Israel Attacked

Bigbrog

There’s also reports it was actually Hamas bombed the hospital. 

Who the hell knows, but there are two things we know for sure in this situation: one is taking the first report we see and embracing it as completely accurate is not a good game plan, and the other is that either side is capable of doing some things here that we have a hard time fathoming. 

• Fire 2

14 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Israel just bombed Palestine's Baptist Hospital, the last remaining Christian hospital in Gaza. The death toll is at 900 and rising. A hospital. Don't look away @Bigbrog. Look at the crimes against humanity that you cheer. Despicable.

@mspart @GreatWhiteNorth @Offthemat @Gus don't look away cowards

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

• Fire 2

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

There’s also reports it was actually Hamas bombed the hospital. 

Who the hell knows, but there are two things we know for sure in this situation: one is taking the first report we see and embracing it as completely accurate is not a good game plan, and the other is that either side is capable of doing some things here that we have a hard time fathoming. 

Israeli journalist who is currently serving in the military immediately posted a tweet celebrating the bombing before deleting it. Most reputable news sources are reporting it as an Israeli strike. The only site I've seen reporting a failed Hamas rocket is the one that started the "40 beheaded babies" lie and had to retract.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

You've lost the plot. Search for your lost humanity.

If you find yourself agreeing with "the solution to human shields is to kill the shields" find god and save yourself.

Can't simply answer the questions?  Got it.

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

nobody knows if hamas was there or had tunnels

don't play dumb. the implication was pretty clear. now you answer my question.

Where was the hospital?  Still working on my Qs.  If its been reported they should know where its located.

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

It is on record Hamas is below hospitals and in tunnels.   Where have you been?

https://mwi.westpoint.edu/underground-nightmare-hamas-tunnels-and-the-wicked-problem-facing-the-idf/

mspart

in general yes. under this specific location? i don't know and neither do you.

next question, say there are. would that make the bombing justified?

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

Islamic Jihad being reported now as the perpetrators as well.

Again, doesn't mean that's accurate, just that......eeeeeasy. It's still early.

Only thing we can know for sure is that there needs to be a ceasefire. Hamas is calling for a ceasefire in exchange for releasing the hostages (whichever ones are still alive after the strikes). Israel is not interested (so far). The West needs to pull Netanyahu and Israel back. They've gone far past even retaliation. Enough.

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Only thing we can know for sure is that there needs to be a ceasefire. Hamas is calling for a ceasefire in exchange for releasing the hostages (whichever ones are still alive after the strikes). Israel is not interested (so far). The West needs to pull Netanyahu and Israel back. They've gone far past even retaliation. Enough.

I just read that (minus the Isreal is not interested part, did not read that)

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I just read that (minus the Isreal is not interested part, did not read that)

There have been ongoing negotiations through the Qatari government. The first offer was to release women and children hostages in exchange for 36 Palestinian women and children held by Israel.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/qatar-leads-talks-swap-hamas-held-hostages-palestinians-israeli-jails-2023-10-09/

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

There have been ongoing negotiations through the Qatari government. The first offer was to release women and children hostages in exchange for 36 Palestinian women and children held by Israel.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/qatar-leads-talks-swap-hamas-held-hostages-palestinians-israeli-jails-2023-10-09/

?? That's dated October 9.  I was referring to today's events.  "Stop firing and we will release all hostages"   Haven't seen anything about a response yet.

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

?? That's dated October 9.  I was referring to today's events.  "Stop firing and we will release all hostages"   Haven't seen anything about a response yet.

I meant that Israel has not been interested in negotiating up to this point. Could have worded it clearer.

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Perhaps Hamas should have thought of that before they executed innocent people in the kibutzes.  

mspart

To add to this, there's a reason Hamas/PIJ rockets have killed almost nobody over the last 20 years. They're made out of recycled pipes and construction materials. Misfire? Totally reasonable and they do happen. Bring down a large hospital with one errant rocket? That's a stretch. It would be the most destructive Hamas rocket of all time

Now add that Israel has been complaining in the media that doctors won't evacuate hospitals they want to strike. 

27 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

To add to this, there's a reason Hamas/PIJ rockets have killed almost nobody over the last 20 years. They're made out of recycled pipes and construction materials. Misfire? Totally reasonable and they do happen. Bring down a large hospital with one errant rocket? That's a stretch. It would be the most destructive Hamas rocket of all time

Now add that Israel has been complaining in the media that doctors won't evacuate hospitals they want to strike. 

Official Israeli accounts are now deleting the video above. Doesn't necessarily mean it was them, but it looks more likely at this point.