Climate Hoax

Husker_Du

14 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Not even the government can spend quickly spend 400 billion of new money.  It is two years.  The tweet literally starts with “Even More EV Failure”, so not buying your nut tuck.

i didn't write the article; Politico did.

but if you want to continue believing this administration is anything close to functional, you do you.

hell you've already taken all the boosters and believe the earth is coming to an end. keep going.

• Clown 1

TBD

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Can you provide a specific example of this treachery?

Come on Plasi...if you were willing to do so you would see it...plenty of examples out there.  Problem is you may not see them because you agree with them wholeheartedly versus having any sort of skepticism...which to me skepticism is a good thing when it comes to anything coming out of a politicians mouth or what I read online.

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1

7 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

LOL - is it colder than it was 11/29/1492?  That’s right…. Didn’t think so!

I assume you mean for here in Seattle.    Can you state with authority whether it was or was not?   That's right..... Didn't think so!

mspart

Reminds me of a time I stopped to read one of those historical markers on the side of the road.  I was between Eagle Pass and Carrizo Springs, Tx.  The marker explained that at a house some hundred yards north of the highway, four members of a family had died of heat stroke, all in a day in the 1830s.  Maybe it was during a brownout.  

• Confused 1

Interesting intro to this article:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/04/01/how-the-little-ice-age-changed-history

It is easy to forget just how variable the climate of the earth has been, across the geologic time scale. That is partly because the extent of that variability is so difficult to imagine. A world entirely covered in ice, from pole to pole—the so-called snowball earth—is something we find it hard to get our heads around, even though the longest and oldest period of total or near-total glaciation, the Huronian glaciation, lasted for three hundred million years. A world without ice is also hard to visualize, though it is by comparison a much more recent phenomenon: perhaps only thirty-four million years ago, crocodiles swam in a freshwater lake we know as the North Pole, and palm trees grew in Antarctica. The reality is that our planet oscillates between phases with no ice, phases with all ice, and phases in the middle. The middle is where we happen to be right now—a fact that is responsible for our faulty perception of the earth’s climate as accommodating and stable.

mspart

The above is not to say that BigBrog is wrong.  On the contrary.   The less we can pollute the earth, the better.   I do my fair share of air pollution (cars, house, lawn mower, weed whacker, chain saws).  But I use those things rarely except the car and house and the car is a diesel and gets 35+ miles per gallon routinely.   Not as good as a hybrid, but pretty good. 

Right now my house is without a furnace so you'll all be glad to know I am not polluting with my house yesterday, today, and probably tomorrow.  And it is cold here in PNW these few days.  

mspart

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Reminds me of a time I stopped to read one of those historical markers on the side of the road.  I was between Eagle Pass and Carrizo Springs, Tx.  The marker explained that at a house some hundred yards north of the highway, four members of a family had died of heat stroke, all in a day in the 1830s.  Maybe it was during a brownout.  

I happen to remember this incident.  They were waiting on Amazon for an air conditioner condenser.  Ironically, it was too hot for planes to land and take off at Eagle Pass International so their shipment was delayed.  Classic catch-22.

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

congrats on your planet-saving virtue based on zero science. take a bow, sheep. 

Someone who truly wanted to be informed would know that this practice has been going on for much longer than the current administration.  In fact, a UNICEF report in 2014 estimated that number of child slaves in Congo mines was about....you guessed it....40,000.    Hmmmmmm.

On 11/29/2023 at 9:51 AM, Husker_Du said:

has any deliverables in that bill been actualized yet?

Oh yeah.  Inflation, interest rates up, general and widespread dissatisfaction with the economy and the value of our money.  All of this was delivered by that bill.

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1