Israel Attacked

Bigbrog

5 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

if 'moving' is ethnic cleansing i guess

1) i'm in favor of ethnic cleansing. those two on that piece of land is going to be a war forever

2) jews have been threatened w/ ethnic cleansing forever. 

Yes, they are behaving very similarly to the Europeans who committed awful acts towards them the last thousand years.

Especially, in the West Bank illegal settlements. The settlers there are radical, genocidal lunatics. Just today another Palestinian village packed up and left under threat from a settler militia. That's ethnic cleansing.

• Stalling 1

15 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i guess what i'm saying is simply this:

there isn't going to be any semblance of peace or stability there until 1 of the 2 wins or removes themselves.

they can't coexist in that region. that's something we can all agree on, correct? 

Well, they have been there for thousands of years.

• Stalling 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Oh, I was saying with from the river to the sea, Hama's advocation of ethnic annihilation, which you and UB appear to be ok with.   Moving palestinians is a far worse crime in your minds.  

mspart

Nobody said that and I am not OK with that.  That is reprehensible, for Jews or Arabs.

12 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

And Jews/Israelites/Hebrews were in Israel a couple thousand years before there were Muslims. 

True, Islam didn't exist until the 6th century.  Doesn't mean the ancestors of the Palestinians weren't there.  Some of them were and remain Christians.

9 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

What you describe is definitively ethnic cleansing.

Nope. Not definitely, and not even at all. That's your imagination (and a bad call.)

i didn't say i want innocent Palestinians to be wiped off the face of the earth. 

i said them moving is the only way i see stability. 

If Willie had said he wanted to have them forcibly removed, then it would be ethnic cleansing.

He's merely speculating on the result of Palestinians choosing to move to the West Bank.

As to how the move occurs, he hasn't posted a single thing. That's left up to your imagination.

8 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Yep, it cuts both ways.

Except it doesn't.

• Only one of the two believes in a two-state solution, which allows them to live in harmony.
    • That's Israel.
  • Only one of the two believes the other must be eradicated, and no other options exist.
    • That's Hamas.

It does NOT cut both ways. You're letting your emotions overpower your ability to reason.

You're usually a solid poster, but your reasoning here is weak.

8 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Yes, they are behaving very similarly to the Europeans who committed awful acts towards them the last thousand years.

Especially, in the West Bank illegal settlements. The settlers there are radical, genocidal lunatics. Just today another Palestinian village packed up and left under threat from a settler militia. That's ethnic cleansing.

Now the scope has increased to include countries that have been awful to each other in the last thousand years.

If you are serious, this may be both interesting and educational.

What is happening in Gaza right now will only a blip on that timeline.

8 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Well, they have been there for thousands of years.

Native Americans lived in what is now the US for thousands of years, too.

Many examples of this. And also, many examples of land changing hands multiple times in decades time.

What has happened in recently in Gaza/Palestine isn't new to the world - it's a repeat of what's happened many times in history in many locations.

The idea that what is happening there is unique is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

That was a weak post.

16 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

There are Palestinians who could literally show you the house they got kicked out of

It goes back about 4000 years ago to the house of Abraham. The Palestinians come out of the line of Ishmael. The Jews come out of the line of Isaac. 

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Native Americans lived in what is now the US for thousands of years, too.

Many examples of this. And also, many examples of land changing hands multiple times in decades time.

What has happened in recently in Gaza/Palestine isn't new to the world - it's a repeat of what's happened many times in history in many locations.

The idea that what is happening there is unique is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

That was a weak post.

Nothing is unique about ethnic cleansing and stealing land.  The difference here is we point the finger at the past but justify it when it unfolds right before our eyes.

It won't bring peace.  This has already happened many times in the Holy Land.  The crusades, for example.  The Palestinians will always claim their share, because it is indeed theirs.

• Fire 1
  • Stalling 1