Racist Wrestling Fans

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

While I agree with your overall premise, I'm not sure the "private school" piece is as big as some make it out to be.  I began my career at a high school that currently costs over $70,000 a year to attend (as a boarding student.)  We had kids who had almost nothing, and were there on Boys and Girls Club scholarships, or had been caught in war in Rwanda.  We had other kids who were the children of rockstars and royalty (literally.) 

You also have kids like Yianni and Spencer Lee.  Both went to public school, but by all accounts, both are from families that are doing very very well for themselves.  I'm sure there are plenty of others.

I think thigh the main point is that you don't get to be a top HS wrestler without a year round commitment, lots of high level coaching and specialized training and a family that can afford and support that. Agreed that it seems to be happening in most sports and I don't think it is a good thing

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

While I agree with your overall premise, I'm not sure the "private school" piece is as big as some make it out to be.  I began my career at a high school that currently costs over $70,000 a year to attend (as a boarding student.)  We had kids who had almost nothing, and were there on Boys and Girls Club scholarships, or had been caught in war in Rwanda.  We had other kids who were the children of rockstars and royalty (literally.) 

You also have kids like Yianni and Spencer Lee.  Both went to public school, but by all accounts, both are from families that are doing very very well for themselves.  I'm sure there are plenty of others.

How many of the kids were there on the boys and girls clubs scholarships, and how good were they?

On 12/26/2023 at 9:24 AM, Bigbrog said:

Are you saying most Christians are racist?

I said "christians" w/ a small "c".  I consider myself a Christian and believe in Christian ideals, we have another group in America that uses the term "christian" but has very little to do with what the Bible teaches. They don't "love thy neighbor", they want to see people of color suffer. So yes, small "c" christians tend to be racist. 

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, 1032004 said:

How many of the kids were there on the boys and girls clubs scholarships, and how good were they?

I don't know the exact numbers, or how the scholarships worked.  I was on the teaching/coaching side of things.  Some of the scholarship kids were good athletes, others were average (or below),but great kids  School only had 400 kids in the high school, they couldn't all be on scholarships.  It also wasn't a "sports school" per se, although I did coach a kid (in lacrosse) that played in the NHL.  

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

On 12/21/2023 at 1:02 PM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Minnow?

Sir- do you want me to send you a signed photo or something? 90% of your posts in here involve my name. It’s very weird. I’m sorry for whatever made you this infatuated with me. It’s not that deep… 

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, PMineo22 said:

Sir- do you want me to send you a signed photo or something? 90% of your posts in here involve my name. It’s very weird. I’m sorry for whatever made you this infatuated with me. It’s not that deep… 

Theres no way you're really Minnow because you're totally out of character.  The real minnow would've blocked @Interviewed_at_Weehawken because he's a chicken shit

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

i hate this topic. sometimes people see racism be cause there looking for it.

1960 racism. 2020 everyone in america get fair shake.

always racism. look at attack on jews today.

please move on.

• Fire 2

Just now, cangemi said:

i hate this topic. sometimes people see racism be cause there looking for it.

1960 racism. 2020 everyone in america get fair shake.

always racism. look at attack on jews today.

please move on.

Did you read the replies in the link from the OP?  Several of them were pretty bad, even by alleged 2024 “snowflake” standards

17 minutes ago, cangemi said:

i hate racism. 

but hate bullshit victim mentality as well.

ignore ass holes and move forward.

But if there are a significant number of ass holes, then not everyone is getting a “fair shake”

• Fire 1

I haven’t slogged through the whole thread.. but yes it/they exists. The most annoying thing as someone who coaches where i coach isn’t even that it happens. It’s that people pretend it doesn’t. Until an honest discussion can be had, it sometimes feels pointless to talk about 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

But if there are a significant number of ass holes, then not everyone is getting a “fair shake”

2022 everyone getting fair shake. life is not fair. you think its fair the Oriental kids score higher but cant get in harvard.

my dad always told me who ever told you life is fair lied to you. today 2022 racism in US is not an issue to alter anyone to have a fair shot. 1960, 1970. not the case

unless you believe media. if you believe that or college professors you an idiot.

Edited by cangemi

2022 everyone getting fair shake. life is not fair. you think its fair the Oriental kids score higher but cant get in harvard.
my dad always told me who ever told you life is fair lied to you. today 2022 racism in US is not an issue to alter anyone to have a fair shot. 1960, 1970. not the case
unless you believe media. if you believe that or college professors you an idiot.

Nah, I’m fairly certain you’re the idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, cangemi said:

If you believe college professors? LOL Somebody has had their brain addled by politics 🤪

Also Oriental is not the preferred nomenclature_

11 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

what does that mean? 

It means that while racism is not as blatant and widespread as it was in the 1960s, it is also not as nonexistent as many claim. There are unfortunately a not insignificant number of racist assholes out there. So blacks in particular are likely going to run into someone or multiple people in their lives that they can’t just ignore that does not give them a “fair shake,” moreso than they would have if they were white. Such as a hiring manager, boss, salesperson, landlord, home seller, maybe even wrestling coach or referee, etc.

Your turn.  What is your definition of racism?

12 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

do you think claudine gay should have been pushed out?

12 hours ago, Le duke said:

If she plagiarized someone else’s work, absolutely.

But some are claiming this is racist.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Your turn.  What is your definition of racism?

To be fair to @Hammerlock3 isn't the problem that no one these days knows what racism is?  We all should know the classical definition as defined in the dictionary but in this modern era everything somehow "falls on the racism spectrum".  For example we live in an era where math is racism, getting fired for plagiarism is racism, so it can get a little confusing

• Fire 2
  • Confused 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

14 hours ago, Le duke said:

If she plagiarized someone else’s work, absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She absolutely did . Up to 50 times. The ones she has plagiarized and have come forward were other black professors. 

15 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

The secretary of transportation (Pete Buttigieg) claims that we have highways that are racist. That is quite a thought.

You should read The Power Broker, by Robert A. Caro.  Robert Moses adopted some very interesting strategies and policies in developing the highway systems around NYC!

Edited by Red Blades
  • Fire 2

57 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

To be fair to @Hammerlock3 isn't the problem that no one these days knows what racism is?  We all should know the classical definition as defined in the dictionary but in this modern era everything somehow "falls on the racism spectrum".  For example we live in an era where math is racism, getting fired for plagiarism is racism, so it can get a little confusing

Racism is making arbitrary judgments about people based on race. 

Everyone knows this but that definition doesn't allow political manipulation via marxist word games so they pretend not to.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."