Twitter is better

jross

1 hour ago, DJT said:

The top 4 cities for searching Twitter are in the DC Metro and many of the other top cities are field office locations, so it’s probably a product of FBI searches. More plausible than a bot unleashed by Elon to google the word Twitter at 2am.

us-east-1 is a vast aws facility located in VA.

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Yes, that is the FBI and CIA running their bots, unless you think Elon decided to make his bot register as coming from all of those FBI cities…

There are problems with your theory. The city data is portion of searches in that city, not portion of searches overall. So if DC had one search and that one search was "twitter" it would register as 100 even though that is a miniscule portion of all searches. The other problem is that the word twitter is popoular where population is high, which is also where field offices tend to be. Correlation is not causation.

Of course, I know every word I just typed was wasted on you.

Look out behind you, its the FCBIA.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

There are problems with your theory. The city data is portion of searches in that city, not portion of searches overall. So if DC had one search and that one search was "twitter" it would register as 100 even though that is a miniscule portion of all searches. The other problem is that the word twitter is popoular where population is high, which is also where field offices tend to be. Correlation is not causation.

Of course, I know every word I just typed was wasted on you.

Look out behind you, it’s the FCBIA.

I have no idea what you just said.

We don’t need none of your fancy words and uppity logic on here message boards.

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yep. I will put it in words you will understand because you have heard them your whole life. You are wrong.

The only thing I actually don’t understand is why anyone would be googling the word Twitter in the first place, let alone millions of people…

Anyhow, lighten up. This message board doesn’t need to be as serious as one for something important, like Fantasy Football.

30 minutes ago, DJT said:

The only thing I actually don’t understand is why anyone would be googling the word Twitter in the first place, let alone millions of people…

Anyhow, lighten up. This message board doesn’t need to be as serious as one for something important, like Fantasy Football.

Actual trending searches are "how do I close my Twitter account?" and "How do I download all my tweets and replies before deleting my Twitter account?"

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Actual trending searches are "how do I close my Twitter account?" and "How do I download all my tweets and replies before deleting my Twitter account?"

And Krispy Kreme is selling a dozen donuts for 86 cents tomorrow…. People are also searching about constipation a lot… perhaps related? 🤔

Kathy Wood said the other day that her firm has written down their Twitter stake 47%, but would buy more at these valuations as she still believes in the long term potential.

Previously, Fidelity had written down their stake by ~65%.

And Musk said that Twitter is cash flow negative because advertising revenue is down 50% (though he didn't say from where, other estimates had it down 89% from pre-deal levels earlier this year) and the debt load is heavy. Current interest rates on the three debt tranches range from 9.8% to 15.1%.

So why not go public? As a private company the only thing that matters is cash flow. But as a public company no one is better at creating a meme stock than Elon Musk. There are hoards of loyal  Musk followers who would gladly subscribe to the IPO. The stock would surely trade higher in public markets than private.

The con argument is that no private company likes to do a down round, but it sure seems like it is better to issue stock and pay off the high interest rate debt at this point.

7 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Kathy Wood said the other day that her firm has written down their Twitter stake 47%, but would buy more at these valuations as she still believes in the long term potential.

Previously, Fidelity had written down their stake by ~65%.

And Musk said that Twitter is cash flow negative because advertising revenue is down 50% (though he didn't say from where, other estimates had it down 89% from pre-deal levels earlier this year) and the debt load is heavy. Current interest rates on the three debt tranches range from 9.8% to 15.1%.

So why not go public? As a private company the only thing that matters is cash flow. But as a public company no one is better at creating a meme stock than Elon Musk. There are hoards of loyal  Musk followers who would gladly subscribe to the IPO. The stock would surely trade higher in public markets than private.

The con argument is that no private company likes to do a down round, but it sure seems like it is better to issue stock and pay off the high interest rate debt at this point.

Serious question Wrestlingknownothing...do you run a company?  Smalll?  Large?  Not meant in any other meaning other than I am truly curious. 

37 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

No, Sir. But I have always been involved in finance in a variety of capacities. 

Is it possible these firms are writing down the value of their Twitter investments to offset other actualized gains (i.e. tax purposes)?

Also, do you think these firms would actually be willing to sell their stakes at the price at which they are valuing them?

Edited by DJT

41 minutes ago, DJT said:

Is it possible these firms are writing down the value of their Twitter investments to offset other actualized gains (i.e. tax purposes)?

Also, do you think these firms would actually be willing to sell their stakes at the price at which they are valuing them?

No, writing it down is not taxable. These are unrealized losses. There is not taxable event until they sell. And they are part of customer assets, not their own.

As for selling, doubtful. Kathy Wood says she wants to buy more. Seems like there is a trade there. Fideilty thinks it is 35 cents in the dollar and Wood says she is a buyer at 53 cents on the dollar. Why not buy Fidelity's stake? Fidelity must not want to sell either.

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

No, writing it down is not taxable. These are unrealized losses. There is not taxable event until they sell. And they are part of customer assets, not their own.

As for selling, doubtful. Kathy Wood says she wants to buy more. Seems like there is a trade there. Fideilty thinks it is 35 cents in the dollar and Wood says she is a buyer at 53 cents on the dollar. Why not buy Fidelity's stake? Fidelity must not want to sell either.

Makes sense. I only took on finance class in college, and I usually slept in it after I finished my breakfast (damn 7:45am lecture).

I’d imagine Musk would buy up their stakes at those prices if they were willing to sell at them.
This is basically like the guy who has his house assessed at $200k, wouldn’t sell it for less than $400k, but still uses his $200k assessment price when negotiating to buy another house in the neighborhood for his daughter.