Twitter is better

jross

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Can't read the article.   Does it say why FTC wants this stuff?

mspart

The Federal Trade Commission has demanded Twitter Inc. turn over internal communications related to owner Elon Musk, as well as detailed information about layoffs—citing concerns that staff reductions could compromise the company’s ability to protect users, documents viewed by the Wall Street Journal show.

I'm all for someone being held responsible for wrongdoing, including if it involved HIPPA laws and/or discrimination towards someone disabled, but holy hell people, you are convicting someone based on a news site article and posts on the very social media platform that is on page 23 of hate against it??  Again, you can't make this stuff up.  🙄

I'm all for someone being held responsible for wrongdoing, including if it involved HIPPA laws and/or discrimination towards someone disabled, but holy hell people, you are convicting someone based on a news site article and posts on the very social media platform that is on page 23 of hate against it??  Again, you can't make this stuff up.  

Convicting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Convicting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your question?  You, Mike, and others jump down Elon's throat and indicate how he is in so much trouble, and your wife "gasped" when she read the posts on twitter??  What is so "gasping" about it...that you and your other ilk just want him to be guilty so bad??

And you respond...."Convicting?" instead of commenting on the point of my post??  The irony and complete idiocrasy of what you guys do?  I guess I'll never understand the attitude of "let's go find a way to make sure the person fails and accuse him of bad things before there are any facts released because they think differently than I do"

By the way I think Elon is a whackadoodle...but he is also brilliant at the same time...guess I can see through faults in people without trying to bring them down, wish them to be in jail (without concrete facts), and think they are the worst people in the world when I have never actually met them.

16 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

What is your question?  You, Mike, and others jump down Elon's throat and indicate how he is in so much trouble, and your wife "gasped" when she read the posts on twitter??  What is so "gasping" about it...that you and your other ilk just want him to be guilty so bad??

And you respond...."Convicting?" instead of commenting on the point of my post??  The irony and complete idiocrasy of what you guys do?  I guess I'll never understand the attitude of "let's go find a way to make sure the person fails and accuse him of bad things before there are any facts released because they think differently than I do"

By the way I think Elon is a whackadoodle...but he is also brilliant at the same time...guess I can see through faults in people without trying to bring them down, wish them to be in jail (without concrete facts), and think they are the worst people in the world when I have never actually met them.

Guilty.

• Haha 1

So, here is what I don't get. He is the richest man in the world (at least I think he is back on top), why would you want to get into petty Twitter fights with people you laid off? Wouldn't you have people you paid to handle the crappy stuff?

He can just choose not to be a petty jerk on social media. That is one of his options. Instead he makes being a billionaire seem a very sad existence.

It seems a simple choice.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So, here is what I don't get. He is the richest man in the world (at least I think he is back on top), why would you want to get into petty Twitter fights with people you laid off? Wouldn't you have people you paid to handle the crappy stuff?

He can just choose not to be a petty jerk on social media. That is one of his options. Instead he makes being a billionaire seem a very sad existence.

Why are you convicting him?!

Your post is spot on.  Apologizing for childish behavior is his inexplicably chosen schtick.  Remember the Thai submarine?

Edited by Plasmodium

8 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I have met Elmo.

And I have a friends who worked at Tesla.
Not a single one enjoyed the experience and all had crazy stories of the stupid shit Elmo would pull.

We're not a court of law and we're not convicting anyone.
We're laughing at Elmo, a guy you've never met, and it apparently hurts your feelings to the point that you felt it necessary to mount a defense.

FYI, 'idiocrasy' isn't a word.

11 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Here's a simpler writeup.

Ok, so it has nothing to do with Musk.   It is followup on FTC actions from earlier in 2022 before Musk purchased Twitter.   Plus they want to keep that on going to make sure Twitter is still protecting people's privacy.

Got it.  Thanks for the clarification. 

mspart

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

I have met Elmo.

Not a single one enjoyed the experience and all had crazy stories of the stupid shit Elmo would pull.

We're laughing at Elmo, a guy you've never met, and it apparently hurts your feelings to the point that you felt it necessary to mount a defense.

Speak for yourself. Judge Judy and I have issued our verdict.

image.png.deef694e51728c209573617fc65d714e.png

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 minutes ago, mspart said:

Ok, so it has nothing to do with Musk.   It is followup on FTC actions from earlier in 2022 before Musk purchased Twitter.   Plus they want to keep that on going to make sure Twitter is still protecting people's privacy.

Got it.  Thanks for the clarification. 

mspart

Not directly.
However, he's on the hook for performance to the 2011 consent decree as an officer of the company.

5 minutes ago, mspart said:

Yes correct.   But they are not "officially" attacking him for taking over Twitter.   This is a long standing consent decree he has to abide by.

mspart

I think the FTC's concern is valid given that Elmo has laid off everyone whose job it was to make sure Twitter was in compliance with the consent decree.

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I'm not rich but I do sometimes wonder why I choose to read @Mike Parrish's bullshit daily. We could all make better decisions. It happens.

10 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Yet here you are, again.

Also, please stop sending me your nudes in PMs.

I figured the way you're constantly typing with one hand and masturbating over Donald Trump and Elon Musk with the other, you'd be into it. If you don't want them, forward them to the disappointed woman in your life. 

15 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

I have met Elmo.

Funny...not really as it is expected from you...that you think I am "mounting a defense" when it had nothing to do with Elon and more to do with you and others blind partisan hatred for him.  My guess is until he switched to the big bad "R's" you probably just overlooked his whackadoodleness...by the way that isn't a word either but weird you didn't call that out since I used it to describe Elon...point being you and others blind partisan support and criticisms/hypocrisy is tiresome, and I enjoy calling it out.  And funny that you hate Elon for petty/childish/stupid attacks on people personally, yet you engage in that exact same behavior...as I always say, you can't make this stuff up.

51 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Funny...not really as it is expected from you...that you think I am "mounting a defense" when it had nothing to do with Elon and more to do with you and others blind partisan hatred for him.  My guess is until he switched to the big bad "R's" you probably just overlooked his whackadoodleness...by the way that isn't a word either but weird you didn't call that out since I used it to describe Elon...point being you and others blind partisan support and criticisms/hypocrisy is tiresome, and I enjoy calling it out.  And funny that you hate Elon for petty/childish/stupid attacks on people personally, yet you engage in that exact same behavior...as I always say, you can't make this stuff up.

Funny that you accuse me of misinterpreting you when you say we have a "blind partisan hatred" for the man.

Hypocrisy, thy name is BigBrog.