Nelson Brands tweets details on why his NCAA career is over

Jimmy Cinnabon

1 minute ago, headshuck said:

Don’t they have anyone providing legal advise like keep quiet until after the ruling?

Would it do any good, did these guys listen to the compliance officer and the coaches when they told them about the gambling rules?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 9/22/2023 at 7:32 PM, 1032004 said:

Ok so Cassioppi was outed by Iowa’s linebackers coach, and Brands was outed by himself, who’s it gonna be for Assad?

Another reason to hate Iowa Football.

The guy trying to get Kueter on the mat sooner?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

53 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Don’t they have anyone providing legal advise like keep quiet until after the ruling?

Apparently not, although it seems Cassioppi was smart enough not to say anything himself.

But now that guys have outed themselves, I would think the team/school should make a statement about them.  I wonder if they even will once there’s a final ruling.  Like even if it’s shortened will Brands even say why they’re not in the lineup?

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

If there were no NCAA ruled the athletes wouldn't have to break them. I don't understand why there is an out of bounds line, yet every NCAA sport I can think of has them.  It ain't fair.  🤨

If you step out of bounds and get suspended for the season, people may have an issue.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If you step out of bounds and get suspended for the season, people may have an issue.

Well Brands et al stepped out of bounds on this one, should the NCAA just blow the whistle and let them restart?  The rules are clear. 

28 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

As the ultimate authority on everything (obviousy) if they didn't bet on wrestling I find these punishments to be gross overkill. 

Please don't.  The only thing more pathetic that Cinny Jimmabon is a gross imitation of CinnyJimmabon without the space.

You could have at least attempted to get the correct avatar, dipshit.

8 hours ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

As the ultimate authority on everything (obviousy) if they didn't bet on wrestling I find these punishments to be gross overkill. 

I bet you think Pete Rose got screwed also.

• Fire 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

Pete Rose bet on baseball. I don't think they are the same so I won't go into my thoughts on Pete Rose.

Hey Cinny... you need to stop trying to copy the lamest lamer of the lame.

Also, MLB rules dictate then and now that you cannot bet on the MLB in any way shape or form.

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Hey Cinny... you need to stop trying to copy the lamest lamer of the lame.

Also, MLB rules dictate then and now that you cannot bet on the MLB in any way shape or form.

Well first of all, maybe someone is copying me. I'm not copying anyone. I'm the real deal Jack! Go ahead and jot that down.

Secondly I understand that MLB doesn't allow players to bet on baseball in anyway way. Like I said, if these guys didn't bet on wrestling it's different from what Pete Rose did.

1 minute ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

Well first of all, maybe someone is copying me. I'm not copying anyone. I'm the real deal Jack! Go ahead and jot that down.

Secondly I understand that MLB doesn't allow players to bet on baseball in anyway way. Like I said, if these guys didn't bet on wrestling it's different from what Pete Rose did.

The NCAA rules don't allow betting on other NCAA sports and especially not your own university.  Pretty much just like the MLB and Rose.  Look it up Jack.

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

The NCAA rules don't allow betting on other NCAA sports and especially not your own university.  Pretty much just like the MLB and Rose.  Look it up Jack.

I know what it says. And I disagree with it. I've said as much. If they didn't bet on wrestling I think the punishments that were handed down are too much. If you don't like my opinion, well I have others. 

10 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

I know what it says. And I disagree with it. I've said as much. If they didn't bet on wrestling I think the punishments that were handed down are too much. If you don't like my opinion, well I have others. 

I think the national speed limit should be 85, if its good for Wyoming then why not the whole country?

I also think there should be no out of bounds in college sports, why are we constraining these kids?

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

It wasn't a question, it was adding emphasis.  As a former NCAA athlete, I know the regs.

Dueling is/was an NCAA sport?  

To be clear, I knew fencing was but dueling at dawn?  😉

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 1