NCAA Potentially Reducing Gambling Penalties

Gus

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Oh yeah he’s loving this.  He can simultaneously claim he’s going to be right about the suspensions being a “nothingburger” while also claiming to be holier than thou and saying they should be suspended for the season

A part of me has always thought Jimmy is actually just Willie Saylor generating clicks and clacks by design. 

7 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I think Paniro Johnson was, but he also has legal issues because he was charged with an actual crime.

I thought he wasn’t technically facing any NCAA penalties because the alleged crimes happened while he was not a student?

9 hours ago, WildTurk said:

A part of me has always thought Jimmy is actually just Willie Saylor generating clicks and clacks by design. 

Hahahaha... it isn't Brain.  He doesn't have that sort of patience to troll us in this sort of long game.  He has way too much shit going on already.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I thought he wasn’t technically facing any NCAA penalties because the alleged crimes happened while he was not a student?

I think that is what some speculated but the NCAA has never released anything publicly, even against Iowa.  The Iowa suspension only come out from speculation and the Nelson Brands tweet but I am not a aware of a public statement that names or clearly states anyone(s) actual suspension.

Everything has been quite with Iowa State so less facts are public but we do know the NCAA was investigating ISU wrestlers and Johnson was charged with a crime.  That doesn't mean he would face a suspension but also I don't think he is definitely in the clear unless the NCAA backs off all gambling except for on you own team. 

2 hours ago, Dogbone said:

I think that is what some speculated but the NCAA has never released anything publicly, even against Iowa.  The Iowa suspension only come out from speculation and the Nelson Brands tweet but I am not a aware of a public statement that names or clearly states anyone(s) actual suspension.

Everything has been quite with Iowa State so less facts are public but we do know the NCAA was investigating ISU wrestlers and Johnson was charged with a crime.  That doesn't mean he would face a suspension but also I don't think he is definitely in the clear unless the NCAA backs off all gambling except for on you own team. 

Iowa released a statement saying (paraphrasing) “they have received the penalties from the NCAA but are not releasing names.”

Did ISU do that?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Iowa released a statement saying (paraphrasing) “they have received the penalties from the NCAA but are not releasing names.”

Did ISU do that?

To my knowledge nothing since May when they basically said  “approximately 15” student-athletes from football, wrestling and track and field may have violated NCAA rules."

You gamble, you lose a full year. You do it again, you are out of your sport.

Make it clear and enforce it. The whiners can still cry and those who get caught will know just what will happen to them.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

16 hours ago, Dogbone said:

To my knowledge nothing since May when they basically said  “approximately 15” student-athletes from football, wrestling and track and field may have violated NCAA rules."

I hadn’t seen originally but apparently they did make a similar statement as Iowa later

• Fire 1

On 10/5/2023 at 2:23 PM, CHROMEBIRD said:

I wonder where Brands and some of the others are at right now weight and training wise. If it was me, I would've taken a vacation from the gym and hit the all-you-can-eat buffet

Vegas seems the likely choice then. Gambling and buffets...