Wrestle-offs Schedule and Results

flyingcement

Just now, nhs67 said:

149 - Swiderski VS Echemendia

141 - Frost - Frost - Redding

And if the suspension gets withdrawn, there is a Paniro Johnson thrown into the equation - crazy depth for Cyclones at the lower weights.  Sounds like Perryman vs Terukina is expected to be somewhat close as well

30 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Iowa State: 1st Round - 10/21 at 10:30 AM - Finals 10/26 at 6:30 PM

As others are posted, please let us know

Curious about what a "wrestle-off" means.  What does the winner get?  A starting spot?  For how long?  How does the starting spot ever change, barring injury or other unforeseen event?  Does the team that has a wrestle-off hold challenge matches before each match?

2 hours ago, DiverDownBrian said:

NC State: "We will be having our wrestle-offs on Friday, October 27th at 5:00 pm. Join us at Reynolds Coliseum to get your first view of the 2023-2024 team! For those who are unable to make it you will be able to follow along through our socials. "

I hope we see Trumble - Hidlay.

Trumble - Trephan would also be acceptable.

Hell, a Trumble-Trephan, Hidlay-Horne mini-tournament (WvW, LvL) would be badass.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, scorenomore said:

Ohio State - Thursday, October 26 at 8:00 pm. Free to all at the covelli center. 

Ohio State makes a pretty big deal with their wrestle-offs. I.E. they sell tickets, stream it, and basically treat it as a dual meet.

With that said, I think the biggest matchup is ay 107 between Geog and Hoffman. I'd like to see Hoffman give it one more go being a former AA and such a solid piece to this team for so long; but I always cheer a little harder for any fellow St. Ed's alum and I think Geog has a bright future. 

• Fire 2

21 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Depends on the school.  Different schools different procedures.

So, there's a school that uses a pre-season wrestle-off, to do what, exactly?  Can you give an example of a school's procedure?  I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around a process that takes the choice of starter away from the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

So, there's a school that uses a pre-season wrestle-off, to do what, exactly?  Can you give an example of a school's procedure?  I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around a process that takes the choice of starter away from the coaching staff.

I think some coaches, in some situations, use the wrestle-off as a consideration, not necessarily a deciding factor, but a consideration.  It was said that the reason Joe Smith wrestled the post season instead of Chandler Rogers was that he won the wrestle-off.  

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I think some coaches, in some situations, use the wrestle-off as a consideration, not necessarily a deciding factor, but a consideration.  It was said that the reason Joe Smith wrestled the post season instead of Chandler Rogers was that he won the wrestle-off.  

I think you have the answer to the actual reason right in there...

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

21 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

As a coaching staff, why would you not consider the head to head results of your top two guys when deciding a starter? 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐