Best 141 Pounder

silver-medal

4 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

It's a shame no dual between the 2 teams again this year

yeah why?

i know there are conference hoops to work around but obviously we have to get PSU iowa every year, you'd think they could work it out. Iowa tOSU is a more compelling dual than Iowa PSU at this point, cause Iowa has no shot, and historically get matches they won in the conference and duals turned on them anyway, so who cares?

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Woods has the best track record. Mendez is having the best season for far. Bartlett will be a factor also just doesn't have the matches this season against high level competition. The other guys are a tier below at in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah why?

i know there are conference hoops to work around but obviously we have to get PSU iowa every year, you'd think they could work it out. Iowa tOSU is a more compelling dual than Iowa PSU at this point, cause Iowa has no shot, and historically get matches they won in the conference and duals turned on them anyway, so who cares?

100% agree. Last time they met was when Karchula beat Marinelli. That dual was a barn burner! Iowa won.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Gus said:

Woods has the best track record. Mendez is having the best season for far. Bartlett will be a factor also just doesn't have the matches this season against high level competition. The other guys are a tier below at in my opinion. 

do you think bartlett, who i'll never count out because he's tough and PSU, is actually sort of modest talent? He doesn't have freakish scoring ability nor the kyle dake close match genius.

20 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

do you think bartlett, who i'll never count out because he's tough and PSU, is actually sort of modest talent? He doesn't have freakish scoring ability nor the kyle dake close match genius.

Just watch Bartlett's match against Nick Lee at world team trials. Athleticism is not Barlett's issue. He is hesitant to pull the trigger on leg attacks against the top guys. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

Just watch Bartlett's match against Nick Lee at world team trials. Athleticism is not Barlett's issue. He is hesitant to pull the trigger on leg attacks against the top guys. 

Lee is not an athlete either. But maybe that supports your point, the difference is one pulls the trigger.

This.

Bartlett’s problem is not athletic ability. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Gus said:

Bartlett wins plenty of matches w/o taking risks. I don't think it's the most fun style to watch but you can't argue with the results. Even in his match against Cornella he was never at risk of losing, he's very similar to the way RBY used to wrestle Desanto. If RBY would have got into a shooting match he still would have won 80% of the time but if he was careful Desanto had no chance. It's like if Floyd Mayweather Jr wrestled. 

Edited by buckshot

5 hours ago, Gus said:

This is the correct answer. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Woods is the best and the favorite to win it this year.  Just too big, long and quick.  And he's super tough on top.

Wager . He barely beat a very good Echemendia ranked 14th. The takedown call was oh so very close. 

19 hours ago, silver-medal said:

Mendez....Woods....Bartlett...Jack....Hardy...McNeil

I say Mendez...at this point in time.  He's jumped a few levels since last season in terms of defense and top game.  

It will be very close . Woods is in like his 8th year and a very seasoned pro. Mendez is settling in at a knew weight. He is just starting his second year as a true sophomore. These are all extremely good wrestlers mentioned. Its a very long season and we are just getting started.

• Fire 1

Exciting field this year. I'm biased towards Woods but must admit that he's looked pretty flat, definitely not as dynamic at times so far this season. I trust that he'll pull it together by the spring.

If Alirez wasn't taking an ORS I think I'd give him maybe a 30% chance of repeating this year. Tough weight.