How would Yazdani do in NCAA D-1 wrestling?

Jimmy Cinnabon

His chances would've gotten better this season with 3TD, could stay on his feet and play catch n release, then fake ride/escape attempt from top/bottom when the gas tank hits empty. It would be fun to see him go with Brooks, but he might also insult Yazdani's religion after the match and start an international incident

• Haha 1

He'd beat Brooks.  Not Taylor, that is obvious.
I think his style would be good for Iowa, but he'd benefit from PSU/NLWC.

I believe Brooks has more TDs against Taylor than Yazdani does in the last couple years.

If Yazdani came in and started wrestling Folk in January, he’d still be lucky to not get decked by Brooks at 197, IMO. Brooks isn’t a renowned pinner but a guy like Yazdani has never felt a hard two minute ride and might get stalled out or just flop over to end it sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

I believe Brooks has more TDs against Taylor than Yazdani does in the last couple years.

If Yazdani came in and started wrestling Folk in January, he’d still be lucky to not get decked by Brooks at 197, IMO. Brooks isn’t a renowned pinner but a guy like Yazdani has never felt a hard two minute ride and might get stalled out or just flop over to end it sooner.

Yazdani lucky to not get decked by Brooks

🤣 

Edited by WildTurk
  • Fire 1

The international scene doesn't compete as often.  The grind of the collegiate season is significant.  These factors may impact overall success, but, it doesn't change my perspective that he'd be a multi-time champ.  He may take losses, as everyone not named Cael has... 

8 hours ago, treep2000 said:

The international scene doesn't compete as often.  The grind of the collegiate season is significant.  These factors may impact overall success, but, it doesn't change my perspective that he'd be a multi-time champ.  He may take losses, as everyone not named Cael has... 

Good point. How many matches you reckon somebody like Yazdani has of actual competition per year?

Yazdani lucky to not get decked by Brooks

We’re talking about a guy who has wrestled 0 folk matches against a likely 4-timer with what I’m guessing is nearly a four digit number of folk matches under his belt. A guy who accumulated nearly four minutes of riding time against Myles Amine, who is also an Olympic medalist, and had five seasons of collegiate folkstyle wrestling.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

We’re talking about a guy who has wrestled 0 folk matches against a likely 4-timer with what I’m guessing is nearly a four digit number of folk matches under his belt. A guy who accumulated nearly four minutes of riding time against Myles Amine, who is also an Olympic medalist, and had five seasons of collegiate folkstyle wrestling.

I know exactly who you're talking about.  I've watched them both wrestle dozens' of times. I'm not saying Brooks couldn't beat him in folk, I was specifically referring to your comment-

"If Yazdani came in and started wrestling Folk in January, he’d still be lucky to not get decked by Brooks"

I strongly disagree with that opinion. We both can agree to disagree on that. 

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Well 40% of the MFS champs came from the NCAA, so seems pretty good.

While true, it's certainly not done without attention to developing Freestyle skills.

If I understood the OP, the effort in their original post was to state that American Folk is a superior form to Free.

Edited by Tom formerly Tofurky

47 minutes ago, Tom formerly Tofurky said:

While true, it's certainly not done without attention to developing Freestyle skills.

If I understood the OP, the effort in their original post was to state that American Folk is a superior form to Free.

The OP is a notorious troll

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Tom formerly Tofurky said:

Still nice to acknowledge USA wrestlers that primarily focus on Folkstyle through college can still make these successful transitions to Freestyle.

I see "folkstyle" positions earning these guys points internationally.  Especially guys like The magic man and The watermelon squeezer 

5 hours ago, Tom formerly Tofurky said:

Cinny's only effort in life is to not pay his debts.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me