Southern border

headshuck

24 minutes ago, jross said:

Yes they are!  New York City has been talking about the budget drain for months.

Yes.  I think, in general the sanctuary cities/states fund extensive programs for migrant support.   I was able to find some numbers for Chicago, Denver and NYC.  However, I didn't find numbers for the states in bold (TX, AZ, FL).  I am not saying they don't exist, just that I question them.   Seems like something Abbot would cry very loudly and bitterly about.  More than Adams does.

There is that, but the Feds do not enforce it,  so on it goes.  In my mind, sanctuary entities need to not receive any federal funds of any kind.   But there is not a chance that would pass right now.   But that is what is needed.  WA is a sanctuary state and actively tries to subvert federal attempts to capture illegals. 

mspart

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I’m not convinced that is true.

Report of 12.5k crossed southern border today.  10k El Paso town of 30k.  Do you think a town of 30k can house 10k new individuals per day.  Take the population of NY divide it by US population and multiple by 10k and that NY's fair share if new individuals it should be housing each and every day.  

Or maybe we should take them all to northern Wyoming (lot of open space up there) drop them, see if they want to keep going north to Canada, I hear Canadians are real friendly. 

• Stalling 1

16 minutes ago, ionel said:

Take the population of NY divide it by US population and multiple by 10k and that NY's fair share of new individuals it should be housing each and every day.  

And multiple by 2 if you want since 1 of only ~half the states that voted for this.

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, ionel said:

Report of 12.5k crossed southern border today.  10k El Paso town of 30k.  Do you think a town of 30k can house 10k new individuals per day.  Take the population of NY divide it by US population and multiple by 10k and that NY's fair share if new individuals it should be housing each and every day.  

Or maybe we should take them all to northern Wyoming (lot of open space up there) drop them, see if they want to keep going north to Canada, I hear Canadians are real friendly. 

Mexicans don’t need a visa to enter Canada, so they’ll be welcome. Not sure about all the other nationalities.

That number is 597, so NY is more than pulling their weight.

El Paso is pretty close to 700k.

Edited by Plasmodium

12 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Mexicans don’t need a visa to enter Canada, so they’ll be welcome. Not sure about all the other nationalities.

That number is 597, so NY is more than pulling their weight.

El Paso is pretty close to 700k.

I must've miss heard/emembered - not el paso TX.

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 1

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

How could the US humanely deport millions of illegal immigrants?

• Transparent process, transparent communication
  • 365 Day voluntary period to return home.  Time to get things in order.
  • 730 Day period of focused deportation efforts

Misc.

• A path to legal stays with a process for work visas, citizenship, etc.   Permission is based on met requirements, not privilege.
  • Audits and a path to compliance for companies that employ illegal immigrants.
  • Prefer to keep the families together.  When both parents are illegal, the parent and any underaged (inc. birthright citizen) children can be deported together, rather than the illegals opting child abandonment to the state/others.  When one parent is a citizen, expedite the legal process for permanent stay of spouse and children.
  • IDs/documentation are free if they cannot be afforded.  Everyone is given ample time to provide evidence of their status. After such time, any citizen may be requested to show status when deportation efforts are in focus.
  • If identified in the country illegally after the grace period, the legal immigration path is denied. 
  • Review/Adopt what works best from other country processes.

If Trump returns to the presidency, I predict we'll have the Supreme Court rule on birthright citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants...  The 14th Amendment wasn't meant for illegal immigrants.  The WONG KIM ARK case does not apply to illegal immigrants.

I have no problem being profiled to prove my citizenship status.  Why would I?

Automatic status checks for all law enforcement encounters.

Automatic parent status checks for all kids enrolled.

Workplace audits.

• Haha 1