CKLV Thread

Idaho

11 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Shapiro loses again. He looked tired in that one. Not his regular energy level.

How many days were the teams in LV prior to the tournament?  Maybe some jet lag or something?  His quarterfinal match would’ve been like 10 PM eastern time (and against a west coast guy)

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Silas Red loses 18-1 to Cardenas. 

Cardenas looked very good, although worth noting that 10 of those points came in like a 10 second span.

He also earned a three point nearfall for those wondering if there have been any yet this year.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

How many days were the teams in LV prior to the tournament?  Maybe some jet lag or something?  His quarterfinal match would’ve been like 10 PM eastern time (and against a west coast guy)

Does jetlag manifest itself during the second match of a tournament? or was it just a massive adrenaline dump.   and Cardenas is a beast.  

1 minute ago, Threadkilla said:

Does jetlag manifest itself during the second match of a tournament? or was it just a massive adrenaline dump.   and Cardenas is a beast.  

I live on the east coast and whenever I travel to the west coast the next day I wake up at like 4am (7am east coast time), so am very tired by the end of the day.  And don’t have to wrestle D1 opponents.

Cardenas obviously very good.  But it looked like Shapiro’s biggest issue was his gas tank IMO.

4 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Andonian is a hard guy to use as a benchmark. There are obvious positive to take away for Shapiro. He stayed positional sound the entire match and never gave in to any of the crazy stuff Andonian goes for, but Andonian will happily go down by double digits just to try and put a guy to his back. And the 3 point takedown really punishes sloppy wrestling. Results against him, win or lose, don't translate well to matches against any other wrestlers.

Wish I could like this post more than once. I’ve watched a lot of BA matches over the past few years and you just have to take those results with a grain of salt. He’s so damn fun to watch, but it can also get kind of random with results and how the matches are dictated. 

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I live on the east coast and whenever I travel to the west coast the next day I wake up at like 4am (7am east coast time), so am very tired by the end of the day

Bro, you're weak. Snap into it. Get up everyday at 5am and go to work, then come home and work some more...:classic_wink:

Agreed on Cardenas and on Shapiro's gas tank.

• Haha 1

Glad you are all up and alive.... especially the guys who haven't went to bed and still have a couple cases to finish off the day. 

Some good matchups today in the semis.... 157 looking like the best matchups overall. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

26 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

There was wrestling on.

I put in an almost a twelve hour day just watching wrestling and I was up at 5am. Not once did I bellyache like @1032004

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Glad you are all up and alive.... especially the guys who haven't went to bed and still have a couple cases to finish off the day. 

Good point ... and Idaho prob put in his 12 eating nothing but potatoes and drinking only potato moonshine.  😉

s-l1200.webp

Edited by ionel

18 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

There aren't many like us brother...

And to be fair no one shit in my pool yesterday. Thankfully it's covered...

It wasn't a plopper.

A strwaky dark puddle centered in on that bitch.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

Good point ... and Idaho prob put in his 12 eating nothing but potatoes and drinking only potato moonshine.  😉

Just don't mix potato moonshine with a potato gun. 

spacer.png

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐