election integrity:"

Not "a" way forward, not "one of the ways forward", not "some recommendations"...

but "the way" as if there is only one in existence and it happens to be his.

That's the kind of hubris we really don't need. I'd prefer a little more humility in a potential leader.

this is what you're drilling down to?

not the abject disaster this admin has been and which the current DEM party from coast to coast agrees with?

THAT is what got you?

• Confused 1

TBD

5 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

this is what you're drilling down to?

not the abject disaster this admin has been and which the current DEM party from coast to coast agrees with?

THAT is what got you?

That's not what I posted... sooooo... no. Not at all. Read it again, genius.

"the one that struck me right away", was my 2nd comment after my 1st comment that "I have quite a few problems with".

First impressions are important. Sequence matters. Pay closer attention.

If you want to start a thread about "the current DEM party..." and blah, blah, blah. Go for it. You maybe should, since a weak, baseless accusation is all you've done here so far.

I recommend you try to find substance and go forward with it. I'm 100% in favor of it.

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Enlighten me, would ya, with the 'weak, baseless accusation' 

i made that that negates this admin is an abject disaster. 

tia

You just ignored quite a bit of my last post, and your previous one as well. 

1. Per you, "this is what you're drilling down to?" was 100% wrong. Now you ignore even posting it. C'mon.
    Don't cut and run - address it. You were wrong, man up. 
  2. Per you, "THAT is what got you?"
    Yep, that is what got me ... first. And a list of other things. At the end of the day, this V guy is not a leader.
    He's not even next to a guy who knows of a guy who is cousins with a guy whose uncle was a co-leader.
  • Fire 1

you're a weird dude. 

when i suggested you're reaching....yeah. you're reaching.

you should have just said this " At the end of the day, this V guy is not a leader.
He's not even next to a guy who knows of a guy who is cousins with a guy whose uncle was a co-leader."

that would have made more sense, oddly enough. 

• Clown 2

TBD

On 12/26/2023 at 7:15 AM, WrestlingRasta said:

Good with 2,3, and 4

5 is never gonna happen. In a perfect world would love for every person that gains citizenship to become proficient in reading and writing English…but never gonna happen. 

1- I don’t understand the obsession with every single vote across the country must be cast and counted in a 24 hour period. Especially if we want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to vote and we want to ensure the vote be as accurate as possible. 

(Enter all the experts coming in to school me on how easy it is to administer an election) 

Wasn't that very thing done before early voting and mail in voting became a thing?   Everyone voted on vote day and all the votes were counted and you had a result that night.  Shouldn't be too hard. 

mspart

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, mspart said:

Wasn't that very thing done before early voting and mail in voting became a thing?   Everyone voted on vote day and all the votes were counted and you had a result that night.  Shouldn't be too hard. 

mspart

Please tell us when the last time what you described happened….all votes were cast and counted in one day?  And more important than what year of that election, but what was the population and voter turnout number for that election. 

I’ll wait for the answer to that before addressing the “it shouldn’t be that hard”