InterMat Forums v. Ban Basketball

BobDole

Does Ban Basketball owe Bob Dole $1,000?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Please render a verdict

• Yes he is guilty of all charges
    • No, he is not guilty

6 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Ban asks Bob about more recent years after mentioning "in 10 years" AND in that very same post.  This indicates Ban thinks he knows Penrith's (distant years) correctly, and so asks about more recent years.

It's clear from the dialog Ban never accepts the bet when restated by Bob.

Two different bets were proffered about the number of UNI AA wrestlers:

1) Ban: In (any) 10 years at 14 (initially 17 but revised);

2) Bob: In most recent 10 years (ending in 2012) at 9.

Ban does not accept many subsequent attempts by Bob to obtain Ban's agreement to Bob's terms.

Neither bet was ever agreed upon  by both Ban and Bob.  Therefore, no bet was made. Only terms of potential bets were under consideration.  Therefore, neither Ban nor Bob owes the other $1,000.

Therefore Ban does not owe Bob $1000.  As such, Ban is not guilty of the charge based on the evidence presented.

Precisely. I appreciate someone who doesn't allow a twenty year grudge to prevent him from actually carefully reading the transcript and noticing the blatant omission in all of it:  the final conditions of the bet were never determined nor agreed upon. 

Thanks for your honesty. 

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 hours ago, BobDole said:

I stated twice my position with the exact words of last 10 years with data to back up my statement. He twice rebutted that I was wrong, the proposed the bet and I agreed based on my statements. He only backed down when he realized he was ***gasp*** wrong! You can't make a bet then go back on it when you realize you lost.

If he was insinuating the Penrith years he would have said that in one of the two rebuttals after I posted exact data to support my claim. Instead he is so infatuated with always being right that he didn't even read the post to see what I was saying.

Never did he mention Penrith until after he initiated the bet. He initiated the bet based on my statement of 9 AA's in the last 10 years. It is not my fault his reading comprehension skills are not up to par.

What he did was akin to playing blackjack and crying because he didn't know the dealer could hit 21 after he lost.

Thanks for demonstrating in your own words that we didn't agree on the same conditions and terms. 

In court,  yous would be toast with that testimony,  my friend!

I would have plead the 5th, like our inmate candidate did over 440 times in one day!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Does he at least owe CKWC $2600 ($1k*2) when factoring inflation) for being a turdbiscuit?

Asking for a friend.

He owes nothing.  Never did,  and still not today.  Bob's own words in this thread illustrates that we didn't agree on terms. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

I literally laughed out loud at this...nicely done!!

Nothing more funny than a disabled person,  eh, innate?!

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Reminds me of the ride along I did with my stepbro who is a cop and he pulled over this guy doing 70 in a 30 mph zone.  Guy was super pissed and blamed my stepbro for making him late to work...ummm, sorry, but YOU made yourself late for work, and now you are going to be even more late and your wallet is going to be much lighter.

Ban is intent on banning himself...and then will once again play the victim.

I'm disappointed I'm not already cancelled,  freedom lover!

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

A jury of ban’s closest family would convict him based on his personality alone.   Can you imagine spending a week in a Vrbo with him?    

You don't know me.

There are a few on here who've met me in person.  I'm very well liked,  as long as you don't antagonize me,  as you see here.  It's why I'm biting back. 

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

That is called cruel and unusual punishment. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.

You don't know me.  We have a close family and we all love one another. 

Here's saying that you can't say that,  can you?

"You don't know me"  

"My family loves me"

"I'm well liked"

"Here's saying that you can't say that,  can you?"

Now he is trying to convince strangers on the internet that people love him.  If I could give him one piece of advice I would say show a therapist his all his responses in this thread. They could possibly help him rid some demons/baggage. 

He reminds me of my best friend in high school who was raised by a man with (NPI) narcissistic personality disorder. 

My friend was so sensitive to even mild constructive criticism. Always threatening to leave right away, then ghosting people for no reason, quick to challenge people to fights/name calling.  He started using lying and triangulation tactics, learned from his father, to get what he wanted in life. 

Mental disorders are real an often misdiagnosed/treated.  That's a common theme all across our country unfortunately.

Edited by WildTurk
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

He owes nothing.  Never did,  and still not today.  Bob's own words in this thread illustrates that we didn't agree on terms. 

"HE" as in you?  Why are you speaking in third person?  Isn't that the 4th level of delusion, pre-Alzheimer's but well in to the dementia stages?

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

"HE" as in you?  Why are you speaking in third person?  Isn't that the 4th level of delusion, pre-Alzheimer's but well in to the dementia stages?

Thanks for the English "lesson." Mes be sure to code that baby into memory.

I know it's in vogue right now for folks like you to mock and get driven into blind rages over those with disabilities and dementia, but keep in mind that your audience likely have loved ones stricken with one of those conditions.  

Edited by Ban Basketball

7 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Thanks for the English "lesson." Mes be sure to code that baby into memory.

I know it's in vogue right now for folks like you to mock and get driven into blind rages over those with disabilities and dementia, but keep in mind that your audience likely have loved ones stricken with one of those conditions.  

That wasn't what I was doing.  I was genuinely asking out of concern for your health and well-being.  Very hypocritical of you to assume.  You have been absolutely bonkers and that isn't a good sign of mental health either.

In any case... weren't you trying to ban yourself?  The easiest way to do that is to log out and don't log back in.  You get what you want.  Win-win for everyone there.

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That wasn't what I was doing.  I was genuinely asking out of concern for your health and well-being.  Very hypocritical of you to assume.  You have been absolutely bonkers and that isn't a good sign of mental health either.

In any case... weren't you trying to ban yourself?  The easiest way to do that is to log out and don't log back in.  You get what you want.  Win-win for everyone there.

Thanks for yis  shallow "concerns," but as Steve Forbert says,  " all in all my wheels are mainly on the track."🤪

Lots of off-topic here. Fact is that if the attached old discussion is accurate and complete, then there was absolutely no bet agreed to.

Now, fast forward to present day (September 2023), I looked up UNI's All-Americans over the past 10 years, and the data is actually very interesting. Anyone want to guess how many they had? I'll provide multiple choice:

a) 9

b) 12

c) 14

d) 17

I'll bet you $10 that you get this one wrong!

29 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Correct 

Another who gets enraged over those struggling with dementia and disabilities. 

Aren't you the genius who mocked a person with an intellectual disability last night? I thought so.

Good job! You're better than those who have challenges! What a badass!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PencilNeck said:

Lots of off-topic here. Fact is that if the attached old discussion is accurate and complete, then there was absolutely no bet agreed to.

Now, fast forward to present day (September 2023), I looked up UNI's All-Americans over the past 10 years, and the data is actually very interesting. Anyone want to guess how many they had? I'll provide multiple choice:

a) 9

b) 12

c) 14

d) 17

I'll bet you $10 that you get this one wrong!

I'm the man to go to here.  I don't count 2020 "AA,,'s" so I actually count 13. None of the above. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

8 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I'm the man to go to here.  I don't count 2020 "AA,,'s" so I actually count 13. None of the above. 

Excluding 2020 and going off of the media guide for 2014-2022 and +1 for 2023, I counted lower than 13; adding in 2013 to make it go over 10 seasons rather than years, I get higher than 13 (note that BB did not attempt to get in on the wager I offered when he made this reply) 🙂 

Edited by PencilNeck

51 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I was laughing at you...oh wait...than that means...shoot, my apologies, guess everyone's speculation was correct, you are disabled.  Makes sense now.

Can't get one by you,  can I, Columbio.😉

3 hours ago, WildTurk said:

"You don't know me"  

"My family loves me"

"I'm well liked"

"Here's saying that you can't say that,  can you?"

Now he is trying to convince strangers on the internet that people love him.  If I could give him one piece of advice I would say show a therapist his all his responses in this thread. They could possibly help him rid some demons/baggage. 

He reminds me of my best friend in high school who was raised by a man with (NPI) narcissistic personality disorder. 

My friend was so sensitive to even mild constructive criticism. Always threatening to leave right away, then ghosting people for no reason, quick to challenge people to fights/name calling.  He started using lying and triangulation tactics, learned from his father, to get what he wanted in life. 

Mental disorders are real an often misdiagnosed/treated.  That's a common theme all across our country unfortunately.

Wow!  That is A LOT of work to go through because of your obsession with my words. 

Next time, you don't need to rally the sheep to side against me.  They already are,  and you won't need to work at all to get them to side with you. 

WOWZA!

5 hours ago, BobDole said:

That is called cruel and unusual punishment. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.

Imagine.  It’s thanksgiving.   Bb made a meal for the family….

one of the kids says the turkey is dry.   Or one of the cousins says the gravy is salty.    Or a relative married a republican.    

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

Imagine.  It’s thanksgiving.   Bb made a meal for the family….

one of the kids says the turkey is dry.   Or one of the cousins says the gravy is salty.    Or a relative married a republican.    

Can't get one by you,  can I, Columbio?  😉

A little advice: if you weren't so obsessed with my words and feel the need to try to rally the sheep onto your side by posting about me,  you wouldn't see any more posts from me in this thread. 

I will defend myself,  but I won't initiate antagonism.  

44 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Can't get one by you,  can I, Columbio?  😉

A little advice: if you weren't so obsessed with my words and feel the need to try to rally the sheep onto your side by posting about me,  you wouldn't see any more posts from me in this thread. 

I will defend myself,  but I won't initiate antagonism.  

Your existence initiate it at this point.

Move on.

• Haha 1