Senior Nationals (US Olympic Trials Qualifier) - Dec. 15-17

SocraTease

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Alirez has too many landmines.  He won't make the finals.

Lee will wrestle to at least 5th place.  My bet is he gets to the Gold match and MFFs (seed protection).  He is there to steal a spot.  Unless he is hurt, he is taking 2nd at worst.

Pantaleo will have the gas after his first match.  Just get through that and he will be okay.  It's if he loses on Day 1 that it will be a problem.  If he makes the finals, I think he has enough time where he will be just fine.

Monday isn't losing to Shields.

Ringer is my (safe) pick as well.  He only typically loses to stronger, more athletic guys (at 86 KG).  McIntosh is the only one that fits that bill on his side of the bracket and I just don't think he is good enough to get it done.

Nate couldn't beat a one-armed Moore.  He isn't beating a healthy Moore.  In fact, I think there is a good chance Schultz or Cassioppi beats Nate.  Nate loses matches all the time.  He wins a lot, too... but he loses all the time as well.

Kerk doesn't need to beat Bradley, he just needs to place Top 5.  I think it is up in the air if we see Kerk wrestle Bradley if Bradley makes the finals opposite him.  It is a lose-lose for Kerk.  Bradley is a big, stronk 125 KG guy.  If it is anyone else across from him, I think Kerk wrestles the finals.

And Bradley injured Cassar 4 years ago.  Bad mojo.

• Fire 1

57 KG
Semi-finals
Lee over Rodriguez
Megaludis over Courtney
Finals
Megaludis over Lee (MFF)

65 KG
Semi-finals
McKenna over Parker
Pantaleo over DeSanto
Finals
Pantaleo over McKenna

74 KG
Semi-finals
Monday over Jacques
Marinelli over Berger
Finals
Monday over Marinelli

86 KG
Semi-finals
Hall over Dean
Dieringer ove McFadden
Finals
Dieringer over Hall

97 KG
Semi-finals
Moore over Warner
Cassioppi over Jackson
Finals
Moore over Cassioppi

125 KG
Semi-finals
Bradley over Lance
Kerkvliet over Hillger
Finals
Bradley over Kerkvliet (MFF)

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

And Bradley injured Cassar 4 years ago.  Bad mojo.

One thing that I thoroughly enjoyed about that match was the intensity that Bradley had.  He was all gas, no brakes... even after Cassar was injured - "MAN STRENGTH!"

When he realized Cassar was injured the coach in him kicked in and he showed class.  You could tell he felt bad.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

One thing that I thoroughly enjoyed about that match was the intensity that Bradley had.  He was all gas, no brakes... even after Cassar was injured - "MAN STRENGTH!"

When he realized Cassar was injured the coach in him kicked in and he showed class.  You could tell he felt bad.

It is a thing! When I was coaching (d2/d3 college and high school) and had a Dad-bod, athletes who looked like statues of Greek gods and/or could lift a ton of weight would comment on how strong I was.  And I didn't even feel particularly powerful for most of my college career (and was very average).

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Alirez has too many landmines.  He won't make the finals.

Lee will wrestle to at least 5th place.  My bet is he gets to the Gold match and MFFs (seed protection).  He is there to steal a spot.  Unless he is hurt, he is taking 2nd at worst.

Pantaleo will have the gas after his first match.  Just get through that and he will be okay.  It's if he loses on Day 1 that it will be a problem.  If he makes the finals, I think he has enough time where he will be just fine.

Monday isn't losing to Shields.

Ringer is my (safe) pick as well.  He only typically loses to stronger, more athletic guys (at 86 KG).  McIntosh is the only one that fits that bill on his side of the bracket and I just don't think he is good enough to get it done.

Nate couldn't beat a one-armed Moore.  He isn't beating a healthy Moore.  In fact, I think there is a good chance Schultz or Cassioppi beats Nate.  Nate loses matches all the time.  He wins a lot, too... but he loses all the time as well.

Kerk doesn't need to beat Bradley, he just needs to place Top 5.  I think it is up in the air if we see Kerk wrestle Bradley if Bradley makes the finals opposite him.  It is a lose-lose for Kerk.  Bradley is a big, stronk 125 KG guy.  If it is anyone else across from him, I think Kerk wrestles the finals.

Counterpoint. Alirez is the landmine. Alirez wins it all.

• Stalling 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

19 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

If Flo bought Track, why am I still seeing this as a Flo subscriber:

ILLINIWRESTLING863.jpg

Are you logged in on Track with your Flo credentials?

• Fire 1