How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?

How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds of voting will it take to elect Jim Jordan Speaker of the House?

• More than 1, but less than McCarthy
    • McCarthy
    • More than McCarthy
    • Jordan will not be elected Speaker of the House

17 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

The world needs Santos to step up.  We all know it is going on his resume, may as well make him an honest man.

To be honest,  he's as honorable as his GOP counterparts,  and FAR more honorable than Inmate #PO1135809.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

He seems like a nice guy though 🤔 

As honorable as anyone else in the GOP.

It's a party problem. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Agree with this...I like Dan Crenshaw...super smart, level headed and doesn't get all emotional with his response, just states facts

Eyepatch McCain...ENEMY of the "tea party."

10 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

What we are seeing is what happens when we allow ourselves to be told what to think, say, and do….and what happens when that mold starts to break.  

Starts with the daily memos circulated throughout Tattletale "News" and AM radio.

Then,  the drumbeat goes ALL DAY.

• Fire 1

SmartSelect_20231021-112432_Chrome.thumb.jpg.274e39708ef9829020168df93f9dfef2.jpg

Cause they didn't give it a chance, he was gonna catch fire on the 51st vote and win it in the 52nd.  Disappointing to see an NC give up so early, he had barely finished tying his shoes hadn't even put on the ankle bands.  😞

46 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

You’re wrong about that.  It only takes one to make the motion but you better have enough to vote with you to vacate.  There were more who would have voted along with Gaetz if it had been necessary.  

Jordan had 200 on the floor, where votes are on record.  Where their constituents could see how they voted.  Do you prefer to know how your representative votes, or do you prefer he keep his vote secret?  Do you prefer democracy behind closed doors?

This is not childish, it’s serious.  We are $33trillion in debt, with interest nearing $1trillion per year.  It is affecting our ability to defend ourselves.  It is as much a threat to our country as China, Russia, and Iran combined.  We’ve had interest rates this high before, but not with this much debt.  Someone needs to exercise some responsibility and the public is behind doing so.  That’s why the reps vote differently depending on whether there is a record of their vote.  In public they tend to vote for the public interest.  In private they tend to vote for K Street, Wall Street, and the MIC. 

You sure about that?

"After suffering yet another stinging defeat on Wednesday, in which he lost a sixth round of voting for House speaker, Kevin McCarthy proposed more key concessions in his push to get 218 votes – including agreeing to propose a rules change that would allow just one member to call for a vote to oust a sitting speaker"

Jordan had 200 on the floor, where intimidation is an effective tactic. The Republican Party is now eating its own. And it is a MAGA issue. They are like a dog chasing a car. Once they catch it, they don't know what to do with it.

If the public truly were behind MAGA's methods they would perform better in general elections. Instead under Donald Trump Republicans lost the House, lost the Senate, and lost the White House. That speaks volumes about what the people do want. Yes, to balanced budgets. No, to MAGA.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That speaks volumes about what the people do want. Yes, to balanced budgets. No, to MAGA.

Maybe you are in another State as well,  but try being held hostage by it. It's frightening and helpless. 

• Fire 1

39 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You sure about that?

"After suffering yet another stinging defeat on Wednesday, in which he lost a sixth round of voting for House speaker, Kevin McCarthy proposed more key concessions in his push to get 218 votes – including agreeing to propose a rules change that would allow just one member to call for a vote to oust a sitting speaker"

Jordan had 200 on the floor, where intimidation is an effective tactic. The Republican Party is now eating its own. And it is a MAGA issue. They are like a dog chasing a car. Once they catch it, they don't know what to do with it.

If the public truly were behind MAGA's methods they would perform better in general elections. Instead under Donald Trump Republicans lost the House, lost the Senate, and lost the White House. That speaks volumes about what the people do want. Yes, to balanced budgets. No, to MAGA.

Yes, I am sure. Nancy Polosi changed it for her term.  

Intimidation?  By their constituents?  You have an odd idea of democracy.  

With the RNC and leaders of both houses directing their funding away from them, they’re doing pretty well. “No to MAGA?”The split in the party is overwhelmingly budget oriented.  Guess which group is for responsible budgeting?

36 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

With the RNC and leaders of both houses directing their funding away from them, they’re doing pretty well. “No to MAGA?”The split in the party is overwhelmingly budget oriented.  Guess which group is for responsible budgeting?

You are sure. You are just not sure of what you are sure of. Pelosi changed the rule in the opposite direction. She made it so it took a majority of either party. This really is not that hard to look up. Try that rather than entrenching yourself in wrong.

As to your second point. It is not my idea of democracy. And yes it is very odd. Actually let me upgrade that. It is deplorable that many Republicans who voted on the floor for someone other than Jordan recieved death threats for their efforts.

MAGA has a stratgey. Divide, scare the populace, and hope to personally profit from the ensuing chaos. While it has been a successful strategy to gain power for a few, it is not a successful strategy for leading a country.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

Not constituents.  Democracy in this country works with campaign financing, endorsements and primary support.

As far as budgetary responsibility goes - no Republican camp controls spending but  all camps cut taxes.

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You are sure. You are just not sure of what you are sure of. Pelosi changed the rule in the opposite direction. She made it so it took a majority of either party. This really is not that hard to look up. Try that rather than entrenching yourself in wrong.

As to your second point. It is not my idea of democracy. And yes it is very odd. Actually let me upgrade that. It is deplorable that many Republicans who voted on the floor for someone other than Jordan recieved death threats for their efforts.

MAGA has a stratgey. Divide, scare the populace, and hope to personally profit from the ensuing chaos. While it has been a successful strategy to gain power for a few, it is not a successful strategy for leading a country.

Know nothing is asking another poster if he "is sure?"   This is rich!  😂

• Stalling 1